FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never considered it being "too hot" or "too humid" for a convertible! It's humid up here in the summer, and snows half the year, but otherwise I think I'll have the top off for 3 straight months in the summer when I finally get one!
One of the few downsides of living in Texas I suppose. Heat index around 110° isn't unusual here, especially this summer with the damn back-to-back high pressure systems parked over us all last month. Being outside without shade right now, it doesn't take long to approach the line that separates unpleasant and unsafe.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m bummed about the lack of 3rd row option too. Not sure what to go with now, maybe the current gen 4Runner before they update it since I’m not sure the 3rd row will make it to the redesign of that platform.

Or just find a Telluride and be done with it.
CX-90 and Lexus TX look appealing as they’re both PHEVs. Do fear that the TX with the plug is gonna be crazy priced.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I maybe an oddity but to me, it looks ugly and unfinished for the price that it’s going to go for… especially the round headlight version.

sticking with bronco

Not a proper Bronco competitor, maybe to not steal the 4runner's thunder?

Where's the 2dr option, the manual, the removable door and roofs? I forgot this was the same thing as the FJ's, so talk about dropping the ball

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One of the few downsides of living in Texas I suppose. Heat index around 110° isn't unusual here, especially this summer with the damn back-to-back high pressure systems parked over us all last month. Being outside without shade right now, it doesn't take long to approach the line that separates unpleasant and unsafe.
I lived outside Corpus for about 5 years with a convertible, the seasons down there for top-down driving are definitely reversed from anywhere else I've been ... summer is too damn hot!!!

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the 70 is the only version to get 😬

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That grill reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on...........and not in a good way

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow all 6 people in the audience clapped when it was revealed 👍

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that's so interesting to me. That is the feature I want the Bronco for - a comfortable convertible that can seat 4+ comfortably.
Yeah, it seems like that's the kicker. Not sure I'd want to get the Bronco if I wasn't going to take the top off. Especially with all the top issues they've had.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of my ideal 4x4, I wanted 35in tires, a front locker, an AWD mode, and for it to not be a Jeep. The only other options that checked these boxes were trucks. The 2Dr option of the Bronco was a major selling point for me. I wish the bronco DIDN'T come with a removable roof. I don't take the roof off often enough to justify the road noise. I have been very happy with most other things.

The Land Cruiser *almost* satisfies these. Full time 4WD with center locker is my preferred system. Rear locker is great, missing the front locker though. 33in tires from the factory I think? We will have to see how hard 35's are to put on. Disconnecting sway bar, solid rear axle, Toyota build quality. Very happy to see such a competitive option in this space that isn't a Jeep. I think we can all thank the Bronco for lighting a fire under Toyota's ass to innovate and keep up with the times.

Now, if only Suzuki would re-enter NA and bring the Jimney....Oh and for Land Rover to not suck ass.

Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve owned a couple FJ60’s, an LX FJ80, LX FJ100 plus the reissued FJ40 and I’m pretty certain I’ll own the new Land Cruiser. Not knocking the Bronco as it’s a very capable vehicle - especially is Sasquatch form - but it’s got a long road to earn the same prestige as the venerable Land Cruiser badge.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks great, nice retro-feel to it, and they are clearly IMHO targeting the Bronco: disco sway bar, crawler gear, 2400w inverter for a powered fridge. And of course Toyo reliability.

What kills it for me is no manual tranny, and the hybrid system. I think my brother is going to get it when it comes available. He has a 1998 model that still runs great but emailed me about the new LC today. It would be fun to go side-by-side in MT. Will see if Toyo's supply chain is better than Ford's in getting them out there in volume.