First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ughh…well, we did buy an extended warranty when we purchased it. I was a little apprehensive about not having something long term just because it’s the first model year and I plan on keeping her forever. I’m wondering if I can negotiate either a free or cheaper warranty price after the fact?!
I think it’s extremely rare that a dealer would give someone money back but rare. Pushing for an extended warranty and having a conversation about having a loaner available without having to battle with anyone might be your best move just a suggestion.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It could be a batch specific problem, because the 2.7 has an otherwise solid reputation. I would not be surprised if it was a valve or valve keeper part that is out of spec and allowing it to fail rather unpredictably.
Yes, it's very unusual. I've had two F-150's with 2.7's ( 1st and 2nd gen) and have been on the F150 forums for years. I've never seen these sorts of issues with any significant frequency. Given the small number of broncos out there it is a bit disconcerting.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Given the small number of broncos out there it is a bit disconcerting.
Remember how late in the game it was before ANY Bronco was driven by a non-Ford representative?

Small number out there...and judging by some of the dirt mountain stats, only 10% represented on this forum.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear this happened to your Bronco Kelly. I hope the dealer has you back in the saddle soon.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would interesting to determine if the “ same” cylinder valve is failing on these current 2.7 motors.

OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s extremely rare that a dealer would give someone money back but rare. Pushing for an extended warranty and having a conversation about having a loaner available without having to battle with anyone might be your best move just a suggestion.
I didn’t post on Reddit, but it’s very possible that the tech working on my Bronco did. Interesting though!
Actually, after going through this Reddit thread CAN CONFIRM this is my Bronco. Lol! My husband hooked tow straps to his F-350 and towed my Bronco into the dealer, which is what this tech commented on Reddit. How funny!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t post on Reddit, but it’s very possible that the tech working on my Bronco did. Interesting though!
These comments from the tech are nooooooot promising

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! It’s been fun so far. I’m glad that Ford jumped on it right away with no hassle to replace what needs replacing.
Curious to hear how long it takes to get fixed. I have a bad feeling you might be waiting for a while.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had an issue yesterday with my Badlands 2.7. Bought and picked up on July 21, we’ve put roughly 2400 miles on her (took an awesome trip up to High Rock at the very top of the Keweenaw Peninsula) and everything has been great so far. Yesterday, I noticed some loss of power in acceleration while driving, pulled over and put her in park. Turned off for about 5 minutes and then tried to restart, wouldn’t turn over.
Luckily, this happened about half a mile away from my dealer, so we just hooked a tow strap up and sadly limped her into their service bay.

The dealer called me this morning and said they got ahold of Ford last night. Somehow, somewhere the engine dropped a valve and that Ford is replacing the entire engine….

Anyone else have this experience?
That’s nuts. I have 180,000 hard miles on my 3.5 eco boost in 3 years. Things been great and I’ve heard all good about the 2.7

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always thought the 2.7 to be one of the best Ecoboosts. The CGI block and overall design seems to be robust. There are many units with 200K+ miles.
Sponsored