First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So how does a person go about canceling their order all together? Getting my dealership down payment and my $100 reservation fee? Time to buy a jeep!!
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In fact, I will make a wager. By the end of today there will already be a class action filed on behalf of the individuals that already received their defective hard tops.
I would surprised if someone tee'd up a class action on the tops absent some bodily harm or substantial property damage. Not enough money in it. Plus, the manufacturer is entitled some time to fix a disclosed defect.

Trevino

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Price protection for all with orders prior to March 19th!! Really!! I ordered on April 7th and now “I” have to pay for others/your mistakes? WTF FoMoCo

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Blame Covid, blame Webasto, whatever. This vehicle has been in development for YEARS and Ford is just determining now, roughly 8 months AFTER this vehicle should have been in full production, that the supplier they chose cannot build the hard tops in a satisfactory manner? I blame Ford.
Looks like Ford is taking the heat since they're giving the new tooling to Webasto.

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the figures ever (probably wont), will go out on due to this delay, how many people up and cancelled? Its a super unfortunate situation, but would be interested to see those without build dates (myself included), either weather the storm or go with a different vehicle all together.

Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based on the FAQs, it looks like 2-door wildtrak are still expected to be made. Is this true? If so, are two-door MICs more of a problem then 4-door? Not sure why they would be focusing on 2-door if this wasn’t the case, unless it’s just do to the fact that there are so many 4-door orders.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So how does a person go about canceling their order all together? Getting my dealership down payment and my $100 reservation fee? Time to buy a jeep!!
Call your dealer.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Price protection for all with orders prior to March 19th!! Really!! I ordered on April 7th and now “I” have to pay for others/your mistakes? WTF FoMoCo
I agree, anyone allowed to order under the current order bank, with the "idea" you could possibly get a MY21 should have price protection. I have a signed "Deal" so they better honor it even thought it is an order after 3/19

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The letter from David Johnson states that this only applies to Broncos built between January 28, 2021 and July 21, 2021. The Service Action states that delivered vehicles will have the top roof PANELS and REAR QUARTER GLASS replaced. It appears that the rear top will not be replaced.
2021BroncoRoofIssue.JPG
It says "in the new rear cap" right in the service action.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do it in person. Go to your dealer, watch them cancel it with your own eyes, then pocket your $100. This is what i plan on doing once i find a replacement. Surely something will tickle my fancy in the next two years it takes them to build a 7/15/20 reservation.

Sponsored

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone received an email from Ford yet? I haven’t.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would surprised if someone tee'd up a class action on the tops absent some bodily harm or substantial property damage. Not enough money in it. Plus, the manufacturer is entitled some time to fix a disclosed defect.
The class action would have to be limited to those individuals that already received their defective MIC top Broncos. Assuming that a class action is not prohibited by the contract language signed by the buyer, there would be a class certification hearing and it would go to court or arbitration. During the discovery phase, the plaintiffs' class would be looking to show that Ford knew that the tops had serious issues well before they sent the vehicles out and knew that the plaintiffs' class would suffer damages such as actual damage to the vehicle, loss of use, and loss of resale value. I could easily see a class big enough with potential damages in the thousands of dollars per class member to have a lawyer take the case. The media attention alone would force Ford to quickly try and settle any claims.

I didn't mean to imply that the class action would be successful or may ultimately even be allowed class status, but I do stand by my previous statement that someone will have filed a class action claim somewhere in the U.S. by the end of the day. I have seen many class actions filed on less potential damages with a smaller plaintiffs' class.

Last edited:

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like Ford is taking the heat since they're giving the new tooling to Webasto.
Ford knows it is their fault, so they can't really play hard ball...they runnin scared now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do it in person. Go to your dealer, watch them cancel it with your own eyes, then pocket your $100. This is what i plan on doing once i find a replacement. Surely something will tickle my fancy in the next two years it takes them to build a 7/15/20 reservation.
I'm not sure you can force the dealer to cancel the order. They will certainly return the deposit, but it would mess with their allocation if they cancel.
Sponsored