Sponsored

Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC

Deleted member 13702

I agree, the other 2 dealers seem to have kept their numbers within reason and Ford will take care of them.
You genuinely sound happy that over a 1000 reservation holders are going to get screwed. Your posts come off as if you want Granger punished. Did they wrong you somehow, run over your dog, sleep with your wife? Put your dealership out of business?

Why are you so upset that they offered people a fair and honest deal. If you gave a crap about the Bronco community and people on this forum you wouldn’t be rooting for Goliath, you would be frustrated for everyone that was being taken advantage of. Especially since Ford is telling the big dealers, wink wink, go ahead and do what you want, we got you covered.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Granger doesn't account for the whole 2% Mike referred to, so which dealers do you think will round out that 2%?
I have no idea. There are over 3000 of them. Some seem to think Stephens and Chapman. From what I've seen so far, those 2 seem like they'll be fine. Levine could be just throwing out a number that isn't really 2%.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not a Granger order. I ordered my Bronco at MSRP from Dirt Mountain, and I'm not really sure what their allocation is and what place I am in line. What I do know is, if Ford didn't want to deal with this scenario, they shouldn't have done a reservation system. And if they did a reservation system, they shouldn't have told people they could order through any dealer they wanted. And if they didn't want a handful of smaller dealers getting so many orders at the expense of larger dealers, they shouldn't have allowed that many orders to be made through a specific dealer. And if they still had no problem with that, they shouldn't have told all of the people who reserved very early on that their reservation place in line matters a lot and, to the best of their ability, their Bronco would be built based on that place in line.
The blame for this does not fall on any of the dealers who offered a great deal and/or great service. It's not COVID's fault, or Webasto, or labor shortages, or chip shortages, or smallpox, or the customers who ordered from these dealers. The big dealers aren't even to blame either. This 100% on Ford. They could fix it (if they wanted) and build the converted reservations in the order they were reserved, and going forward base everything on allocations.
At least some people get it.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634330220278

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You genuinely sound happy that over a 1000 reservation holders are going to get screwed. Your posts come off as if you want Granger punished. Did they wrong you somehow, run over your dog, sleep with your wife? Put your dealership out of business?

Why are you so upset that they offered people a fair and honest deal. If you gave a crap about the Bronco community and people on this forum you wouldn’t be rooting for Goliath, you would be frustrated for everyone that was being taken advantage of. Especially since Ford is telling the big dealers, wink wink, go ahead and do what you want, we got you covered.
If you think that I'm happy, you now have a better understanding of how the internet does a poor job of communicating emotion. This dealer got mad at me for questioning how they could possibly fill so many reservation when the 2nd offer came around and the pace of reserving really picked up. You've been here long enough that you may recall those threads and the ones where Ford had an issue with them more than a year ago. The dealership claims to be older than dirt, so they should know how things work with Ford. None of us knows what Ford told the dealer, but it seemed they were unhappy about something the dealer was doing. That's why some feel the dealer need to accept most of the blame. They took a gamble that didn't work out.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does any of this have to do with Fords promises of Timestamps, and restraints being the biggest factors in getting your Bronco. Who cares how big or small the dealership is.
I only brought up the big small thing because so many saying "small rural" dealership like it makes them a victim. They are not small and 20 minutes from downtown Des Moines. That said you're correct, it doesn't matter. There is plenty of blame to go around. Ford is not off the hook, either is Granger. Granger is in the car business they knew all about allocation. I asked them several times, with so many orders where does this leave me as an Oct timestamp. All they would say until last week is "I don't have any more information for you", or "We don't know anything more". Underselling as a quest for market domination isn't exactly an ethical practice. I'm not saying that's what happened, but I'm sure a lawyer would run with it. Most likely there are contractual agreements between Ford and its dealer base. How is a dealer that isn't in a position to sell at a loss survive if they are squeeze out of getting the the hottest selling new models?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every single argument made about reservations first before dealer stock was made in consideration of MY21 and MY21 only. MY22 (at the time all these statements where made) was a future product offering. Ford does not comment on future product offerings. Ford was very deliberate with their wording. I was hoping that since the initial deliveries were delayed and the whole hardtop fiasco happened that Ford would extend their MY21 statements to MY22. They did not. It sucks.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every single argument made about reservations first before dealer stock was made in consideration of MY21 and MY21 only. MY22 (at the time all these statements where made) was a future product offering. Ford does not comment on future product offerings. Ford was very deliberate with their wording. I was hoping that since the initial deliveries were delayed and the whole hardtop fiasco happened that Ford would extend their MY21 statements to MY22. They did not. It sucks.
1) Not true in the least bit. There was no reference to MY21 when these were reserved, and Ford knew right away that they couldn’t build them all in 21.
2) You completely made that up.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1) Not true in the least bit. There was no reference to MY21 when these were reserved, and Ford knew right away that they couldn’t build them all in 21.
2) You completely made that up.
MY21 was the only thing out there. What else could they be talking about?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure it will break 100.
Yup, with both sides talking louder and adding more salt. They somehow expect that will change the facts. The truth is out now, people need to accept it and deal with it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yup, with both sides talking louder and adding more salt. They somehow expect that will change the facts. The truth is out now, people need to accept it and deal with it.
The end result isnt finalized. Dealers dont have their new allocation numbers yet and Ford is still in their corner offices.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MY21 was the only thing out there. What else could they be talking about?
Ford was talking a lot about MY22 at the time with public statements very early that reservations would go into MY22. They consistently said at that point that they would all be built first. It’s a ridiculous argument to say otherwise…or a lie.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
So when Ford said "all reservations will be built before dealer stock" it was more than clear?
Ford is not building dealer stock that I'm aware of. My local dealer has two on the lot, they are both demos they will not sell at any price. If I place an order today I'm behind everybody else with a timestamp, which is why I'm having my reservation transferred from Granger. I will give you Ford should have been more clear on allocation, but they probably didn't foresee a dealer dominating like this. All dealerships deserve to get a part of the action, not just the ones that are able to sell at a loss to gain market domination, which could result in lawsuits. That said be honest -- didn't you have a little skepticism going with such a low ball offer? I sure did.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs