Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to buy American and I refuse to buy from a company that took a bailout from the government. That leaves me with Ford. If I wasn't buying American, I'd buy Japanese. Ford makes the best pickup truck on the market. Period. So I'm fully confident buying a truck based SUV from them. Also, in my travels to Europe, the only American made vehicles I've seen are Fords (small exception for Jeeps in Italy, but really they are FIAT now so not surprising). The best selling small car in the UK is a Ford Fiesta, not a German, French, Italian, Japanese, or Korean vehicle. A FORD. I considered buy a jeep wrangler to have the open air, off road vehicle of my dreams, but I fundamentally hate chrystler products because they are pieces of shit. As soon as I knew what this Bronco was going to be, it was a no brainer for a purchase.
I agree of Fords maneuvering during the bail out (they did still take money, “just to be competitive”)
But watch Ford v Ferrari, or the Cars Thate Made America on the history channel and tell me your opinion after that.
And oh really? The fiesta? That sounds like a party! (GET IT???) and I read good reviews about how fun they are to drive in standard transmission.... OH WAIT! Ford just killed that just like they killed the Ranger just like they killed the BRONCO!
American Ford! We are Americans! They keep LIMITING our options!
Good gravy!
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know people on both sides of the age line you drew. Like everything, I have seen Ford only people and buy what you like people, from all ages.
I know, I know. But it’s the old folks that taught those young folks that ignorant nonsense 🤣 I’ll buy whatever manufacturer tickles my fancy, I don’t cwho makes it.

That's TEXAS, thank you very much.
Whoops!

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 of 2 of the ford I've owned was shit, the other I didn't keep long enough for it to become shit.

That being said I think ford quality has improved and it's far better than Stellantis

Edit: actually I've owned 3 fords, forgot about the 80s pickup I flipped in highschool.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure if the OP likes Ford or the Bronco or what is really going on in this thread.

I think the Bronco will be great, hence why I’m buying one. I’ve had 4 Ford that I daily drove over the years and I have been happy with all of them. I’ve generally preferred Ford over other manufacturers for their styling and the Bronco is no exception. It just needs to get here!

Sponsored

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My father's first car was a Model A Ford. He drove Fords all his life. He past his love for the brand to me and my brother. My first Ford was a 1966 F100 Ford truck that I bought from a saw mill operation. I replaced the bed, had it painted, and drove it trouble free for 14 years. I have happily been driving Ford vehicles for over 40 years. I have never had a bad Ford. All have exceeded 250,000 trouble free miles before being sold. The only bad vehicle I ever had was a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. It was constantly in need of repairs. I spent more on repairs than I paid for the Jeep! I bleed Ford blue! Can't wait to get my new Bronco. I am totally confident that it will exceed my expectations, just like all the other Fords I have owned. By the way, of the eight Fords that I have owned in my life, I have never experienced any type of transmission or major engine failure!

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outdated? The Tacoma is a 2016 design, the ranger is a 2011 design.

don’t get the highly competitive full size pick up wat confused with the overall auto market. Ford just killed practically all their cars. Focusing on trucks and SUVs (and crossovers which is the new norm I know), what can go wrong, oh I dunno a gas crisis? Then we are right back at the mid 2000s problems. And who will suffer? Blue collar Americans.
my point wasn’t to pit a specific model against another (especially since I love toyotas too. I would’ve picked on the 4runner, tundra, or sequoia if that was my goal). My point was more on high-level company philosophy.

Toyota won’t sell a product that hasn’t been rigorously tested and proven- their quality philosophy runs deep and their reputation depends on it. If the 4Runner doesn’t get an engine upgrade for a decade or is a few years late to the apple carplay party... who cares? It’s a fricken toyota and you can trust it all the way to 300k without a worry.
JLR on the other hand? They need to constantly bring new materials into the cabin, update the electronics, and update styling to keep their products desirable. The initial cost vs. resale value for each brand tells the whole story.

For the most part, I’ve felt that Ford has struck a good balance between timely updates/new technology and proven reliability. There are other respectable brands out there, but JLR, Toyota, Jeep/FCA/Stellantis (lol), and Ford seem the most relevant to this forum... and I’m tired of talking about wranglers.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have owned,
1967 Mustang coupe
1976 Pinto station wagon
1985 Bronco II
1990 Bronco
1993 Ranger
1997 ZX2
1998Expedition
2002 Explorer
2002 Mustang Gt
2004 F150
I currently own,
2004 Expedition
2009 Flex
2017 Mustang Convertible

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In the last 12 years I've driven two Mazda sedans. Neither has ever been into the shop for service other than tires/lube/brakes/etc.

One of the reasons I am getting a 2.3L non-sas base is the simplicity - I don't have much tolerance for issues.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
to hide behind the vague “brand loyalty doesn’t make sense” argument, and not acknowledge that Toyota is vastly superior to Ford, doesn’t make you a scientist... it makes you a flat earther. But hey! Ignorance is bliss!
Sorry bud, you're clearly triggered. My bad. Enjoy your poll.

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As foolish as it may sound, I’ve owned other makes and enjoyed them but ever since being a young child in the 60’s starting with the original Bronco, the first six/seven years of the mustang and the GT40s of LeMans , I bleed Ford Blue baby.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure if the OP likes Ford or the Bronco or what is really going on in this thread.

I think the Bronco will be great, hence why I’m buying one. I’ve had 4 Ford that I daily drove over the years and I have been happy with all of them. I’ve generally preferred Ford over other manufacturers for their styling and the Bronco is no exception. It just needs to get here!
i absolutely loved an Explorer Limited I had and it practically was junk by 150k.

ive owned three wranglers and the bronco is something different and I’m buying one.

fingers crossed that it will last 200k plus on the original engine and tranny, and not corrode.

it will be kept in a heated garage, but driven on salty New England roads.

we’ll see

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My father's first car was a Model A Ford. He drove Fords all his life. He past his love for the brand to me and my brother. My first Ford was a 1966 F100 Ford truck that I bought from a saw mill operation. I replaced the bed, had it painted, and drove it trouble free for 14 years. I have happily been driving Ford vehicles for over 40 years. I have never had a bad Ford. All have exceeded 250,000 trouble free miles before being sold. The only bad vehicle I ever had was a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. It was constantly in need of repairs. I spent more on repairs than I paid for the Jeep! I bleed Ford blue! Can't wait to get my new Bronco. I am totally confident that it will exceed my expectations, just like all the other Fords I have owned. By the way, of the eight Fords that I have owned in my life, I have never experienced any type of transmission or major engine failure!
I had a 2000 wrangler too. The drive shaft let go on 495, hit the pavement which burst the transfer case and the whole motion yanked on the exhaust which ruined the manifold back.
I had just had it at a Jeep dealer who told me it needed a serpentine belt at 55k.
Now I’m assuming the noise he heard was coming from the drive shaft?
Flukey thing but that’s when I went Japanese.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco