First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a kid, I bought a new 1991 land cruiser, using the excuse to bring home my first born son and have something uber solid and cool. It was a fantastic and safe family hauler and possibly had the longest tenure of all vehicles I have owned in my life, 4 yrs. I switched to suburbans after (while having a jeep or other toy in the stable).
LOL, the SHORTEST tenure for the 3 cars I have owned in my life is my Bronco because it is only a little over a year old. My 2 prior cars were/are both 18 years old (OG Acura Integra 1986-2004 300K miles RIP... and 2004 BMW 330i 170k miles and it is still in the stable and running strong). I feel very lucky to have owned such reliable cars, and can only hope that the Bronco will last as long (I hope it does) because it has been a blast to drive.
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Calling a known Msrp dealer tomorrow to see if they’ll take my deposit for a base 1958.

shervin

Wildtrak
First Name
Shervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To me this is more of a 4Runner replacement. GX, LX and Land Cruiser were competing. Now they have the Lexus for the high end, Land Cruiser for serious off-road and maybe the new 4Runner as a softer one.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmm. This does nothing for me. I keep looking at it wondering if I could find anything I like and …no. When I first saw the Bronco, my heart went “pitter patter”. No joke. It still does every time I look at it. I am so happy with my 2 door big bend with my upgrades. Glad I got the 2.7l - the bronco is fast…and the Mid Package. I was lucky to get mine in April 2022. I think I’d be priced out with increases and interest rates. And if I was going to pay 55-70k for a vehicle, it would just be a higher level bronco trim.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unpopular Opinion:

Toyota does not intend to sell many of these here. They'll infinitely constrain supply and only allocate a small percentage of production for the US.

Back of the envelope prediction: 2025 4runner is close to the same size, made in Mexico, and more American-centric like the Tacoma, Tundra, and Sequoia.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is traveling to Miami really that difficult, I drove my family to Florida twice in a Kia Soul. :)

Good Lord man. What would the neighbors say if you showed up in a Kia?

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really comparable IMO no V6, 35s still look to be a massive undertaking (I may be proven wrong but 35s have never been in toyotas designs) longer wheel base, it looks more like a mall crawler to me. I'll bet the 2nd or 3rd gen may give the bronco a run....... Give it a few years in the US market and then we will see.......

Sponsored

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL, the SHORTEST tenure for the 3 cars I have owned in my life is my Bronco because it is only a little over a year old. My 2 prior cars were/are both 18 years old (OG Acura Integra 1986-2004 300K miles RIP... and 2004 BMW 330i 170k miles and it is still in the stable and running strong). I feel very lucky to have owned such reliable cars, and can only hope that the Bronco will last as long (I hope it does) because it has been a blast to drive.
Yep, I like variety :) The bronco feels like a keeper for me though, time will tell!

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BASE model starts at mid 50,000s. I'd say Ford doesn't have to worry much.
I think it'll take a bite out of 4 door sales for sure.

It needs to be compared to higher trim level which in the bronco line up is similarly priced. Comes standard with rear locking differential, what model bronco has that included?

To my mind the big difference is the land cruiser has an actual hard top and I suspect it'll have decently quiet interior. I can tolerate my 2 door bronco's noise level but will always wish it had a permanent hard top with sound insulation.

Fuel economy for the land cruiser is going be significantly better than the bronco.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a proper Bronco competitor, maybe to not steal the 4runner's thunder?

Where's the 2dr option, the manual, the removable door and roofs? I forgot this was the same thing as the FJ's, so talk about dropping the ball
Their 70 series has all that. Not sold here but Americans don'y buy enough manuals anyway!

2 door bronco, especially base model, still stands alone imo and is the best deal on a genuine 4x4 in the US!

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their 70 series has all that. Not sold here but Americans don'y buy enough manuals anyway!

2 door bronco, especially base model, still stands alone imo and is the best deal on a genuine 4x4 in the US!
25yr rule, I can import one as well. Id rock a LJ70 with a turbo diesel

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

And someday, maybe - just maybe - some of us will actually be able to order one before losing interest entirely....
Sponsored