First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of course it is not me -- it's this messed up system. My issue is not that they have more orders that they can build, it is that they are not being built with any regard to when reservations were taken. I have a lowly optioned 2-door reservation that it appears will go from a 2021, to a 2022, and now a 2023, and that's not even a guarantee at this point.
I’m right here with you. Probably same order as well.

AsooneYeonig

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Journey, 16 Challenger ShakerScatPack, 17 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you new here? This is a well-known fact. When you get your car has much more to do with dealer allocation than when you "reserved" your place in line. Ford's sales pitch was very misleading and this whole process has been botched from a customer perspective. I may be "fair" to dealers, but I could give a crap less about thqt.
I am a day 3 reservation holder. Been lurking here since about a month after that. I have seen a lot of claims from angry people but no proof of this happening. To say it is a well known fact is like saying the flat earth is a well known fact only cause a bunch of people say it is so.

I am asking a simple question. Prove the claim. Without it the claim can be dismissed.

Ford is running a business at the end of the day. They have their policies and procedures. They are a for profit company as well with a board to answer to. They will make decisions outside if our understanding as they are working with information we will never have. I know this as I have worked for large for profit organizations and been part of teams to make decisions that effected others. I always had access to reports and data that was not privy to the public. It was the best to protect the business. To get what the customer needed based on availability. Rarley did it make everyone happy. Those most unhappy made many assumptions that were not true and our data and reports could prove them wrong. We were under no obligation to share our data and we never did. That is how things work.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I finally do get mine I'll be scared to get in an accident because God knows when I could get another one.

10/01/2020 reservation

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a day 3 reservation holder. Been lurking here since about a month after that. I have seen a lot of claims from angry people but no proof of this happening. To say it is a well known fact is like saying the flat earth is a well known fact only cause a bunch of people say it is so.

I am asking a simple question. Prove the claim. Without it the claim can be dismissed.

Ford is running a business at the end of the day. They have their policies and procedures. They are a for profit company as well with a board to answer to. They will make decisions outside if our understanding as they are working with information we will never have. I know this as I have worked for large for profit organizations and been part of teams to make decisions that effected others. I always had access to reports and data that was not privy to the public. It was the best to protect the business. To get what the customer needed based on availability. Rarley did it make everyone happy. Those most unhappy made many assumptions that were not true and our data and reports could prove them wrong. We were under no obligation to share our data and we never did. That is how things work.
You're completely missing the point. No one is arguing that Ford should not have made decisions that help the business. We're saying that the decisions they made went against promises they made to reservation holders and, more specifically, that the reservation date now has little to nothing to do with when a customer will have his/her Bronco produced. We would have preferred they had either never used a reservation system in the first place if they couldn't output vehicles using the reservation system as a scheduler or two, that they made decisions after the fact that had a lesser impact on the original reservation holder.

And once again, the proof is that those of us with day 1 reservations or any reservation for that matter are still not produced while like for like identical builds are going to other customers because, as others have already said here to you, dealer allocation is more important than reservation time stamp in prioritizing production.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Allocation isn't even a consideration at this point because it's clear they can't build what's in the system now. The majority of the problematic orders are higher trim, more complex option units.
Yes, this is why I can't get a VIN for my Base model. The AUX switches make it a high trim.

My dealership says they see no rhyme nor reason to what they get, other than the fact that customers who ordered soft tops are more likely to get orders. Also automatic transmissions. I also suspect that, being in the Phoenix Metro, they got more soft top orders than the national average.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is expected to start 2023 MY Bronco ordering 8/15. Some dealers are taking pre-orders to help get customers early in line. Check with your dealer.

Ford Bronco 2023 MY Bronco Order Bank Opens 8/15 1653495239276
After almost 700 days so far since reservation, maybe 3rd time lucky?.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen people with day 1 orders make a walk in elsewhere and get the walk in and still no day 1 order

or am I misreading your question

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NOT ME....I AM DONE.
good- we all have to draw a line somewhere- life is too short- i'm still hanging in waiting for my dirt mountain bronco which will be the better part of a year old by the time i get it but i'm done with ford after that. really looking forward to some cool other options like the cybertruck and the vw scout in a few years

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I agree -- Ford is doing what is best for Ford. They are not doing what they said they were going to do, nor are they doing what is fair for customers.

The evidence of this is all over the place. Yes -- my exact build has been delivered long ago to other people and I still have no VIN. No one is seriously suggesting (anymore) that Ford is building what they can in reservation order.

This is an internet car forum, not a court of law or a science lab. I'm satisfied I know what is going on. If you need more proof, you can do your own research. This forum is a good place to start.

Greg Davis

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sell Land Rovers and when we had 2022 Defenders on order and they switched to the 2023's, we had to convert the 22 model years to 23's so this is common practice.

My question is: Since I don't even have a build/production date for my '22 BaseSquatch, will it most likely become a '23?

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many day one/two reservation holders are still out there waiting?
7/14/20 res... 1/31/21 order... 10/15/21 MY22 reorder... BD SAS, MID, MIC, tow... still waiting
Sponsored