First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing in the union contract prevents ford from staffing the bronco update. It might be separate from line workers but the Union can supply tech workers and a having lines down leaves added general techs available. It’s simply bad business to skip over orders in any business. Ford can’t management post production work.
They only have so many parts. They choose to put them in the newly built ones to keep the assembly lines moving and NOT to add to the dirt mountain problem. It' only looks like bad business if your at dirt mountain. Not to the folks that are taking delivery of their fresh Broncos.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they can prioritize labor to complete the broncos build 3 months ago. It’s obviously not a chip hold but a labor priority hold when they have build 20k since. They can build 3000 per week but they can’t update 300 per week. It as simple as allocation of of labor. Bad business practice.
I was on the Mountain, I understand the frustration.
It was maddening and by far the worst part of the whole experience.

I have never read about a labor issue there. They make a good living and have people waiting, praying to get a job like that.

The good business practice from Fords point of view is to keep the lines moving except as a last possible resort.

EVERYBODY loses when the lines are down.
Ford loses BIG time, the employees lose their paychecks, the vending companies AND their employees lose their share if they have to stop.

The harsh truth is, it's a chip/module issue. For the above reasons, the line will be the utmost priority.
The parked Bronos will only get surplus parts the line does NOT need at that point in time.

Robbins26

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from my dealer. He said that they will still be scheduling steady until June or July. So hopefully we'll hear something soon... Hopefully

Sponsored

Drvmustangs

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang convertible / 2015 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I’m sure I’ll get blasted by some for saying it out loud. When will we be notified to reorder for my23?
Day 3 reservation holder, January 20th 2021 order date, re-order my22 October 14th 2021.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I’m sure I’ll get blasted by some for saying it out loud. When will we be notified to reorder for my23?
Day 3 reservation holder, January 20th 2021 order date, re-order my22 October 14th 2021.
It will probably be August-October ish if the rumors of a mid-November balance out and switch over are true

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They indicated initially that they were scheduling thru July 27th, but actually only scheduled thru June 13th. Several dealers said that Ford Corp told them the remainder of the scheduling would occur later (in May).
I read on another 6G thread that the July builds are in a different quarter for dealer allocation. Perhaps the schedulers can't plan the July builds until they know the dealership allocations? It does sound like Ford's not communicating internally very well...

DPZ0622

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I read on another 6G thread that the July builds are in a different quarter for dealer allocation. Perhaps the schedulers can't plan the July builds until they know the dealership allocations? It does sound like Ford's not communicating internally very well...
July Builds?!?!?! Ford has a two week vacation downtime that's usually scheduled for the first two weeks of July. The wait continues!

Sponsored

Squatch Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Angry Irishman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Jeep/Mini
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HOW ARE RAPTORS BEING SCHEDULED WHEN MY 7/20 RESERVATION IS NOT. YES, I AM SUPER ANGRY.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HOW ARE RAPTORS BEING SCHEDULED WHEN MY 7/20 RESERVATION IS NOT. YES, I AM SUPER ANGRY.
Because most BRaptor allocations went to day1, 2 & 3 reservation holders and you are a day8 reservation holder. Also, no BRaptors have been scheduled in several weeks so I am not sure why you are yelling and so angry.

Squatch Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Angry Irishman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Jeep/Mini
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh. Well - I am angry because: People are getting their Bronco's and I am not.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's called a union contract. Bad business would be to violate it. Throwing a few chips into dirt mountain just isn't going to keep the assembly line moving. Timing is everything. Defiantly sucks for the near built folks.
Wait a minute…. Are you implying that the Unions are why I don’t have my Bronco? 🤔

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on the Mountain, I understand the frustration.
It was maddening and by far the worst part of the whole experience.

I have never read about a labor issue there. They make a good living and have people waiting, praying to get a job like that.

The good business practice from Fords point of view is to keep the lines moving except as a last possible resort.

EVERYBODY loses when the lines are down.
Ford loses BIG time, the employees lose their paychecks, the vending companies AND their employees lose their share if they have to stop.

The harsh truth is, it's a chip/module issue. For the above reasons, the line will be the utmost priority.
The parked Bronos will only get surplus parts the line does NOT need at that point in time.
I’m asking as just a thought experiment. Couldn’t they just feed them into the line as the parts they need come in? If they are just sitting outside in the weather, aren’t they going to be more cost later for ford? Wouldn’t the trucks underside and rotors get rusted?
Sponsored