Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man... my dealer convinced me to change my order from a MOD top to a MIC top because there was no way I'd get it in 21, so I changed to a MIC. If I would have not listened to him, even though he was right, and stayed with the MOD and now switched to a MIC I would receive $1,000 in Ford Pass credits. Feels like I'm being punished for not being greedy.
Um, don't you get your Bronco sooner now? That's why they are compensating the other people.

Klynch24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing i am unsure of, if we decide to wait for MY22 bc we don’t want to switch to a MIC top....do we have to contact iur dealer? Or just do nothing?

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, an actual apology from Ford as opposed to the usual “delays delays, Corona Corona, suck it up everybody”. It’s slightly refreshing to get the $495 layer of glued on felt for free I guess. Better than vouchers for something I sure won’t drag myself hundreds of miles to or some nonsense points toward maintenance plans. We get it Ford, everybody wants what you have to sell (especially me). But please act like you care that we could buy something else.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From the email:

• Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
Does color change (like say to green) constitute an equivalent Bronco? Does making a change when ordering a MY22 result in new pricing altogether? Discuss.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on everything we know currently and about past Ford ordering, VINs are assigned when the vehicle is “scheduled” which is only like 2 weeks before the parts starting to go together.

A VIN is only assigned when they have all the parts for that vehicle on hand. You’re not going to get a VIN assigned and then it turns out they don’t have the parts.

So just for timing and scheduling, MY22 ordering will have to start before MY22 production starts (in Dec).

So you’ll know at that time whether your Bronco will be built in the next few weeks. If not, the VIN wont have been assigned, and you’ll be free and expected to modify your order for the MY22 options.

If your VIN is assigned that build is locked in because whatever is on that build sheet, is what they have the parts for, is what is recorded under that VIN, and is what they will be building the following week or so.

Model Year production will change over all at once in December. There will be some MY21 Broncos built right before the change over which will end up being delivered into January... which is just how long that step takes... but it’s not like they’ll be building MY22s, and then yours will come along the line and they’ll build it as a MY21. It’s one MY at a time.
Hopefully we get some clarity in May when we can expect our Bronco. If I find out I'm not getting my 2021 until January of 2022 I'd rather hold off for a 2022 and wait a couple months longer. Unless holding off for a 2022 means I wouldn't get it until the end of 2022. That would suck. But by the Spring March to May I'd be good with.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one that isn't accepting of a Covid excuse any more? As someone that went through the transition in a company, it happened in days not months. If I see that word in an email I just get pissed off. Venting over. Woosha, woosha
Why would it not make sense? So many other established industries have been hit, of course a new line of vehicles, with new parts and potentially new suppliers, would be hit be labor, logistics, resource scarcity etc.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 6:45 am 7/14 order. Have 2.7, 2 door, and SAS. But hoping since in the first 12 hours I will be good and gettting this thing by end of summer. vroom is picking up my f150 tomorrow so need no more delays!!
Mine is almost the same- configuration and date, my time is 30 minutes later. I wonder if there is a break down by hour how many orders were received in the first 12 hours. And whether we will be 2021 or 2022 model years. And then it depends on dealer allocation from what I understand as well. My dealer had over 300 reservations.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can blame delays on COVID, outsourcing, or the position of the planet in relation to the universe. What I do know without reservation is, when at the dealership, I knew more about the Bronco then our salesman. After talking to him, HE acquired more info about the vehicle then I did from him. This tells me, no effort by Ford has been made to prepare the dealerships for the vehicle. No confidence in sitting down to place an order with a salesman who is learning about the packages, and options as the order is constructed. No reason they are just getting demos to dealerships AFTER the initial order conversion date. My salesman isn’t a newbie. I have ordered and purchased several Ford vehicles through him.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can blame delays on COVID, outsourcing, or the position of the planet in relation to the universe. What I do know without reservation is, when at the dealership, I knew more about the Bronco then our salesman. After talking to him, HE acquired more info about the vehicle then I did from him. This tells me, no effort by Ford has been made to prepare the dealerships for the vehicle. No confidence in sitting down to place an order with a salesman who is learning about the packages, and options as the order is constructed. No reason they are just getting demos to dealerships AFTER the initial order conversion date. My salesman isn’t a newbie. I have ordered and purchased several Ford vehicles through him.
I think you overestimate the value of a "salesperson" in this process. Ford is going to sell over 100k of these with almost no value added from the dealership. The dealership/salesperson is more of a hindrance than a help in this process. If allowed, I could order everything I need and not have to make multiple trips to the dealership.

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you overestimate the value of a "salesperson" in this process. Ford is going to sell over 100k of these with almost no value added from the dealership. The dealership/salesperson is more of a hindrance than a help in this process. If allowed, I could order everything I need and not have to make multiple trips to the dealership.
yep - they are going to sell a whole bunch of these regardless of how we are treated. However, Ford has an opportunity to build a long and prosperous brand based on the marketing excitement they generated. But what they have now is a ticking time bomb because they have turned our excitement into concern, and frustration. You can almost smell a failed launch here and a whole lot of people that are going to swear off Ford after the novelty of the new Bronco begins to fade. 10 for marketing 2 for supply chain execution.

Sexy beast BnJ Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have confirmation that I will be getting a MY21 (expected delivery Aug2021). I ordered a BD sasquatch Mid package with dual tops. If I read the email correctly, I should be getting my Bronco in August with a hard top, receive the soft top eventually, and get 200k reward points. Did I disseminate the email correctly?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yep - they are going to sell a whole bunch of these regardless of how we are treated. However, Ford has an opportunity to build a long and prosperous brand based on the marketing excitement they generated. But what they have now is a ticking time bomb because they have turned our excitement into concern, and frustration. You can almost smell a failed launch here and a whole lot of people that are going to swear off Ford after the novelty of the new Bronco begins to fade. 10 for marketing 2 for supply chain execution.
I 100% disagree with you. First, there is no ticking time bomb. There is zero evidence for that except for doomsday folks on the forum. The notion that it is a ticking time bomb because a top option is not longer available is just ridiculous. In addition, I really think you are a) drastically over inflating the issues. B) over estimating the number of people who will be so disappointed that they will shun Ford. C) overstating the vocal minority who bitch about how green cactus grey is (and other such nonsense).

No vehicle is perfect and all vehicles have some sort of launch hiccup. There is no reason they should cater to the unreasonable expectations of a vocal minority, who will find a way to complain about what color highlights they get on grab bars and how flat the cargo area is when the seats are folded down.

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I 100% disagree with you. First, there is no ticking time bomb. There is zero evidence for that except for doomsday folks on the forum. The notion that it is a ticking time bomb because a top option is not longer available is just ridiculous. In addition, I really think you are a) drastically over inflating the issues. B) over estimating the number of people who will be so disappointed that they will shun Ford. C) overstating the vocal minority who bitch about how green cactus grey is (and other such nonsense).

No vehicle is perfect and all vehicles have some sort of launch hiccup. There is no reason they should cater to the unreasonable expectations of a vocal minority, who will find a way to complain about what color highlights they get on grab bars and how flat the cargo area is when the seats are folded down.
You are delusional. I have been following this car since it was a concept. Held off from replacing my car because I was very excited for this product. I'm not complaining about colors or seat configuration, I'm complaining about YEARS of delays and missed targets. I'm complaining about being jerked off with dates that never hold. Empty commitments. I represent a rational customer who has had enough. And I am only hoping that this car is not the cluster f it appears it could be. If you think I am a small minority, well then go back to your hole and turn the lights off. Everything will be fine.
Sponsored