First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever. I think I’ll cancel my second reservation to demonstrate my annoyance with Ford.

35D98C8C-76F7-4E70-8823-9C2F8B827BB5.gif

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch!

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the 4runner had slightly better power and MPG I'd probably already be in one. It sounds like 23' is the earlies they'll redesign it, and frankly I may trade the Bronco (if I ever get it) in on one depending on where they go on the redesign.
The 4R is severely underpowered. I had to regear to 4.88s and add a pedal commander to just to get a little juice back out of the weak 4.0L V6. But I can only imagine that Toyota has something up their sleeve that they haven't released yet. I can't imagine they are not going to compete in the off-road market with the Bronco.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 35D98C8C-76F7-4E70-8823-9C2F8B827BB5

This is my shifter leaked on from my installed and secured MIC hard top.

it continued to leak on my wrist on the steering wheel while making a turn
No way, Ford said this is only, “cosmetic.” 😉

Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford designed the hard top. They can control that

Ford can’t control what it doesn’t own. People can only speculate the condition of their possible build in some dirt lot.
Owners can post away on their top’s conditions up to the day it’s replaced.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would imagine that they are already hitting the production line and if you read carefully through the document, it suggests that models built up to 21 Jul 2021 are affected, but nothing about the build dates in August.

I would suggest that the August builds could potentially be low production MIC V2 Guinea pigs following the 1 week shutdown. We won't know until they are released from QA and shipped. If they ship early, then they obviously will have V2 tops, if not... Dirt mountain.
Yeah I really think the July 21 date is from a document sent to dealers for already delivered orders, meaning they probably didn't sent out any cars with hardtop after that date. They also say elsewhere that ALL cars built through August are affected by the issue. Unfortunately those of us in 8/2 week are at the tail of the line for the V2 MICs instead of the front (though, on the plus side, that means less time at dirt mountain than some of the others).

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would imagine that they are already hitting the production line and if you read carefully through the document, it suggests that models built up to 21 Jul 2021 are affected, but nothing about the build dates in August.

I would suggest that the August builds could potentially be low production MIC V2 Guinea pigs following the 1 week shutdown. We won't know until they are released from QA and shipped. If they ship early, then they obviously will have V2 tops, if not... Dirt mountain.
I was thinking that too. If you're built after 7/21 (I'm 7/23) you're OK. BUT, rereading: That is a notification to dealers about what to do with shipped vehicles. My guess is they shipped no MICs after 7/21 and those built after that, until current date, still have the problem, just weren't shipped, so I think I'm still screwed.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They have only delivered 3300+- as of August pet Ford's Sales Release. I would say based on my dealers deliveries 2/3rds were Soft Top, so that's no that many to take care of out on the street. I would be glad I haven't taken delivery of mine if I hadn't switched to Soft top as it probably would be rubbing on the painted areas of the bronco or the top set. Screwing up my paint and or any other gaskets that rough edges can mess up.
I guess is the less the bronco moves before the proper top gets put on there less likely of this type of damage.

Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In on page fiddy!

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has been zero information provided that mic situation will improve in 2022. Zip none nada.

BroncosWest

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Suddenly, I am strangely glad I didn't have the money to buy a Bronco yet.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your avatar is my favorite baseball player of all time. He was a bad, bad man on the mound. And now…back to the MIC meltdown.
Hoot was the best loved to see him twirl on the mound and i know he could handle himself off the field haha
Sponsored