Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It isn't a debate about the purpose of the vehicle. But rather the minimum standard features that are expected when paying $50K.
Off road capability on par with the JKUR:

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/specs.html

If you’re looking for luxury look at other vehicles...

Edit: the correct question is: What are the off road capabilities the “high tech Lux SUVs” are missing that the Bronco has?
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't a debate about the purpose of the vehicle. But rather the minimum standard features that are expected when paying $50K.
I don't understand this line of thought. Just because it could cost $50k doesn't mean the Bronco is a luxury SUV. There are plenty of vechicles that cost the same or more because of their capability.

Just to start... you can price a Wrangler in the same range as a Bronco. Is Wrangler a luxury SUV? Or is that money going into the offroad features?

What about a Mustang? You can price one at 50, 60, 70, 80 thousand dollars but that cost is for a huge engine, sport suspension, brakes... not for power adjustable seats.

And trucks... an F-650 can start over $60k and it has NOTHING luxury. It's a pure work truck.

The cost alone does not mean a car is a luxury car.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My answer to your question would be dependent on what specifically is this Christmas argument... and which side of it you are trying to win. And depending on what vehicles you are arguing about that have all these "missing" lux items, you must also ask what features does the Bronco have that would be missing from those other vehicles.

Plus... my perspective on what constitutes luxury and high tech might be a bit different than yours. Six of the ten cars at our house are from the 1970s, my "luxury" daily driver is 22 years old, and my Bronco will be replacing a '95 Dakota I recently sold that had a tape deck, split manual bench seat, and crank windows. ?
10 cars?

AT YOUR HOUSE?
??????????

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off road capability on par with the JKUR:

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/specs.html

If you’re looking for luxury look at other vehicles...
Pointing out Wrangler's pricing when they haven't had a legit competitor isn't proving a point what a customer's expectations are when spending $50K. Wrangler customers have only tolerated the pricing on the anemic amenities because there was no legitimate competitor. Ford has only priced the Bronco to match the Wrangler in the guise of competing. When FCA is forced to offer more amenities or reduce their pricing on the Wrangler line-up, then the "competition" will respond in kind.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand this line of thought. Just because it could cost $50k doesn't mean the Bronco is a luxury SUV. There are plenty of vechicles that cost the same or more because of their capability.

Just to start... you can price a Wrangler in the same range as a Bronco. Is Wrangler a luxury SUV? Or is that money going into the offroad features?

What about a Mustang? You can price one at 50, 60, 70, 80 thousand dollars but that cost is for a huge engine, sport suspension, brakes... not for power adjustable seats.

And trucks... an F-650 can start over $60k and it has NOTHING luxury. It's a pure work truck.

The cost alone does not mean a car is a luxury car.
Amen!!!!!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

10 cars?

AT YOUR HOUSE?
??????????
Yes, my kid and my hubby have a car problem (and there's a pile of motorcycles, too). Mind you, at any given time at least 3 of those cars are up on jack stands.??

OldMP

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love a Heads Up Display.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HEADS UP DISLAY
I have a 2019 Audi Q5 Prestige model. It has most all of the Audi high tech stuff. Some of it I like and some it never use. I’ll find my own parking place and park it myself, thank you. The one thing I did not think about when I bought it was the “Heads Up Display.” Now that I have been driving it for over a year, I really like it. It annoying it have to look down to see have fast I am going and what the last speed limit said. It has mild off road capabilities and a very nice ride. It will cost about the same as the Bronco that I intent to buy. So, I would like to have the “Heads Up Display.” BTW, “Heads Up Display” does not work with polarized sunglasses.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind not having ALL the "Bells & Whistles" as long as the price of the vehicle reflects that which is NOT the case with the 6G Bronco. I guess Ford took this cue from Toyota. "Deliver less, charge more".
LMAO! Good point! They are trying to beat both Jeep and Toyota at their respective games, aren't they?

I've watched this happen with the Subarus .... when they COMPLETELY re-new a vehicle, the amenities are lacking for awhile. Once it gets a good refresh a few years down the road, they catch up with the rest of the competition. My guess is they sink so much into engineering they have to cut somewhere to keep it profitable.
Example:
2010 - Legacy/Outbacks - all new, really short on the "extras" , top of the line models didn't have memory seats, etc etc - but they sold VERY VERY well.
2015 - First big refresh - they pretty much have all the nice stuff all the competition has at that price point.
2020- Second refresh- They are a really nice, up to date vehicle. ALL the good stuff is in there, per various trim levels.
Price-wise, an absolute loaded out Outback Touring XT has NO option packages available BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY INCLUDED is $41k!!! There are accessories available to add on if you like.

Same with the 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium, $43k-ish , has far more stuff than some of these $50k builds.

This is why I balk at buying a $50k Bronco, optioned the way I want, but still doesn't have heated seats. (Manual trans)
Once Ford /Jeep/Toyota start going at it, the option packages will start including more stuff. They never lower prices, but they start including more "stuff".
Ironically, the trim levels Ford designs to drive us up the range, are actually pushing me down to Base.
I REALLY like the truck at that price point, but as I go up, it loses it's "Value" to me in a BIG hurry.
If I could get Manual Mid Black Diamond, I'd be there. But BB or BD without Mid is a foolish purchase, just get a Base Squatch for less money, better drive line....

About 2028, the trim/model/option packages will probably be very similar to F150.
Right now, you can very easily build out a $45 or $50k Bronco that does NOT have heated seats.
That's crazy.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of people on here who want a Lexus that looks like a Bronco on the outside. That’s not even close to what this is. It’s an open air tough ass 4x4 meant to compete primarily with one vehicle: Jeep Wrangler. It offers more than wrangler does at a very similar cost, and Jeep prices show that year after year that people will line up and pay the premium. So your $50k+ gets you just that...an open air 4x4 meant to go off road, and people are lining up for it in droves. Those who want to make it a Lexus or insist that it should have all that a Lexus has are barking up the wrong tree. Bronco and Wrangler will never be what you are looking for. Ever.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t read everything, but the only feature I’m not thrilled about is the lack of real rear AC vents. My kids are gonna be uncomfortable back there. Ventilated seats would be cool, but defeats the purpose of MGV and rubber floors.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For folks requesting power folding mirrors: Mirrors can’t fold inward. It will interfere with opening the door. Only option for power folding mirrors would be to have them rotate towards the front of the vehicle. That would be a first.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you’re looking for a luxury SUV that has more bells and whistles then you know where to start this isn’t it. I suggest looking elsewhere like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi.

Personally, I kind of like how the Bronco doesn’t have all of this extra techy stuff. Half of these vehicles have so many buttons and knobs on them now a days that you can’t even figure out how to start it. Well, where the heck does the key go? :mad:

Its not so much the tech stuff for me, its some of the things that are standard on mid level cars in like the 20k range that my almost 46k vehicle won't have.

Like the fact my 46k OBX doesn't have power seats still blows my mind. Or that the rear ac vents are on the floor and not in the console is just odd to me.

And that there is no cold weather package is just shocking
Sponsored