Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So would YOU call that basically the same suspension, because that's Ford definition. Today they said, again, that they are basically the same.

IF the squatch has a higher spring rate AND a longer shock, why the need for a top plate spacer? I would assume a top plate spacer, but I would certainly have to ask as a spacer on the shock would be what?
If I were a Ford engineer I may be able to answer that but alas I can only tell you what I was told. For all we know 'basically the same' could just mean the same brands and that you get position-sensitive in both, who knows. My impression from his explanation was that they really had to work for the clearance to fit 35s because he related all of his answers back to the that particular issue.
Sponsored

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you by any chance get a picture of the four door concept vehicle’s rear hinge? It’d be interesting to note how it’s holding up with that extra weight? Saw what looked like paint cracking on concept vehicles.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really wanted a steel bumper, but I NEED fog lights.
Now that really sucks. I want fog light :(
Why not just add aftermarket fog lights? I'm sure I will, since I've added aftermarket lighting to almost every vehicle I've owned.

OEM fog lights are typically poor designs and ineffective; if you truly need a fog light for the way you use the vehicle, then you'll be much better served by aftermarket lights anyway.

I am certain that there will be Bronco specific installation kits that will come up in the aftermarket, so I wouldn't let that affect how I'd choose other options...
Baja Designs already makes kits for multiple Fords.

Their Squadron Pros are awesome on my FiST. Although, the nice part is they're pigtailed to be plug and play, and the use of the factory switch is nice.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Their Squadron Pros are awesome on my FiST. Although, the nice part is they're pigtailed to be plug and play, and the use of the factory switch is nice.
To that end, I'm looking at using their kit to replace the OEM fogs on my F150. Same basic advantages as your Fiesta's kit. Aesthetically, its much more integrated looking than Rigid's version...

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the op stated the the 37 setup had different system regarding the lift vs SQ lift.
That's correct- The Rep said " 37" is a different setup compared to Sasquatch " . That was in the context of a discussion on differences between BL-Sasquatch- 37" 's .

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To that end, I'm looking at using their kit to replace the OEM fogs on my F150. Same basic advantages as your Fiesta's kit. Aesthetically, its much more integrated looking than Rigid's version...
I can vouch for the quality. Mine have been solid for over a year and half, and I use them day and night on my commuter. They make great DRL substitutes.

As a word of caution if you're worried about brightness maybe skip the pros. I don't get flack from oncoming traffic for mine because they're low and well aimed. But they're bright AF.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can vouch for the quality. Mine have been solid for over a year and half, and I use them day and night on my commuter. They make great DRL substitutes.

As a word of caution if you're worried about brightness maybe skip the pros. I don't get flack from oncoming traffic for mine because they're low and well aimed. But they're bright AF.
Well, proper aiming and appropriate use are always the key, though often overlooked. As far as too bright goes, well, can you ever have too much light? As a long time night time road rally competitor, I'd say no. This how the truck in question is already set up:

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here WP_20200910_17_53_40_Pro

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you go down there , its your duty to bring up white tops. If they say "no" say "why? you guys showed them off and they look great! everyone wants them!"
I stood right beside the Ford guy when he was asked about white tops. He said nothing in the works at the moment..

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, proper aiming and appropriate use are always the key, though often overlooked. As far as too bright goes, well, can you ever have too much light? As a long time night time road rally competitor, I'd say no. This how the truck in question is already set up:

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here WP_20200910_17_53_40_Pro
Touche

Go with the pros for sure then.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took some measurements, asked some questions, and made some observations at Super cel East today.

measurements were made from ground up to points on the badlands 2 dr with 33’s.
17” to bottom of rock rail
25” to floor
51” to hood eyelets
76” to top of roof rails
79” to top of roof rack cross rails that support roof rack

questions
Can I get a white roof
Answer: only if you get a white bronco.
ford rep went on to explain that there is a rumor out there where a white roof can be had with cactus gray body. This is not true per Ford rep.

he added that will be new info coming out soon, but he didn’t know what it is.

observations:
Gray MIC roof looks ok in person on the 4 dr Area 51 overlander. The gray roof has a metal flake look to it that goes good with A51.

gray grill looks good on the otherwise all black 2 door

33” tires look good on 2 dr badlands

35” tires look too stuffed in the wheelwells

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here 0310CD9C-B08A-47E9-8CEE-71C9B03336C0

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here F88C5FE9-6143-411D-AA4E-2B68A5D97135

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here C7F3A0C0-4CE7-4546-BB68-04B017CC8E6B

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here 040908AF-F59F-4A9D-B999-416EEF04AD6F

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here D657C8B7-4A42-42D7-97C6-D83A4FE28A9B

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here 4E804E8C-D8C7-4996-BBDF-197DD23AD101

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here BA6683E1-9354-4A95-A6DB-865992EC4EC4

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here F04385FA-E398-4A70-BC15-F8D021551339

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don't want to use an aux switch for fog lights, so I will go after market, I guess. I hope they make a bumper like my son has on his TJ which are just simple tube bumpers with a brush guard. The rear bumper saved his Jeep when someone rear ended him.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Asked about start/stop with manual trans and how that works when you stop

Uhh,i dont know
I understand why they don’t let engineers out in public, but it’s like the marketing guys didn’t even try to have a meeting with them to get any real information.

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took some measurements, asked some questions, and made some observations at Super cel East today.

measurements were made from ground up to points on the badlands 2 dr with 33’s.
17” to bottom of rock rail
25” to floor
51” to hood eyelets
76” to top of roof rails
79” to top of roof rack cross rails that support roof rack

questions
Can I get a white roof
Answer: only if you get a white bronco.
ford rep went on to explain that there is a rumor out there where a white roof can be had with cactus gray body. This is not true per Ford rep.

he added that will be new info coming out soon, but he didn’t know what it is.

observations:
Gray MIC roof looks ok in person on the 4 dr Area 51 overlander. The gray roof has a metal flake look to it that goes good with A51.

gray grill looks good on the otherwise all black 2 door

33” tires look good on 2 dr badlands

35” tires look too stuffed in the wheelwells

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here F04385FA-E398-4A70-BC15-F8D021551339

79” to top of roof rack cross rails that support roof rack -- can you clarify the point you measured to on this one? Is that the top of the Yakima lock n load rack? Thanks!

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its actually pretty simple when you consider the scale of what automakers do. On the surface, it seems like having a common wiring harness would easier all around - simpler supply logistics, fewer part numbers, less chance for assembly error.

BUT, it all comes back to cost. Let's say the fog lamp function adds $0.50 to the switch assembly cost, and the wiring adds $1.50 to the forward harness, not to speak of the cost of the relay and fuse also that has to be used which are probably pennies. So, that's $2.00 per vehicle extra. If 50,000 Broncos ship a year with the steel bumper, that would be $100,000 spent in unnecessary materials. Spread that over 5 model years, that little bit of extra wiring costs Ford an extra 1/2 million dollars. That's real money right there. Do that sort of thing throughout a vehicle's systems, and it really adds up. So they trim off what isn't needed.

Having the extra part number for the different harness isn't really a big deal, they're already dealing with a crap load of part numbers; one more won't change how they do things. I mean, they have how many grill variants? Clearly they aren't worried about part number count. And they're already operating on the scale that tooling changes needed to do are negligible compared to the money saved.

All that means that is a lot more incentive for them to remove the unnecessary parts then there is to keep them. That's how it goes for a lot of the content decisions made. It doesn't mean that its always the case, but it certainly the common practice now.
I think I can say this now since my brother no longer works for Ford.

When he was at Ford he was tasked with wiring changes. When they say “they aren’t built like they used to” it’s 100% accurate. Wire gauge is a big cost cutter. A wire not directly in the engine bay or high rub area can have a thinner case or less heat resistance properties. This might save 0.005 cents, but like you said, over a 5 year model life and 100’s of thousands of vehicles a month or year, it pays off.

He was actually tasked with investigating flat wire wiring harnesses. Running wires only east/west to the frame rails and north/south from there has a lot of unnecessary length resulting in added costs. Flat wire packs are more expensive, but if you can cut the distance by going under the carpeted floor you might be able to save money long term.

So long story short, I’m just reiterating what you were saying. It’s incredible how much they’ll spend to save a few pennies because those few pennies can add up to significant cost savings.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand why they don’t let engineers out in public, but it’s like the marketing guys didn’t even try to have a meeting with them to get any real information.
My take on it was they were answering softball questions from tire kickers

Real questions they had no clue or they said someone else knew but that someone else never appeared
Sponsored