Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. Interesting that the manual number doesn’t match 2.3 number. Plenty of 2.3 automatics.
I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with the base 4 door, BD/mid 4 door, all OBX, and all Sasquatch being auto-only.

Considering that half of all builds went Sas, 15% were OBX, and 85% had some kind of package added (relevant to BD), that's a huge percentage of builds that weren't eligible for a manual at all.

Same calculation I did last time. Since all 2.7s are autos, you can drill down and figure out that the manual take rate on the 2.3 is 60%, same as last time, so that number is holding steady.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, and for those of us thinking about going with manual, what does that say about how difficult it's going to be to find a buyer if we sell used? You'd probably have to find a buyer on here. Makes you think twice.
Those that want manuals really want manuals. You may not sell it quickly, but you're more likely to capture a higher price on an enthusiast vehicle with a manual trans. Look at the last Ferraris to offer a manual trans - they've tripled in price since new, while the auto versions are holding steady. The CTS-V with a stick is holding its value like crazy, and the Chevy SS with a stick basically doesn't depreciate at all.

I know I'm preaching to a choir of beaten dead horses at this point, but it's a downright shame that Ford won't offer the good engine with a stick. There's so much precedent for that combo being the absolute long-term killer holy grail, and we can't even pay Ford for the privilege.

Incommunicado

Big Bend
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish we could see the breakdown by tire size. Sounds like an odd request, but I bet the SAS % was impacted by the large percentage of BLs selected. Some probably skipped the 35s, didn't like the look of 32s, but thought 33 ATs were just right. I might be one of them.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because the hive-mind here is pro-SAS, so you'd think the take rate was 99% for forum members but if it's closer to 50-50 then it's normal to not get SAS.

I'm not a tall guy, i'd have to install a full on ladder to get into a SAS lift + 35s.
Go sas I'm a short italian guy with bad knees from the army. Had no prob getting into my jku on 35s.

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
why is OBX so unpopular? is there something I should know?
I kinda thought it was the most bang for your buck.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I *love* my black cars, but I even opted out of black knowing I'm going to beat this thing up. and Black really isn't all that forgiving of arizona pinstriping. Wonder how many others had the same line of thinking.
I ordered black, but don't have my info on the list. I'm liking that low mod top rate.

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing there surprised me except the Badlands percentage. Once you get up to a $45K+ vehicle the percentage increase to get the Lux isn't much. I expected the Squatch to be high. I also highly expect 75% or more of theses vehicles regardless of trim or options to never see dirt.

Also if final allocation is also based on Jeep market penetration then you're going to see the Bronco won't be showing up as much in the places they were ordered in.

https://thenewswheel.com/jeep-considered-most-popular-new-car-in-recent-study/

Ford Bronco 📈 Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions ben kenobi
im kinda shocked mercedes is top for Nebraska. Seems like people LOVE their fords here.

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I *love* my black cars, but I even opted out of black knowing I'm going to beat this thing up. and Black really isn't all that forgiving of arizona pinstriping. Wonder how many others had the same line of thinking.
whats "arizona pinstriping" sorry, new to the state.
I got antimatter blue (which as we know, is black 80% of the time) am I gonna be at risk for this?
Been thinking about getting my shadow black top wrapped white to reflect some UV, and wrapping the rest a lighter color to protect the paint, but have heard vinyl doesnt last as long here.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How hard would it be to show the percentage of BL with and without SAS. Asking for a friend.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do wonder what the MT rate would have been if it was available with the 2.7 and/or sasquatch.

I know we're getting rare but it's funny how companies don't offer it because no one buys it because they don't sell it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you'd think everyone got it but us.
I'm not getting the sas but if I'm bumped to '22, I'm definitely changing my stock BD to base manual sasquatch.

DrStrange

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford F100, Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
whats "arizona pinstriping" sorry, new to the state.
I got antimatter blue (which as we know, is black 80% of the time) am I gonna be at risk for this?
Been thinking about getting my shadow black top wrapped white to reflect some UV, and wrapping the rest a lighter color to protect the paint, but have heard vinyl doesnt last as long here.
when you off-road in the desert or mountains on narrow tracks, bushes scrape the side of your vehicle leaving "pinstripe" scratches.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because the hive-mind here is pro-SAS, so you'd think the take rate was 99% for forum members but if it's closer to 50-50 then it's normal to not get SAS.

I'm not a tall guy, i'd have to install a full on ladder to get into a SAS lift + 35s.
gotcha. As you’re alluding to, the stats suggest that it’s not as hive-mind as some might think. Though, just reading through posts, I can certainly understand why folks would think that.

Lol... love the ladder idea!
Sponsored