Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did anyone ever own a 2004-2006 F150? If you did, then you had to have known about the "spark plug" issue. This...well...is about par for the course when you consider the "spark plug" and Explorer stuff.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A car is still considered new if it's never titled.

There was a GNX that was making the rounds on the auction circuit a few years ago because it was "new" never titled
Manufactures are legally not allowed to produce a MY vehicle in the next calendar year. Example would be a 2021 MY vehicle can not be assembled at all after Dec 31, 2021, the time in which a 2021 MY Vehicle can be produced is Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31st, 2021. This is so manufactures don't just issue a bunch of VIN's and build vehicles in later calendar years to circumvent new safety, fuel economy, CAFE and emission requirements that are tied to vehicle MY.

So what happens if the new Top goes sideways and is pushed out to November/December? The 2021 currently built aren't considered "complete" because they are missing a top that functions properly.

Gene

Black Diamond
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
scion frs
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow just wow. why didn't they just make a regular roof like the old school broncos. not worth the wait. I'm moving on to another vehicle.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
And lets be honest, Ford should have every reason to be optimistic about timelines... Certainly nothing in the history of this launch says that is a mistake.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello Ford, hopefully you realize that you have other customers, who might not have participated in your early reservation marketing/PR thing. I see little focus or even acknowledgement of those customers in your communications. You can only ride that early reservation train so far, before other people jump off.
Exactly! I didn’t even find out about it until after their price lock guarantee. My dealer gladly took my $100 res and $400 to place the order. All in April. He didn’t know about the deadline. I told him after finding this forum back then.
Why continue to take orders back then if it was after the deadline that you knew you couldn’t meet anyway? I’m not stressing having to wait for my vehicle because I know I’m at the end of the line on orders and it just gives me time to save up more money but we get nothing. No price lock guarantee, no Ford pass points. Oh, yeah, we got a poster or whatever you want to call that concept drawing thing.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like how they offer price protection, then immediately state that the price protection is completely worthless and means nothing.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You and I both. Although the task of pulling and re-installing glass isn't a particularly hard job, I don't trust a dealer mechanic to do such a job. Now if someone who's whole business is removing/replacing glass on cars...yeah, let them do it. No way I'm trusting a mechanic at a dealership to do anything beyond changing my oil...and even that is questionable. Too many bad previous experiences. I feel bad for those who have a bronco, have a MIC, and now need to worry about this like yourself
I hear yah. The Kia dealership overfilled the oil in our new car. As did Subaru dealership in our other car. You'd think at least the dealerships would get it correct!?

And then last weekend, I couldn't get the oil drain plug removed on our old Dodge van, and found Pep Boys had slathered some kind of blue thread locker all over the outside of the bolt, locking it to the oil pan!

Now that I can get reasonable cost full synth oil from Walmart, I'm doing all my own oil changes again. Plus side it forces me to inspect in and around and under the vehicle, looking for any other items needing attention.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And lets be honest, Ford should have every reason to be optimistic about timelines... Certainly nothing in the history of this launch says that is a mistake.
Factor in the new roof design has had zero testing time.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Us first edition owners might finally get a break. What happened to all the people saying “just because it’s a first edition doesn’t mean first built” well there’s a few Broncos out there but looks like for the most part they’ll be a MY22 while FE is MY21. 🤣
Don't forget they have to replace all the MICs on the road, then the ones in the dirt pile before they even build your First Edition and put a MIC on it. I would target January for when you actually get yours (and mine).

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like how they offer price protection, then immediately state that the price protection is completely worthless and means nothing.
Define worthless?

If you don't like the ADM then go to another dealer.

But that the are holding the MSRP while inflation is growing rapidly is not worthless.

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
Sandlot kids😂😂 I like that. Even more so than the bad batch

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure would have been nice if Ford shared this in July when they stated switching to a soft-top would give you a better opportunity to get a MY21. At the time I thought, "well I'm an early 7/14 reservation so sure maybe I won't get mine until late MY21, but its still worth it to stick it out a couple extra months to get the vehicle I want."

Knowing the actual statement was: "Switch to a soft-top or you're boned" probably would have impacted my decision making pretty heavily.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy to hear any new news, but the title of this thread is incorrect. Ford has not announced a solution. It would more appropriately be called a work-around.

A solution would tell us what’s wrong with the mic tops and specific fixes or redesigns.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, huge thank you to the contributors to this site and the teams building the Broncos!

This is like a perpetually bad weekend of Fantasy Football, doesn't really impact my life but a level of burn. I still want my Bronco but now it just pisses me off when I think about it. Tops aside, Ford better make sure this thing isn't an overall P.O.S. cause that's what it's looking like to me, take the time and make the '22 an actual improvement over the issues we've seen to date.

@Ford, please fix ALL your issues (not just the top) so you can make it worth the wait! Also, it wouldn't hurt to let us know how it's really going more frequently. This was going to be my first new Ford purchase, TBD if that even happens if the story doesn't improve, total discretionary purchase with the nostalgia of growing up with a '73. #1 Communication, #2 Quality product, 0 for 2.

Anyways, off to cancel my off-rodeo reservation, what's the point to drive a rig I won't own for another year?! lol

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering at this point how many reservation holders are going to jump ship. A ton of people were already "on the fence" but still holding out because they had already waited THIS long and Ford was finally getting close to being on track again . . . but now more (and major) bad news. I have to believe this will be the catalyst for a chunk of lost reservation holders, as evidenced by some of the posts we are seeing here. I take no joy in seeing my fellow enthusiasts turn away like this, but perhaps a paired down waiting list will help those of us who can afford to wait several more months. Congratulations to those who will still be getting a 2021, and best of luck to all who now believe a Wrangler or Tacoma, etc. is in their immediate future.
Sponsored