Sponsored

⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back?

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I get my Bronco with MiC (a year from now) if nothing else comes out Ill probably get the Bestop Sunrider to make it easier to open the front portion of the 4 door and close quick if needed. Doesn't look optimal as far as looks but easy to at least open just the front panel over the driver/passenger.
That's what I have and I love it. I think it looks pretty good for what it is. Will still be removing the hard top once it is warm all day.
Ford Bronco ⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back? 20220122_173842_HDR_kindlephoto-127638072
Ford Bronco ⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back? 20220122_173906_HDR
Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi there!
You will have to remove all hardware to switch back to the hardtop besides the vinyl and foam pieces you glue down.

- Eryn@Bestop
Eryn, it would be great if Bestop would create a demonstration video on how to remove the 4 door Trek top. I had a dealer install the Trek top. I would like to see the removal process, before I tackle it. Just to take the top off for a few months this Summer. There is the demonstration video on how to remove the back windows, and fold the top back, but no direction on removal.

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eryn, it would be great if Bestop would create a demonstration video on how to remove the 4 door Trek top. I had a dealer install the Trek top. I would like to see the removal process, before I tackle it. Just to take the top off for a few months this Summer. There is the demonstration video on how to remove the back windows, and fold the top back, but no direction on removal.
Also curious what parts can be left together/assembled when you remove to make it as easy as possible to reinstall.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also curious what parts can be left together/assembled when you remove to make it as easy as possible to reinstall.
Hello!
The only things that can be left on when you switch back to the hardtop are the seals and the foam. All other hardware needs to be removed.

-Eryn@Bestop

Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello!
I will pass this request on to the team!

-Eryn@Bestop

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello!
The only things that can be left on when you switch back to the hardtop are the seals and the foam. All other hardware needs to be removed.

-Eryn@Bestop
@Bestop_Team, sorry I don’t mean what can stay attached to the truck. I mean can you keep the twill, and the cross bars, etc. attached to each other and store in the garage all assembled. Then just attach it again right to the truck or do you need to dissemble everything to but back on?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine last Friday, and really don't plan to take it off. As stated, the thin seal and gasket could be left on. If I was planning to swap annually, there's some hardware I'd be changing out to hex heads, as the torx are too easy to strip. Like anything else, once you do it that first time, the reinstall will be much faster.

I like that it folds on top, out of the view out the rear. I like that the top is separate from the sides, for different configs. It does everything I want - Love it so far.

Ford Bronco ⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back? PXL_20220319_132213936

Ford Bronco ⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back? PXL_20220319_202040534

Ford Bronco ⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back? PXL_20220319_151439701

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that it folds on top, out of the view out the rear. I like that the top is separate from the sides, for different configs. It does everything I want - Love it so far.
Very nice! How does the onboard storage of the sides and rear windows work when you’re running in top only mode?. Do they roll up and can you store them securely behind the seats in the 2D?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice! How does the onboard storage of the sides and rear windows work when you’re running in top only mode?. Do they roll up and can you store them securely behind the seats in the 2D?
Haven't tried taking them along with me yet, I'll have to report back.

Sponsored

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the trektop and love it - had to put the hardtop back on to have ford dealer swap for version 2 hardtop it was easy - since then reinstalled the trektop no issues .

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You typically do not want to/should not roll up the windows to store.

Some buy window storage bags, others lay across seats or in the cargo area. Some leave at home.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You typically do not want to/should not roll up the windows to store.

Some buy window storage bags, others lay across seats or in the cargo area. Some leave at home.
Thanks for the reply and good information. I ordered this top for my 2D and plan to run safari style most of time during the summer. I would like to have the panels on board in case of pop up showers.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m curious what can be left on the truck from the soft top assembly when you swap back to the hard top. And also what can be left put together on the soft top to make the quicker when you add that back in the spring. Maybe it will just be a “PITA” the 1st time???
Did you get a clear answer on this one?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched the well done Bestop video a couple of times. I think switching won’t be as time consuming as one might believe. Quite a bit of what is in the video is building the top. Once complete I think the removal will go fairly quickly. It’s not like your going to disassemble the whole thing.

I’d like to see them produce a video of a swap (soft top back to the hard top) in real time.
Sponsored