Sponsored

The Fender Situation....

Deleted member 3063

No different than scraping/washing piles of mud off the top of a flat flared bronco. Those things will be mud magnets because nothing can drip off, it will just sit on top. Each have their own problems.
Mud on the flares, you'd most likely have it on the hood, bed cover as well, once in awhile. I've had the flat top fender jeeps as well with no mud on top except when a buddy roosted me. I'll take the flares on my 2021 Bronco 2.7L
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedBronco

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"but but....the Bronco is only for tight trails and not desert running, that's why it doesn't have wider fenders". "no one wants wider fenders, they instantly get destroyed when you go off-road"

Love all the hate on wide fenders when the off-road version of the vehicle the Bronco is based on even has them.

Ford Bronco The Fender Situation.... raptorranger

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"but but....the Bronco is only for tight trails and not desert running, that's why it doesn't have wider fenders". "no one wants wider fenders, they instantly get destroyed when you go off-road"

Love all the hate on wide fenders when the off-road version of the vehicle the Bronco is based on even has them.

Ford Bronco The Fender Situation.... raptorranger
Watch out, the rock crawler bros are gonna come in to tell you that “that’s because the raptors are meant for desert racing, which isn’t what a Bronco was made to do” even though the most famous Bronco aside from OJ’s was a Desert racing Bronco ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There isn’t a racing fame equivalent for rock-crawling or driving through wooded rocky trails to your favorite camping, hunting or fishing spot.

Looking on Quadratec, there are almost 100 choices for aftermarket fenders for the Wrangler JK. There surely will be plenty of choices for all tastes on the Bronco.

If the rumors of Raptor-like desert runners AND Rubicon-like rock monsters are true, there may even be a wide fender model in addition to the EB throw-back w/ flare models.

It’ll be alright in the long run.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn’t a racing fame equivalent for rock-crawling or driving through wooded rocky trails to your favorite camping, hunting or fishing spot.

Looking on Quadratec, there are choices for aftermarket fenders for the Wrangler JK. There surely will be plenty of choices for all tastes on the Bronco.

If the rumors of Raptor-like desert runners AND Rubicon-like rock monsters are true, there may even be a wide fender model in addition to the EB throw-back w/ flare models.

It’ll be alright in the long run.
This genuinely makes me wonder what the real world usage breakdown will look like. 90% will be grocery getters but I wonder what percentage of the off-roaders will be tackling rock crawling vs bump dirt roads to favorite camping/hunting/fishing spots

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This genuinely makes me wonder what the real world usage breakdown will look like. 90% will be grocery getters but I wonder what percentage of the off-roaders will be tackling rock crawling vs bump dirt roads to favorite camping/hunting/fishing spots
Well i just need it to get up and down my driveway. Its about 150ft long with a 40ft elevation change and a 135 degree turn at the bottom of the steepest part. Its cut into a hillside with a 3-4 ft bank on the inside of the turn with a bunch of roots constantly reaching out into my body work. Only 2wds with a traction aid can make it up it with usually alot of wheelspin spitting rocks and dirt. My 96 Bronco cand do it in 2wd without wheelspin but its got a LSD and a fat a$$ with weight on the rear tires. But its body does get scratched.
If this new bronco has tires that stick out way past any metal. And has a plastic flair that keeps any spitting rocks off the paint then It will look great for years to come.
Also if it comes with a minimal design it wont hold as much salt(in hawaii we get it year round in the wind) between the plastic and the metal keeping it from rusting out behind flares like on my amc eagle.

The current flares are exaclty what I need, which i think is what Ford is doing giving us what we need rather than what we think we want it look like.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The vehicle it is "based on" was built 50+ years ago. It will have virtually nothing in common with the trucks in that pic other than being a midsize body on frame Ford vehicle (ie "T6" architecture).

What you're implying is the equivalent of saying the Sport is based on the Corsair.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The vehicle it is "based on" was built 50+ years ago. It will have virtually nothing in common with the trucks in that pic other than being a midsize body on frame Ford vehicle (ie "T6" architecture).

What you're implying is the equivalent of saying the Sport is based on the Corsair.
You sir, are on thin ice.

Leave the Corvair out of this.

OP
OP
BoostedBronco

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

It seems you're implying that, if you're saying the Sport is based on a vehicle 50+ years old and that's what you feel the Bronco is based on.

The image I posted is meant to show that a mid-sized vehicle can have wider fenders and there is no real detriment to the off-road ability.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like the way it looks, I don't like the way the race version looks

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes. The fender flares that we have seen so far are horrible. I hope there is an option for no flares at all or some different flares.
It will come with fender flares for the tire size purchased. You will be able to take them off.

The ones we have seen are kind of simple and underwhelming. The aftermarket will recognize this (probably are salivating at the opportunity already) and offer cooler easy to install choices.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
The aftermarket will recognize this (probably are salivating at the opportunity already) and offer cooler easy to install choices.
After market parts never look as good as factory.
But the MB G-wagon have straight/flat fender flares somehow like the new Bronco and it looks great on it, so I dont know if it's really so bad after all. Need more and better pictures to judge.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got to spend a bunch of time around one of these suckers a while back. Imagine having to replace these flares. Bare carbon fiber.

Ford Bronco The Fender Situation.... 2014-mercedes-benz-g63-6x6-front-three-quarter

Never in my whole life have I needed an enormous truck as much as the first time I saw the G63 6x6 in person.
Sponsored