Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel for anyone that has a truck in the rat lot,winters coming soon outside in mi. Is not where i would want mine.
Im a 2dr,2.3,7sd,squatch the light at the end of the tunnel is dim.
Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I find it very hard to believe that they aren't already making V2 tops... That would not make much sense... Otherwise, how would they have any idea of what to project?
They projecting no tops replaced until October, I'm sure they just building out the commodities they scheduled and will park these hard tops with the rest until the new tooling in place and cranking out tops.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The way I took it was any FE will be delivered before the end of the year, anything else needs a prayer.
No way they'll all be delivered this year. Ford is only giving themselves a couple months to fix the roof, get mass production rolling, fix ALL the bad Broncos THEN they'll build our FEs.

Hell, it takes 2 months JUST for them to ship a vehicle to me.

They are lying through their teeth if they say they'll all be delivered this year. Built, MAYBE, if we're lucky.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford designed the hard top. They can control that
The question was why not bypass the replacement of delivered Bronco’s hard tops in favor of the ones in the MAP dirt lot.

blacksquatched

Black Diamond
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It says 2 door, FE and WT will only be built with MIC and Yes they will continue to be built for 2021. Is that correct?

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The question was why not bypass the replacement of delivered Bronco’s hard tops in favor of the ones in the MAP dirt lot.
Because those are the ones that people in the wild will see if they all messed up, also the ones that have been paid for and warranty has started on. Everyone wanted first in first out until now.....

tmbonnett

First Edition
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The letter from David Johnson states that this only applies to Broncos built between January 28, 2021 and July 21, 2021. The Service Action states that delivered vehicles will have the top roof PANELS and REAR QUARTER GLASS replaced in the new rear cap.
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 2021BroncoRoofIssue.JPG

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
A few lucky non-FE 2 doors? Just kidding... But fingers crossed🤞

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a VIN, you can't 99 it anymore. You don't really have an option other than wait it out or cancel.
copy that. standing by.... hopefully not forever.

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

I’m cool with it. Glad it’s getting fixed. Tho I had no hope of getting a ‘21 to begin with, so this isn’t exactly a blow.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything goes wrong with yours in the lot (which has a low likelihood) it will be repaired right at the source.

Makes sense to fix what is in customer's hands first and then deal with everything else while it's still at the plant. That's where all the parts are. I'd rather have the plant repair any incidental issues (which, again, aren't likely) than a dealer who has never repaired a Bronco and needs to wait for parts.

It's a bummer to those who are left waiting but it makes the most sense.
This👆. Plus, they know about the water intrusion possibility as well as other problems with the MIC tops. Some in the dirt pit are going to have water intrusion, rodent issues, etc. Those units will not pass QC and will be crushed. The "future owners" of these Broncos will have to have another vehicle built if they can't be repaired and pass QC. The rest of the misfit toys will go out once they have a new top, have had a thorough inspection, and passed QC.

Order holders don't own those vehicles, Ford does. Ford is correctly covering their butts from a legal standpoint. To send them out now with the bad tops would be a legal nightmare for Ford. Presently, we don't own the vehicles and have no real damages other than time and disappointment. Once they are out the door and are owned by someone, the owner has endless potential damages, both actual as well as punitive damages because Ford knew about the problem. There could also be damages that occur at the dealership or whoever else is replacing the tops and glass. Now you have a third party involved in a potential lawsuit. The class actions against Ford would be filed so fast that your head would spin.

In fact, I will make a wager. By the end of today there will already be a class action filed on behalf of the individuals that already received their defective hard tops.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The letter from David Johnson states that this only applies to Broncos built between January 28, 2021 and July 21, 2021. The Service Action states that delivered vehicles will have the top roof PANELS and REAR QUARTER GLASS replaced. It appears that the rear top will not be replaced.
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 2021BroncoRoofIssue.JPG
"new rear cap"

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The letter from David Johnson states that this only applies to Broncos built between January 28, 2021 and July 21, 2021. The Service Action states that delivered vehicles will have the top roof PANELS and REAR QUARTER GLASS replaced. It appears that the rear top will not be replaced.
literally says “ in the new rear cap”
Sponsored