Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked OBX on launch day and have stuck with it. It’s without a doubt the best bang for your buck. At least for the $1,000 under invoice deal I’m getting.

-2.7L
-Lux
-Leather
-Rear locker
-4 Auto drivetrain

…all for $47.5k. You can’t beat that. Those same options on a Badlands is well over $50k. Now actually getting it delivered is a different story. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't hate the OB. I mostly question what you are actually getting for an extra $10,500 over a Base.

18" rims, but still has crappy P-rated tires.
Heated Seats (Nice if you live where is snows I guess - call me when I can get butt coolers)
Body colored fenders, door handles, and mirrors.
Mid Package

You get a much better color selection though.

For me, the value for money seems... lacking somehow.

I'd rather buy a Base and upgrade just what I want, or get the Badlands with all the goodies.

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't hate the OB. I mostly question what you are actually getting for an extra $10,500 over a Base.

Heated Seats (Nice if you live where is snows I guess - call me when I can get butt coolers)
Mid Package

I'd rather buy a Base and upgrade just what I want, or get the Badlands with all the goodies.
Guess that's why they made so many models because everyone can have an opinion.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not quite sure. But the black on roast interior OBX running around at the road shows looks stellar. I stepped down from a loaded wildtrak to an OBX and built it back up to a wildtrak.

i took a step back and said forget the budget. It’s a long wait. What is the most beautiful bronco money could buy. Forget resale, just go for it.

I landed at an OBX Sasquatch AMB on roast w lux. Silver dash. Proper grille. Nicer interior. Matching mirrors and handles but unpainted sas flares to match the top. Silver accents on the wheels. To me, it’s the holy grail - sas stance exterior on OBX interior, coupled with midnight blue on roast. No other combination of trim or colors holds a candle to this build. I wouldn’t swap with an FE if I could....But of course I’m incredibly partial. lol.

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ya know....I did not consider it at all. But I really like the cloth seats especially the blue. I think the name suits it well. It’s a little fancy, but still fun and adventurous like the Outer Banks is.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

people hate the OBX because some people just need to hate on something or be pissed off at something. IE: no v8's, 2dr vs 4dr, no green paint. they just can't let other people have their own opinion and let it be at that. or they can never be satisfied with what is offered.

Mid Package

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my sister paid attention, Im sure she'd of gotten an OBX

instead, shes gonna get herself a CX5 most likely once her current lease is up in 2 months

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

17 pages worth tho?! Lol

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? justin-timberlake-stare

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started w/ OBX myself- I candidly fell in love with that damn seductive 12" screen (i.e., I needed the High Pkg) and can't bring myself to leave her sweet, sweet looks. And after adding that, the 2.7, and getting 'squatched, I came to the rather simple conclusion that it's nearly the same price as the WT. For a few hundred more I can get Baja mode! The cloth seats I am going with, regardless of trim, I was planning on getting covers down the road anyhow, so the sandstone didn't make me flinch.

At the end of the day, it's your money, your preference, and dammit you have the right to do what you want. Cheers!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess that's why they made so many models because everyone can have an opinion.
Honestly I wish they had just done three (Base, Black Diamond, and Badlands) and simply allowed a bit more flexibility on upgrades and packages. Keep the Wildtrack as a "Special Edition" like a Boss Mustang.

Sponsored

FrankieBoy11

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I liked OBX, just my personal opinion that the color matched flares and handles don’t look great in many colors. We all have different preferences and perspectives! You do you ?
Once you get the Sasquatch package you have the black fenders. As for the painted handles the Wild Trak and First Edition also have them and no one is bashing them lol Outside of those two things whats to bash on the OB? ITs the same truck that with an option or two is basicallly the Badlands with a nicer grill. lol

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you get the Sasquatch package you have the black fenders. As for the painted handles the Wild Trak and First Edition also have them and no one is bashing them lol Outside of those two things whats to bash on the OB? ITs the same truck that with an option or two is basicallly the Badlands with a nicer grill. lol
I do think it’s kind of weird to buy a SQ OBX, because you loose the most unique feature (painted flares) but I am sure it’s an option availability thing, interior choice?

FrankieBoy11

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't hate the OBX per se, I just hate the 18s and the painted Flares on the stock model. Squatch it, and it becomes a damned fine looking beast. That's just me though, and I'm certainly not going to denigrate anyone who likes and is buying a stock OBX.
BINGO! Who cares about painted color fenders if youre gonna have the Sasquatch and itll have the black fenders anyway? An OB with Sasquatch, in my opinion, is the best looking trim on the Bronco.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally was on the OBX side due to the painted items. My 11 year old FX4 non-painted surfaces look tired and just give it an old look now. Switched to Wildtrak just because of the cost difference when adding squatch was better to go to Wildtrak. Look forward to seeing you at some Bronco meet-ups in Tampa!
Sponsored