First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard back from Dealer…. Per the dealer Ford has put a stop to all part ordering related to the TSB. Possibly ford is about to acknowledge and post a recall? Who knows but all of us with parts on order… sadly they are NOT on order at all and waiting for future direction from HQ.

So…question.. still waiting to hear back on timeline for this so…has anyone brought up not paying their payments or asking for Ford for some type of reimbursement or purpose a NEW automatic Bronco?
My bet is the TSB is going to be superseded shortly. Sounds like there has been enough feedback that the 1st TSB doesn't fix it. Doubt this issue ever rises to the "recall" level, but could become a "B" or "M" campaign (never did learn the difference between those two). I think we have crossed the "acknowledgement" threshold.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heard back from Dealer…. Per the dealer Ford has put a stop to all part ordering related to the TSB. Possibly ford is about to acknowledge and post a recall? Who knows but all of us with parts on order… sadly they are NOT on order at all and waiting for future direction from HQ.
I would say that is good news if true. Seems pretty stupid to be throwing thousands upon thousands of $$ into repairs that do not fix the issue.

TenaciousRoo

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I literally just bought my base Bronco yesterday and heard this for the first time while in the parking lot. Scared the crap out of me. Once the vehicle is warmed up I don't hear that same crunching metal sound. I love this vehicle but I'm torn and don't know what to do. I just went for a long drive and I haven't heard it at all. Is this something as Bronco owners we can live with? I love the manual. It shifts so smoothly and drives fantastic. Not sure if I should return the vehicle ASAP or deal with the funky noise?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I literally just bought my base Bronco yesterday and heard this for the first time while in the parking lot. Scared the crap out of me. Once the vehicle is warmed up I don't hear that same crunching metal sound. I love this vehicle but I'm torn and don't know what to do. I just went for a long drive and I haven't heard it at all. Is this something as Bronco owners we can live with? I love the manual. It shirts so smoothly and drives fantastic. Not sure if I should return the vehicle ASAP or deal with the funky noise?
We CANNOT live with this and no one should suggest that it's okay! Mine turned into performance issues and so have others. The noise became worse and more constant over time.

We just need to wait for a real fix but the repairs are piling up so FORD better figure it out fast!

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I literally just bought my base Bronco yesterday and heard this for the first time while in the parking lot. Scared the crap out of me. Once the vehicle is warmed up I don't hear that same crunching metal sound. I love this vehicle but I'm torn and don't know what to do. I just went for a long drive and I haven't heard it at all. Is this something as Bronco owners we can live with? I love the manual. It shifts so smoothly and drives fantastic. Not sure if I should return the vehicle ASAP or deal with the funky noise?
Hi John. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in a similar boat. You should probably take it back to the dealership/service department as soon as possible to document the issue.

LegacyHunter

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not going to live with this. At some point there is going to be a major failure. Traded mine in and went back to a F150. Really sucks, Bronco is a great vehicle if they build it right....

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welp, today was the first time starting it cold soaked and I got the "NOISE"! Letting the dealership know but won't do anything till there's an actual fix.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not going to live with this. At some point there is going to be a major failure. Traded mine in and went back to a F150. Really sucks, Bronco is a great vehicle if they build it right....
Yea, I don't get it. Silly that people are here like, I'm okay with this...... We should all be getting fired up and pissed at FORD!

Sponsored

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery 9/22, noticed noise ~200miles...brought into dealer to document. Had other issues to resolve, opened case w/ Ford. Was talking w/ one of Elena Ford's direct reports who mentioned the TSB (this was right at release). Called dealer 12/7/22, gave him TSB number. Ordered parts, dropped off Bronco 12/13/22. They found other issues (output shaft related), other parts were needed and due to open case...parts were expediated. 3/1/23 picked up Bronco (again, host of other issues besides TSB). Added almost 200miles to OD, do not hear any noise.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took delivery 9/22, noticed noise ~200miles...brought into dealer to document. Had other issues to resolve, opened case w/ Ford. Was talking w/ one of Elena Ford's direct reports who mentioned the TSB (this was right at release). Called dealer 12/7/22, gave him TSB number. Ordered parts, dropped off Bronco 12/13/22. They found other issues (output shaft related), other parts were needed and due to open case...parts were expediated. 3/1/23 picked up Bronco (again, host of other issues besides TSB). Added almost 200miles to OD, do not hear any noise.
I don't have a lot of faith for these things being on the road for long haul. So many MAJOR issues off the line.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have a lot of faith for these things being on the road for long haul. So many MAJOR issues off the line.
Hard to say. Hopefully they aren't the rx8 of this car generation lol. Surprisingly there are a lot of high mileage examples on Autotrader. The highest being 131,000 and another with 101,000. The highest stick shift was in the 60k range.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands