Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From Raybestos site:

"The 10R60 transmission is a ten speed automatic transmission that was developed by the Ford Motor Company. The 10R60 first appeared in the 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator. The 10R60 transmission also looks to be featured in upcoming Bronco, Ranger, and Mustang releases. Raybestos Powertrain is currently developing upgraded GPZ friction clutch plates and steel clutch plates for the 10R60 transmission."
Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe because of the low tow weight abilities, they put the weaker (only word I can think of) transmission in the Bronco than the Ranger.

Still, I'm glad I'm getting a Getrag 7 speed. Every salesman tries to talk me into an automatic and how good they are, how they are quicker, get better mileage, blah. I always go back to how reliable are they when I keep my vehicles 250,000 on average? And get a stick.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Care to enlighten me?
Livernois and 5 Star are making well over 500lf/lbs at the wheels with their Explorer ST tunes ... I don't know about you but 150ft/lbs and 100hp increase at the tires is plenty for a trail truck. I'm not concerned that it's near it's threshold if well established tuners are making that much torque with their off the shelf tunes.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Livernois and 5 Star are making well over 500lf/lbs at the wheels with their Explorer ST tunes ... I don't know about you but 150ft/lbs and 100hp increase at the tires is plenty for a trail truck. I'm not concerned that it's near it's threshold if well established tuners are making that much torque with their off the shelf tunes.
Sure, and I bet it will be fine, but Ford has a performance pack coming out for the 2.7 that I assume will exceed 442 ft lbs so I'm surprised they'd violate their own rating. Then again, Ford has done plenty of surprising things with the Bronco so I'll stop with my logic now 😄

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe because of the low tow weight abilities, they put the weaker (only word I can think of) transmission in the Bronco than the Ranger.

Still, I'm glad I'm getting a Getrag 7 speed. Every salesman tries to talk me into an automatic and how good they are, how they are quicker, get better mileage, blah. I always go back to how reliable are they when I keep my vehicles 250,000 on average? And get a stick.
Too bad the 7 speed is rated for even less torque. 🤣

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, and I bet it will be fine, but Ford has a performance pack coming out for the 2.7 that I assume will exceed 442 ft lbs so I'm surprised they'd violate their own rating. Then again, Ford has done plenty of surprising things with the Bronco so I'll stop with my logic now 😄

Where is this 442ft/lb document?

The 10r80 goes in the ZL1 Camaro making 650ft/lbs ... I really think you're crying over speculation at this point 😉

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a way around this for all but the FE crowd out there, if you'll nut up (proverbially for the ladies of course) for it.

Of course us three-pedal folks are also waiting for the news that we're being screwed over too. To quote Chris Rock; "that train is never late".
3 Pedal folk end up with a Chinese built trans, that was the turd in the pie that ended that desire for me.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The transmission name breaks down the “document”

10R60 = 600 Nm / 442 foot pounds
10R80 = 800 Nm / 590 foot pounds

The Camaro ZL1 has a 10L90 = 900 Nm / 663 foot pounds
I stand corrected, BUT y'all still crying over spilt milk. 🤣 I guess that's what forums are for though, right?

10 years absent from car forums, same whiners complaining off speculation 🤣

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something folks, especially newbs, need to remember no matter which auto trans we get: When in rough off road situations do not hesitate to use low range. Nothing is harder on an auto than running the transfer case in high in steep rugged terrain forcing clutch slippage and heat build up.

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The transmission name breaks down the “document”

10R60 = 600 Nm / 442 foot pounds
10R80 = 800 Nm / 590 foot pounds

The Camaro ZL1 has a 10L90 = 900 Nm / 663 foot pounds
Iirc GM uses foot pounds where as Ford uses Newton meters. So the 10l90 is 900 ft/lbs

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something folks, especially newbs, need to remember no matter which auto trans we get: When in rough off road situations do not hesitate to use low range. Nothing is harder on an auto than running the transfer case in high in steep rugged terrain forcing clutch slippage and heat build up.
One of the cool things about this 10 speed is itll lock the torque convertor in 1st gear at near idle speed. Itll maintain lockup through gear changes as well.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs