First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am just going to dump this turd here... I bought from a top 100 dealer (probably top 5). I had two 7/13, about 830pm EST reservations. First Edition and a Badlands. Badlands has everything (MIC, LUX, TOW, 2.7 etc).

No priority, no discounts, MSRP+$150 doc fee. Obviously my FE was built and my Badlands is next week.

A dealer that normally sells 400 TOTAL vehicles a year getting 1200 of the hottest release vehicle in a long time (hotter than a C8) in 1.5 years of production just seemed to good to be true.

Blowing up the communication manager's twitter is useless, he is the messenger, not the decision maker. It was obvious in yesterday's live stream that Ford felt the law was on their side and that by deviating from an allocation method it would be more of a legal issue with the dealers. Levine and others from Ford on social media are going to take your feedback and consolidate it into "1000-1500 reservation holders are pissed off, they want their Broncos"
Please send me the information you have for Grangers yearly sales. I’d love to see that.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's supposed to be one line. Reservations. Reservation #1 to Reservation #150,000.

It's not a Granger line, and a galpin line, and a Chapman line, and a Smith Ford line.
That reservation to allocation process was changed a year ago. If you were under the impression today that the process was supposed to be that way, that’s on you.

Listen, I feel for the reservation holders that purchased from smaller dealers. I get it. I wouldn’t be happy either. However, changing allocation methodology isn’t new to automakers. I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years and I’ve seen it before. I’m a medium dealer (not Ford) that is currently up against allocation/order constraints and I lose out to bigger stores, even more so in this current market.

I’m not siding with Ford here, but I’m not shocked by it, as many of you are. I’ve seen it for years. Maybe that’s where my view comes from as it’s just “business as usual”. So, if I have a flaw, it’s that I’m not surprised by this and honeslty, it doesn’t bother me.

If it weren’t for Covid and the supply chain issue, this never would have happened. Yet, here we are and not everyone is going to be happy.

I’ve got a reservation with my local Ford dealer and I agreed to pay MSRP. My Bronco is supposed to be built in November. They are a medium/large dealer and the experience has been nothing but flawless. They update me constantly and answer every question I throw at them. As far as I know, all reservations with them are at MSRP.

A discounted price and superior customer service are not mutually exclusive. So, for those of you ther argue it is, you’re wrong.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It wasn’t a risk under the original allocation. That’s the point. If they are going to keep moving the goal posts, forget it. Every customer that went to these dealers had a deal that worked with Ford at that time. So many morons were saying the deal was fake and we were stupid going for invoice. We’ll it was true and Ford dealers got butthurt over it. Doing this stupid Monday morning qb crap saying everyone should have known better is total bs. They will change it again and again apparently. I’m not getting rapid red. Now I have to switch to a dishonest dealer who has no reason to make any deal. Orders are in. I’ve done nothing but wait and now Levine gives us this shit and you cozy up to it? I hope you get your Bronco before Ford changes something that will impact your deal.
Don't think stating risk is cozying up to the issue. Unless I'm mistaken all of these deals were offered well before any allocation equation was even out. People flooded to the dealers because they posted that they were giving a low price. Then the 2021 allocation model came out, and this helped the dealers get more folks in the door because their sales method worked with it well. It was never stated that the allocation model would be the same in 2022. Allocation models change, this is something the dealers know.

Everyone claims they are with these dealers because of their "no BS", but I'd be willing to place a pretty large bet that most of the orders through them were placed because they were offered a lower price. That's it, end of story, they are a business and they are trying to make money. Now they may have treated you all really well so far and that's great, but they are just trying to be a successful business at the end of the day.

I'm not playing Monday morning QB, I literally talked about buying from Granger with my wife months ago and said to her that "yeah I better not risk this, there is no way that a tiny little dealer will be able to deliver all of these orders". I'm not saying this to say that everyone should of done the same thing. I'm just saying that the dealers should of made this crystal clear. Someone in here told me to go to Stephens site to see that everything is clearly laid out there and that they have been completely honest. Well I went over there and didn't see anything stated about how there may be some risk in ordering from this as they aren't sure what the allocation models will be year to year.

NateDogg

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.
Unless you have already received your Bronco, you don’t know if you’re gonna pay MSRP.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I placed my reservation (7/14) I chose the local dealership. A couple of months went by and I had not heard from them. I started searching the internet for information and found this forum. I assumed pricing would be MSRP across the board. Ford at the time said reservations would be filled before stock units.

Granted I did not know how the dealership model worked with Ford but became more educated on this site. I saw the deals being offered by Granger and SAC. I didn't immediately switch dealers. I started contacting my dealer and three others in the area. I could not get two of them to respond to my emails. I exchanged a few phone calls with another about pricing and after a week was basically ghosted. My emails went unanswered. My dealer said probably MSRP and when I explained the SAC deal he basically told me I was full of shit and no dealer would be doing that. I offered him SAC website information and he refused and cut me off.

I waited a couple of weeks wondering if I should make the change. I saw many on here getting MSRP answers from their dealers. Driving 3.5 hours to SAC would save me $3000. I made the change November 11, 2020. This was just a few weeks before the allocations were announced and a panic came across the forum. We went from being in the driver's seat with our reservations to having to decide to shop dealers. At that point the dealers with allocations had the upper hand. They didn't need to compete with lower than MSRP. I decided I didn't want to shop my reservation. I ended up being #104 out of 109 allocations at SAC.

At what point did I make the wrong decision? I saved $3000. I got great communication from SAC. I was within their allocations. I realized I might not get a 2022 because of how far down I was but I thought it was worth it to stay with them.

I think it is pretty screwed up that this is somehow my fault for wanting a good deal. It is my fault for not sticking to my local dealer when I could not get them to set a price. It is my fault for wanting more transparency and better communication.
Pretty much the same damn process to the letter for me too. Like exactly the same, except I never asked SAC which allotment number I was.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless you have already received your Bronco, you don’t know if you’re gonna pay MSRP.
Not true. I don’t have mine yet and I know for sure I’m paying MSRP.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the same damn process to the letter for me too. Like exactly the same, except I never asked SAC which allotment number I was.
Send an email and they will tell you although John may be a bit busy right now. I have been holding off finding my new place in line because I don't want to be a pain in the ass.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco is living up to its motto "Built Wild"...

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its all just so fucked up. WTF did Ford even have a reservation system for the Bronco? Right now it's worth absolutely nothing. Five or six years to be able to take delivery (without paying $60 to $100K) to me anyway, is the same as not having a reservation, an order or anyting. Its worthless. Yeah & I do feel totally screwed over by Ford & the way they lead everyone on.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems as if Ford takes care of 98% of the customers who didn’t order with one of three dealers they‘re doing a hell of a good job. 2% of you are getting screwed, 10% supporting those getting screwed but the reality is the vast majority of customers don’t give a care or even know about this.
That's pretty remarkable if you really think about. If you are in the 2% perhaps not.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't think stating risk is cozying up to the issue. Unless I'm mistaken all of these deals were offered well before any allocation equation was even out. People flooded to the dealers because they posted that they were giving a low price. Then the 2021 allocation model came out, and this helped the dealers get more folks in the door because their sales method worked with it well. It was never stated that the allocation model would be the same in 2022. Allocation models change, this is something the dealers know.

Everyone claims they are with these dealers because of their "no BS", but I'd be willing to place a pretty large bet that most of the orders through them were placed because they were offered a lower price. That's it, end of story, they are a business and they are trying to make money. Now they may have treated you all really well so far and that's great, but they are just trying to be a successful business at the end of the day.

I'm not playing Monday morning QB, I literally talked about buying from Granger with my wife months ago and said to her that "yeah I better not risk this, there is no way that a tiny little dealer will be able to deliver all of these orders". I'm not saying this to say that everyone should of done the same thing. I'm just saying that the dealers should of made this crystal clear. Someone in here told me to go to Stephens site to see that everything is clearly laid out there and that they have been completely honest. Well I went over there and didn't see anything stated about how there may be some risk in ordering from this as they aren't sure what the allocation models will be year to year.
Stephens really shouldn't be in the same category as Granger. Stephens had a little over 300 reservations as of Dec 2020 when the first indications of allocations came out. They received 109 allocations out of the 300 plus reservations. At this time they have been delivered or in production over 50% of their allocations. They are also the number one fleet sale dealer in WV. They do not think they will be hurt much at all by the new allocation formula. Their website was completely honest describing their deal. They would have no reason to say anyone is at risk placing their order. Maybe go through the SAC thread and read all the communication from them? Nobody with a SAC reservation and order is that worried about 2022.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those numbers are so irrelevant to the supply issues at hand... and the ships waiting outside of every port with goods to unload... AND the logistics of adding more employees when just months ago they were shut down and employees don't just appear fully trained and ready to work today, yesterday or tomorrow, so you can add another shift.

You can make up what every numbers you want, even when using simple statistics you MUST use retaliative data and Ford doesn't have the ability to just add a third shift. OR build every order as ordered or they would; damn if you understood the hours it's taking engineers to figure out how to build 800 units a day with all of the supply issues you might then understand.

For fuck's shake... I'm getting sick of people just making up numbers and assuming a major company is dumber then them... OH WHY DIDN'T we think to add a third shift so we can sell more units and make more money?

That's why I asked for any real numbers known, NOT your bullshit estimates of what they should be able to do... if they could they would!
Where was I making up numbers. Have you not been paying attention the last few weeks when they scheduled an absolute shit ton of vehicles. The can do 820 a day average, because they did that the 1st week of August. Do you think that Ford is going to sit around and not address the logistical problems while keeping their thumbs firmly in their ass?!?

They have the ability and the capability to add a third shift, if and when they want. You may be correct in that maybe all the logistical issues are not yet hammered out, but how long do you expect them to screw it up?

By the way, FORD The UAW said they had the capability to go to three shifts... Not me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/ford-begins-shipping-bronco-suvs-for-consumers-.html
June 15th 2021 - "Michigan Assembly is currently running on two of three shifts with 3,000 employees, including 2,800 hourly United Auto Workers members. Union leaders for the plant are optimistic the vehicle will be a hit, pushing Ford to add a third shift to the facility, which also produces the midsize Ranger pickup. "
Sponsored

Last edited: