Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just to clarify, first roofs being replaced will be already delivered units followed by the trapped “bad builds” at MAP and then lastly the newly produced units which includes the reminder of First Editions? You really think they can get all these rigs with new roofs delivered by December?
Math works assuming they are able to get back up and rolling Sept/October. They had 3 months of partial production (end of May/June/July/1st Week of August). Roof production in October/November/December would only need to slightly outpace to work off replacement, build the remaining FEs and anyone else who had a production date to be ready for MY22 end of December.
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to hear any new news, but the title of this thread is incorrect. Ford has not announced a solution. It would more appropriately be called a work-around.

A solution would tell us what’s wrong with the mic tops and specific fixes or redesigns.
Lol, 2028
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628787149795

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most of the Bad Batch Broncos will be color matched to that logo by the time they finally get them off the lot.
One good thing about using that logo is maybe we can get sued by ford and disney at the same time. 👍

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am currently a FE order holder with no build date yet. Would switching my order to a soft top wildtrak be a dumb idea, or potentially better for getting my order sooner?
Not an option. I will leave mine as is, and be looking for another vehicle in the meantime. If i find something else beforehand, i will cancel my order, get my refund and make sure my dealer cancels the order so they can't capitalize on my misery.

WildWillie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"I feel bad for those who have a bronco, have a MIC, and now need to worry about this like yourself"

Ahh man, I'm not worried, and I believe this is the right thing to do on Ford's end. My only thought is, if its structurally sound since is only cosmetic...then why am I ahead of folks that haven't even seen one live and in person.

I've been waiting for this thing for a long time, rumors about an '04 Bronco return kept me from study college algebra. The fact that I am in possession has me as giddy as a buzzard on chuck wagon! I live in the soup bowl of Mississippi so I know cosmetics flaws will be coming out before they deliver a new one, but I have one. Only reason I'd trust the family member is because he is my brother. He is definitely a mechanic, but we were raised by a body man...both skills seemed to pass right on by me. He is an attention to detail guy and would do it right (may have too much faith in him?), but *sigh* no longer there. I feel bad for folks who have been in limbo...built sitting in MAP lot, and the folks who haven't gotten any real information at all.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been very patient, not complained much about the roll out. From the looks of things Ford did a Horrible job on the rollout. Probably the worst of any manufacture ever. Second day reservation here. So now it will be a 2022 as mines not scheduled to be built yet. Because my order a 2-door Badlands, Sas, 2.7, Lux, tow and such odds are I will not see it until next summer.

Even trying to understand the top issue, glad Ford wants the tops correct. None of the other options should be a constraint. Seriously a 2.7 engine they have been building serval years a constraint. Ford did not plan well at all for this. Before I placed my Reservation I knew SAS was going to be very popular, why couldn't Ford figure that out.

100 dollars to spend at Ford for my Patience what a joke. Not informing us of this via an e-mail is pathetic.

Sold my truck, as I should have had my Bronco by December. Lots of high level incompetent people at Ford for this to happen.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't forget they have to replace all the MICs on the road, then the ones in the dirt pile before they even build your First Edition and put a MIC on it. I would target January for when you actually get yours (and mine).
That's not how I read this at all. Sounds to me like order of events is:

1) Build FE's with good or bad tops (to replace later) and get them out the door

2) Once redesign tops are available fix the Bad Batch Broncos and ship them out the door

3) Once all bad batch Broncos are off the lot, ship out tops to already delivered original design MIC owners.

4) Pat everyone on the back for another flawless vehicle launch.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Math works assuming they are able to get back up and rolling Sept/October. They had 3 months of partial production (end of May/June/July/1st Week of August). Roof production in October/November/December would only need to slightly outpace to work off replacement, build the remaining FEs and anyone else who had a production date to be ready for MY22 end of December.
It looks like MY21 will only have around 15,000 vehicles sold, tops.
😉

BDSQTCH21

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4 Supercrew 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with all of this said, Ford knows the demand for the higher trim and options packages (Sas, 2.7, tow, lux, etc.). I would surely hope they will be working to eliminate these constraints so that come December when MY22 production begins they can follow reservation timestamps like they were supposed to.

Another 7/13 reservation holder here with no vin.
BL, sas, tow, lux, 2.7, Mic.

Priority orders make less than no sense now. Whoever floated that idea has hopefully already been fired.

Also I suppose I should change my screen name. Unreal that so many first day reservations couldn't be built in the first year of production.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Manufactures are legally not allowed to produce a MY vehicle in the next calendar year. Example would be a 2021 MY vehicle can not be assembled at all after Dec 31, 2021, the time in which a 2021 MY Vehicle can be produced is Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31st, 2021. This is so manufactures don't just issue a bunch of VIN's and build vehicles in later calendar years to circumvent new safety, fuel economy, CAFE and emission requirements that are tied to vehicle MY.

So what happens if the new Top goes sideways and is pushed out to November/December? The 2021 currently built aren't considered "complete" because they are missing a top that functions properly.
I get what you are saying. My guess would be that would fall under some legal mumbo jumbo technicality because in the example of the bad batch broncos that are complete they caught an issue after it was completed and stopped it from shipping to fix it. I could be totally wrong though.

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you, but I don't think that's going to happen. If a chip is the only thing holding back any type of Bronco that could be finished between now and the MIC fiasco resolving, you better believe Ford is going to finish that Bronco. They want to say "despite the hard top issues, we were still able to produce xx,000 MY21 Broncos".
What I am saying is since they will push out as many soft tops as possible, they are going to run into a shortage by the time they get to the hard tops. This chip issue will go well into March and if Ford could they would only build superduty’s, f-150’s, and transits.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what are the 2-door people supposed to do? Wait or switch to a soft top 4 door? Too many pages to sift through.
We're supposed to "stay pumped" aka "stay f*cked".

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Define worthless?

If you don't like the ADM then go to another dealer.

But that the are holding the MSRP while inflation is growing rapidly is not worthless.
It's worthless because it has no value. The price is between the dealership and you, whatever Ford calls the MRSP has no bearing on that.

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope I'm not repeating something already stated somewhere in the last 40+ pages of responses, but am I understanding correctly that if a reservation holder of a hard top Bronco doesn't already have a production date (excluding First Edition), then they will NOT receive a '21 Bronco and will roll into the '22 model?

Brwn79bronco

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06mustang 99f250 79bronco 79f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if you can change from 2door to 4door? No sure if this has been asked
Sponsored