Sponsored

Can’t believe I waited for this peice of @&$!

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with you, like I said might have jumped the gun…It’s like having dog that when you left the room it ate the entire thanksgiving dinner, at that moment, you want to take the dog in the back and feed it a meatball on the end of a shotgun. But you don’t because at end of the day you know how good of a dog it is.
So, What type of dog do you have?
Sponsored

Nexgenbronco

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep typical ford! Waited for this bronco, and got lucky when they opened up the orders. Or didI? I have a 2021 4dr 1st edition, this truck starts when it wants to! The truck literally shuts completely down with no warning. Everything is fine then you park it and it the doors won’t unlock, ( no response to the key fob). You then have to manually unlock the door, (which sets the alarm off), all screens and gauges are black no response. Even putting the key fob in its home in the center console, it dose not recognize it. The only thing you can do is disconnect the ground from the battery, wait about 25min-40min for everything to reset to default and like magic the truck starts like there was no problem at all…
I have load tested the battery, (Ford has replaced it 3 times with new ones), I have checked and tested all connections.
It has been at ford for 2 months, with software updates, new computer, new key fobs, and still shuts down. Any one else have this problem?

Do you happen to know if the body control module was replaced? It is the PMM (power management module) and is known to cause issues similar to yours. BCM module chipsets are manufactured by Contenital/Siemens, Lear, or Temic. We all know how the supply of chips are so the quiality has been subpar.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One issue at 1k miles, no camera, pre collision alert not working pop up every time I start it. Only other problem is sleep deprivation caused by owning a Bronco and thinking of mods or watching videos/websites.
i've got a similar issue. on startup it says a trailer is attached so it's disabling BLIS, backup assist, and some other pop ups. dealership can't figure it out. i drop it off again on monday for them to take the rear bumper off and take apart the entire factory tow package to find a resolution per ford engineer's latest instructions. last time i dropped it off for them to try and figure it out, they said there were no loose wires and no water damage. they reset the center stack, which didn't work, then a master reset on the cluster, which didn't work either. they let me take it home to use over the holidays at least but now it's back to the dealership.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep typical ford! Waited for this bronco, and got lucky when they opened up the orders. Or didI? I have a 2021 4dr 1st edition, this truck starts when it wants to! The truck literally shuts completely down with no warning. Everything is fine then you park it and it the doors won’t unlock, ( no response to the key fob). You then have to manually unlock the door, (which sets the alarm off), all screens and gauges are black no response. Even putting the key fob in its home in the center console, it dose not recognize it. The only thing you can do is disconnect the ground from the battery, wait about 25min-40min for everything to reset to default and like magic the truck starts like there was no problem at all…
I have load tested the battery, (Ford has replaced it 3 times with new ones), I have checked and tested all connections.
It has been at ford for 2 months, with software updates, new computer, new key fobs, and still shuts down. Any one else have this problem?
Questions, how long after you got you Bronco did the issues start, Mileage at time issues started, how do you use your Bronco (Mall Crawler or do you Off-Road it), Any mods done to the Bronco particularly that involve forscan?

If Ford's had it for 60 plus days straight then you probably need to start looking into lemon laws for your state.

3_Dragons

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2023 has burning rubber smell often. Hoping it’s just something burning off and not trans etc. 400 miles so far.
Ford rep any info on this?
I have the same issue with my 2023OBX. I spoke to the dealership about it and even brought it in for service , because the modem keeps going out. I asked them to make sure they check the wiring, because when I have modem issues I again smell the rubber type burning. Today marks 30 days since Ipurchased and several trips to service doesn’t make for a happy camper.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same issue with my 2023OBX. I spoke to the dealership about it and even brought it in for service , because the modem keeps going out. I asked them to make sure they check the wiring, because when I have modem issues I again smell the rubber type burning. Today marks 30 days since Ipurchased and several trips to service doesn’t make for a happy camper.
I was still trying to figure out the modem and what it does. I hooked up Wi-Fi to house router. Is the modern just for the hotspot? Is that all trim levels? Is that ford sync? I saw where we get 42,000 points but I didn’t figure it out yet

3_Dragons

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The modem controls all the connectivity of the vehicle, such as ford pass, Wi-Fi and even some of the Navigation. Without it you are still able to use most things such as radio, CarPlay etc. it took me a week to get my points. You have to make sure you register your vehicle on ford pass to get them.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have never purchased a new vehicle before I can see how this would concern you. The smell is just all that new burning off. Everything that gets hot underneath is burning off coatings, hand and finger prints etc, it’s new materials never heated before. It’s normal.

Sponsored

Mart

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, mine happens with auto start stop. A couple times now, when I’m at a stop, the engine goes off as auto stop, then when I touch the accelerator, the engine cuts and things shut off entirely, engine and electronics. The first time, it came back instantly but I had to shift to park to push ignition to get the engine started.

Another time, it cut out completely, engine and all electronics, for about 2 or so minutes again right when the engine was trying to start up from auto stop. Not even the 4 ways would work. Then suddenly after a few minutes, it was back on like nothing happened and I could start the engine up.

Going in to dealer next week. Based on not even 4 ways working, I assume it’s either a ground, battery, or maybe something related to the starter electronics.

Anyone with any ideas, let me know.

Mart

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2022 Badllands edition with less than 2000 miles just had the same issue with the start/stop problem yesterday. Was at a stop sign and the vehicle just turned off and didn't re- start. Completely locked out. It Started after a few minutes the first time, but it happened 2 more times on that day. The 2nd and 3rd time it didn't restart till 10-15 minutes later. Was over 100 miles from home..so happy it restarted and able to drive back. Called the dealership and scheduled a check up. Calling Ford to let them know that I'm having a problem with a brand new vehicle that never should have any issues, being it's not a first edition model. 2.5 engine.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2022 Badllands edition with less than 2000 miles just had the same issue with the start/stop problem yesterday. Was at a stop sign and the vehicle just turned off and didn't re- start. Completely locked out. It Started after a few minutes the first time, but it happened 2 more times on that day. The 2nd and 3rd time it didn't restart till 10-15 minutes later. Was over 100 miles from home..so happy it restarted and able to drive back. Called the dealership and scheduled a check up. Calling Ford to let them know that I'm having a problem with a brand new vehicle that never should have any issues, being it's not a first edition model. 2.5 engine.
I haven’t had any more issues with it over the last week, but I’ve been running with auto start stop off. I seated fuses which I guess could have helped, but I’m going to see what the dealer says before I start running auto start stop again.

Probably going to get something like this anyway though.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/autosto...jTdgef_lvXskTn7-CXRSVpabwCzwydsRoC7rIQAvD_BwE

Mart

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t had any more issues with it over the last week, but I’ve been running with auto start stop off. I seated fuses which I guess could have helped, but I’m going to see what the dealer says before I start running auto start stop again.

Probably going to get something like this anyway though.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/autosto...jTdgef_lvXskTn7-CXRSVpabwCzwydsRoC7rIQAvD_BwE
Mines under warranty, so I want to utilize it first. But it's so disappointing that this would happen in the first place. Bad for business, equally bad for customers to endure it.

Mart

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mines under warranty, so I want to utilize it first. But it's so disappointing that this would happen in the first place. Bad for business, equally bad for customers to endure it.
Btw, just saw a YouTube video that shows how to temporarily turn off this option. Hope it works so I can drive it without any problems. It's a temporary fix, but worth trying till it's addressed.
Sponsored