Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw this picture today in the Bronco group on FB. I wonder if Ford considers this normal too.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 1679595300513
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this picture today in the Bronco group on FB. I wonder if Ford considers this normal too.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 1679595300513
Wow! Must of waxed it (sarcasm). It's really sad as the carbonized grey color and finish is actually quite nice before the cracking and bubbling.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, it’s complete and total trash. The Jeep hard top is 100X nicer than the Bronco one. We waited 2+ years for a vin (that we finally got 3 weeks ago) but we already moved on to a Jeep Wrangler. The hardtop was the one thing that really made me nervous about owning a Bronco. Ford needs to trash this 💩 design and do whatever Jeep is doing.
I think Ford and Jeep use the same hardtop supplier Webasto. Seems they tried to reinvent the wheel probably to drastically cut cost and it's backfired badly.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford and Jeep use the same hardtop supplier Webasto. Seems they tried to reinvent the wheel probably to drastically cut cost and it's backfired badly.
Yeah, I do believe it’s Webasto. Agreed on the rest, it’s a bad look to have a top people aren’t sure they can trust to last.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1679595300513.png
Nope, if I recall, their response to that was that it was some sort of chemical reaction and not their fault, therefore not covered. Owner posted on this forum as well I believe not too long ago.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, if I recall, their response to that was that it was some sort of chemical reaction and not their fault, therefore not covered. Owner posted on this forum as well I believe not too long ago.
Here's my running list of prohibited combinations gleaned from stories in this forum:
O2 + MIC
H20 + MIC
Wax + MIC
Cold + MIC
Warm + MIC

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Soft Top has not developed one single crack. Not one. Thank you.
Hows the side back window sag ;), JK, hopefully you got one of the better soft tops 🍻

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah as others have said... find another dealer and/or get on Ford directly... Alternative is wait for the class action suit or recall.... I'd be shocked if one of the two doesn't happen.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hows the side back window sag ;), JK, hopefully you got one of the better soft tops 🍻
It's about the same as most - not good - but I so don't care. Drop top is where it's at. Thx for making the decision for me, WeBastardCo.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is true hairline cracks in fiberglass/composite panels and common and considered normal. I was into speed boats for many years, and there is always hairline cracks that develop. I also remember cracks in my pickup cap around the rear window. That said these look like they might be cause for concern, but we have to be mindful no composite top is going to have the same fit & finish as a fixed roof. Jeep is no exception. Last time I was in a Jeep on a dirt road, the thing rattled like crazy. Granted it was an older one.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This meme is going to far less funny when I get my forever bronco with hard top next month

02C76B0E-17D7-4CC1-B312-E7A2EDF4CE53.jpeg

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is 100% correct. Not an issue of an inexperienced supplier but poor cost-cutting decisions on the part of the OE.
Sponsored