Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not insinuating anything here but poor timing for a sale.

Screenshot_20220320-223800_Outlook.jpg
Trying to not let it bother me but received and installed struts last week. Little damage from the top down that I'll touch up and noise with the top up I still need to figure out, but not going to cry or <gasp> threaten to sue (man, that's just funny dramatic shit).

However, I am disappointed in not seeing much from IAG on here. But getting the email above yesterday and now a text this morning reminding me I could have saved a little money and avoided some trouble by waiting to buy kinda feels like IAG is trolling me.
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to not let it bother me but received and installed struts last week. Little damage from the top down that I'll touch up and noise with the top up I still need to figure out, but not going to cry or <gasp> threaten to sue (man, that's just funny dramatic shit).

However, I am disappointed in not seeing much from IAG on here. But getting the email above yesterday and now a text this morning reminding me I could have saved a little money and avoided some trouble by waiting to buy kinda feels like IAG is trolling me.
I am sure they are aware ... I think the OP and IAG are working out a solution, so once there is one, IAG will announce a fix. Just a guess though. But yeah the timing of the discount was kind of bad haha

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I know, I got the text message this morning too. I wish it was a text message that said we know there is a problem and we are working on a solution. Then again, I didn't even get instructions with the struts. Luckily I knew there was a video out there. Pretty easy to pile on with so many self-inflicted wounds, but I am still hopeful that they get it straightened out.

CR55CHAIN

Badlands
First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had these installed for a couple of weeks and had the top all the way down for a week of unseasonably warm weather before seeing this thread. I have since checked and found clearance on both sides with no signs of rubbing. I may add some ppf just as a precaution but this clearly is not an across the board issue.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had these installed for a couple of weeks and had the top all the way down for a week of unseasonably warm weather before seeing this thread. I have since checked and found clearance on both sides with no signs of rubbing. I may add some ppf just as a precaution but this clearly is not an across the board issue.
That's great to hear, I've only had it fully down once. I need to go and check for wear on the roll bar, but I'm also concerned about a couple things:

1) The squeaking, I hate squeaks
2) The struts lift the soft top further than the prop bar, there is verbiage in the manual and instructional videos about not doing that, because it can damage the top itself.

I'm staying tuned for solutions, but probably going to remove the struts for now.

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only had top down all the way once since installing, but no rub and looks like about 1/2" of clearance on both sides. I did put some felt tape on the struts just in case, but good for now.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid 121 inc shipping to be the Guinea Pig, they just started shipping them a few weeks ago, and now they are on sale? 🤬
I got that email too. Whole thing leaves a terrible taste in my mouth for @IAG Performance . One time I preorder something since it was a preorder “price incentive” and I get screwed twice. They should just take these back as an exception for the faulty design.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping to put the top all the way down this week since my son is home for spring break, but might just hold off on that now.

Looking forward to hear from IAG what the real solution will be. And yes, not really happy about the ad for a sale on these barely on the market things, I paid $121 for them. Really bad timing there IAG...

By now I kind of also would have expected to get an e-mail from them mentioning the potential problem and maybe a temporary solution until the 'design team' is back from where ever they are this week. That note should really go out to all customers that received their struts already.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping to put the top all the way down this week since my son is home for spring break, but might just hold off on that now.

Looking forward to hear from IAG what the real solution will be. And yes, not really happy about the ad for a sale on these barely on the market things, I paid $121 for them. Really bad timing there IAG...

By now I kind of also would have expected to get an e-mail from them mentioning the potential problem and maybe a temporary solution until the 'design team' is back from where ever they are this week. That note should really go out to all customers that received their struts already.
Gotta agree, it would be nice to hear from IAG.

On the “sale”, yeah, bad optics on the timing. Though we did receive the roll bar PPF kit with that, which is normally $25, so it’s kind of a wash. Ironic that the PPF kit itself is to protect the roll bar from damage caused by FORD’s folding top mechanism!

As for your trip, seriously just stick on some velcro and it’ll be fine. You can always remove and replace it if they come out with a more “elegant” solution…

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought these last week, $121 with shipping, and I didn't even get PPF. They did throw in paint damage on both pillars and gashes on both actuators after one time dropped without even driving though.

Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gotta agree, it would be nice to hear from IAG.

On the “sale”, yeah, bad optics on the timing. Though we did receive the roll bar PPF kit with that, which is normally $25, so it’s kind of a wash. Ironic that the PPF kit itself is to protect the roll bar from damage caused by FORD’s folding top mechanism!

As for your trip, seriously just stick on some velcro and it’ll be fine. You can always remove and replace it if they come out with a more “elegant” solution…
I heard from them via email. They are apparently working on a solution this week whatever that means.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I heard from them via email. They are apparently working on a solution this week whatever that means.
They really need to send that email to everyone who bought these…

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All. I did this just in case. It took me all of 5 minutes. Going to put the top down and test tonight. I have been running mine for a few weeks with no issues. Clearance looks good too but just in case.

E75CCD56-CA74-4C6B-839E-87B1B8F9A948.jpeg

3E106040-9E53-4BD9-A0F1-EBE86093B0A2.jpeg

3AAFFCE9-F567-4A8B-BAA1-6B5DD8C15577.jpeg

628384DB-63F8-419B-8831-04AE79222C56.jpeg

782BBB2D-2363-4349-AB01-448AE173DC85.jpeg

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Black or silver threaded balls?

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only had top down all the way once since installing, but no rub and looks like about 1/2" of clearance on both sides. I did put some felt tape on the struts just in case, but good for now.
Black or silver threaded balls?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.