Sponsored

2nd Thoughts about the Bronco Sport? - Will You Consider Switching from the Bronco?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife laughed when i showed her the sport.

Rickycardo

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Thor Motorhome RV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted the Sport, badlands+badlands package was perfect for my needs, except.
I can't tow it behind our RV. My next vehicle has to be towable and I really don't want a Jeep. I either pick up a big Bronco, maybe BB, or wait to see if the Sport is towable in 2022. If Ford wants to compete with the Cherokee then it needs to be able to be flat towed or even dolly towable.
I know I will have sticker shock with the Bronco but I just can't drive a car I don't want.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
@North7 missed opportunity for a poll!

To answer this thought-provoking question, Iā€™d like to offer up one of my cheeky analogies/metaphors.

The Bronco Sport looks to be that shy, conservative girl/guy that had braces in grade school, but found themselves embracing their body as they matured past adolescence into marry material that will be loyal to your member for life and keep you happy as you grey into seniority as the looks fade and the personality brightens.

The Bronco on the other hand; had no problems putting themselves out there at a young age and used their sexual appeal to lure suspect, vulnerable humans into their life for a quick fix only to have left you broken in the end. You did for a moment, embrace the superficial aesthetic and often do reminisce on those days as theyā€™re long past you.

Now I donā€™t know if this answered anything, but I do feel a bit empty inside for some reason.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@North7 missed opportunity for a poll!

To answer this thought-provoking question, Iā€™d like to offer up one of my cheeky analogies/metaphors.

The Bronco Sport looks to be that shy, conservative girl/guy that had braces in grade school, but found themselves embracing their body as they matured past adolescence into marry material that will be loyal to your member for life and keep you happy as you grey into seniority as the looks fade and the personality brightens.

The Bronco on the other hand; had no problems putting themselves out there at a young age and used their sexual appeal to lure suspect, vulnerable humans into their life for a quick fix only to have left you broken in the end. You did for a moment, embrace the superficial aesthetic and often do reminisce on those days as theyā€™re long past you.

Now I donā€™t know if this answered anything, but I do feel a bit empty inside for some reason.
Sounds like your talking about those who will buy their Bronco with little money down, load it up with options and accessories and then struggle to make the payments.

Soon, their Bronco will walk away with their new love, Repossessions Unlimited, and the jilted will shed a tear ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Sport Badlands is really good looking. However, looking at both engines I like the performance of 2.0, but 1.5 looks like it will be more reliable. Just saying. When I was growing up my neighbor had a 75 Bronco yellow with a white top and I wish it was an option with the big boy Bronco, but it is not. I have always wanted that Bronco. Great question, but I will pass.

Deleted member 3063

It's a definite maybe.
All the time I've been big Bronco dreaming there was the nagging feeling that I'd miss my Raptor.
Honestly the Sport will get done everything I'd need done for $10K less even for the Badlands and won't have to hit the savings account as hard. Top that with less operating costs (fuel and insurance) and more comfort it is a viable fun DD and I can keep the Rap.
My main concern is interior room at this point.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A few comments on the Bronco ride quality and a comparison to the Bronco Sport ride quality:
curious about overall ride quality compared to the JL wrangler - softer over bumps, stiffer? cadillac or soap box? also curious about seats - I am primarily a daily driver/beach cruiser so comfort is an interest
It was rough and bouncy compared to the Bronco Sport. But we were also driving faster and over tougher terrain.

Iā€™ve driven the JK and JL. Iā€™d say it soaks bumps, rocks, etc much better than a Wrangler. This did have the Sasquatch package though. Those shocks probably help.

I think the Bronco is more versatile than the Wrangler. On sand and flat dirt areas it was much more comfortable, in terms of ride quality, than a Wrangler. The build quality should be better too. I would much prefer the Bronco as a daily driver. However, the Sport is much softer. Thatā€™s too be expected though.

Sponsored

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco Sport FE on order for my wife (replacing Subaru Forester). I still have a couple of years before retiring, I hope to get into a 2/4 door before I give my F150 back to the fleet company.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see my wife getting one for a replacement. Not to say that it's femanine or anything. But I think she would like it and it has a lot more trunk space for hauling crap the 2 door won't have.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all the great reviews out today on the Bronco and Bronco Sport, what is surprising to many is how capable the Bronco Sport turns out to be, after most had written it off. Below I've listed some of today's positive Bronco Sport reviews, once you read through these highlights, I'm wondering if it has gotten any others to reconsider their Bronco decision, but more on that at the end of the post.

Here is the ride-along report from a Bronco6G forum member, from this thread:
2.7L Bronco Sasquatch Ride Along In-Depth Review by Bronco6G Member

Interesting observations of some of the Bronco6g forum members in reaction to the Sport Ride-Along report:

From the Bronco reviews thread, here are a few stand out points from the Sport reviews:
2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)!

So taking into account some of the above information, has it done anything to sway your Bronco purchase decision towards the Bronco Sport Badlands model?

For me, after reading and watching these Bronco Sport Badlands reviews, I want to learn more about it. I have to wonder, maybe the Sport will really provide me with more than enough off-road capability for what I would most likely use it for. Don't get me wrong, the Bronco 4 door Badlands is still my first love, and of course the Bronco will give me way more capability and features.

But now it seems it gives me more to consider, for example, I would be fine without the removable roof, as I would seldom, if ever, take it off. It will be interesting to compare a fully kitted out Bronco Badlands to a fully kitted out Bronco Sport Badlands, once of course the Build & Price website comes online. With all the options and accessories we want, who knows how that will sway our decisions?

2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept.jpg

Here is the link to the Sport reviews on the sister Bronco Sport Forum:
2021 Bronco Sport First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)!

Here is a good video of the Sport taking on Moab:
Video: Bronco Sport Proves Impressive Off-Road Abilities at Moab
You are making many rational points. Even if you are a heavy duty offroader, the majority of the time, you will be on pavement, where the Sport will be more comfortable. I did not say better, just more comfortable.

My wife's MKS is more comfortable than my Mustang manual transmission convertible. The Lincoln is so easy to drive, park, accelerate onto highway ramps, etc. I love driving both of our vehicles, perhaps because they are so different. I am willing to put up with the degree of difficulty and discomfort with my Mustang when I am driving because I love the times I can get through all six gears and hear that exhaust note and then take on a curve or a hill that I have learned to drive up perfectly.

Also, there is nothing like taking my wife down the country roads on a perfect Summer right with the top down on the Mustang to get a pizza 20 miles away that we eat right in the car parallel parked on the street (no sidewalk seat required). The open air element makes it an "experiential vehicle" in a way that a "closed" vehicle cannot match.

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe.
I want a Bronco, but the Sport may get considered.
The Sport has the advantage of more cargo space (vs 2 dr) that will fit my mountain bike, A roof that won't rattle/squeek/leak (tbd), possibly better mpg and road manners (tbd), and will be available much sooner than a Bronco. It looks very comparable to my present 2001 XJ Cherokee and could be the ideal replacement.
Price for a Sport Badlands is comparable to a Bronco Base w/2.7 at around $35k.
But I just can't get excited about the Sport.
Hoping by the time the order deadline comes in December I'll be able to see each of them in person. At least we will have more drive reports by then.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonā€™t but I agree, the capability of the bronco sport is very high. If they had a hybrid option Iā€™d buy both and use it as a daily.
Sponsored