Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I am saying is since they will push out as many soft tops as possible, they are going to run into a shortage by the time they get to the hard tops. This chip issue will go well into March and if Ford could they would only build superduty’s, f-150’s, and transits.
I understand - my initial response still holds, sadly. Ford has demonstrated again and again during this launch that when **** turns south the people who get hosed are the early adopters. They aren't going to hold chips for the FEs.
Sponsored

kobrah66

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fordf150, jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not an option. I will leave mine as is, and be looking for another vehicle in the meantime. If i find something else beforehand, i will cancel my order, get my refund and make sure my dealer cancels the order so they can't capitalize on my misery.
Exactly..make sure they do cancel..I cancelled mine and bought a jeep 4 weeks ago..still listed on my orders page and I am still get the stickers and other pacifying junk ford is sending..pretty sure my dealer plans on selling it..but if it gets delivered I will go claim it...

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else find it annoying that they are prioritizing the ones already delivered, where they are most likely sitting in garages and not stranded on a lot by a dirt mountain? One would think they’d take care of the ones parked at map for a month over the ones that have already been delivered and being enjoyed by the costumers. Why not care of the purgatory builds and then send out replacements to those already delivered. After all at least they get to drive theirs
Ford can’t control what it doesn’t own. People can only speculate the condition of their possible build in some dirt lot.
Owners can post away on their top’s conditions up to the day it’s replaced.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can I get a soft top and hardtop prep with my FE please

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I anticipated a 2022 MY anyway with my options and 7/14 res. I just want to know my color and interior choices.

To anyone with theirs stuck on the lot, we've gotten a LOT of rain in Michigan the last few days, inspect thoroughly when you receive it for mold and mildew.
New color for '22. LotRot Green.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doing some back of the napkin math. All of these are guesses. Anyone else have some more solid numbers?
The number of MIC tops needed:
- FE - Builds = 7,000 (this includes delivered, dirt pit and to be built FE's)
- Dirt Pit (MAP hostage) Broncos = Say 2,000 (excluding FE's above)
- Already delivered hard top Broncos = Say 3,000 (excluding FE's above).
- 2021 VIN generated but not built Bronco's (scheduled in June and July with delayed production) = Say 6,000

That totals to 18,000 Bronco hard tops needed to complete 2021 production.

When will Webasto production of the new improved MIC tops begin? IDK, lets use October 11.

How many tops can Webasto produce per day? IDK lets use 500 per day. and figure the plant is running 6 days a week just to be optimistic. That would be 3,000 tops per week or six weeks of production to build the 18,000 tops with no disruptions.

That takes up to Thanksgiving to produce the needed tops for 2021 production.

If Ford produces 2021 Broncos into the first week or two of December then I think they can get everything above accomplished. But, there isn't any wiggle room (unless Webasto can somehow produce more than 500 tops per day).

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the chances that Bestop or another Manufacturer of hard tops has one available next year for those who decide to get a soft top now? We already know Ford and Webasto can't.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords legal team ensured they only cop to “cosmetic” defects. But does this really shield them from any damage incurred from rattling , delaminating, and leaky mic tops? 🤔

Sponsored

BealsMama

Black Diamond
First Name
Stefany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't thank you all enough for posting here. I'm getting ZERO info from dealer- even when asking questions addressed here. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be ABSOLUTELY in the dark... and walking to work!

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
<snip>
4) Give the people involved with this a break. I’m betting they have been working non-stop, 80 hrs weeks and are beyond exhausted. When I did this work it was not uncommon for me to come home at the end of the day, lay down in the middle of the living room floor and fall asleep. You don’t know what this is like and frankly, most of you aren’t up to handling it.
</snip>

So what you're saying is, people are working overtime to the extent that they're so exhausted, they're more prone to making mistakes in that state of mental and physical fatigue, in order to fix a mistake?

Sounds delicious and EXACTLY what I would want from a make-good.

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess I'm just different in my thinking on this news in that I'm actually OK with it. Yes, I have to wait even longer now since I'm a 4-door squatch with hard top, but it's probably only another 5-6 months. But I'm now getting a MY22 which will have some added improvements, especially the 4-door squatch roof rack option. Maybe I'll even switch to the Green color. Plus they are giving me "cash" for said roof rack and maybe some other accessories. Also this gives my more time to save up money for the eventual down payment. The trade off is 1) Time and 2) I have to drive my existing car longer and fingers crossed it will last another 5-6 months. So overall I just feel this is a little more patience on my part and in the end I will be happier than I would have been- my production letter will be a nice Christmas present!!!! (hopefully) :)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Brwn79bronco

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06mustang 99f250 79bronco 79f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if you don’t have a VIN issued yet.
Hmm, my salesman told me I can't change my order. I was thinking maybe it's because I have a 2door.
Sponsored