Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would a tire jack typically be able to be used on a vehicle with 35s? Do you expect that the bronco jack is big enough to handle a bronco with Sas?
Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the rear of the bronco the jack just has to get to the axle tube. On the front, maybe there will be a spot on the lower control arm? A wrangler is easy--axle tubes all the way around.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if I can go Black Diamond and add the 33" KO2s from the Badlands... might be a dealer question.
I'm wanting to do this with a Big Bend 4 door, actually hoping that "High Lift" package is a real thing.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would a tire jack typically be able to be used on a vehicle with 35s? Do you expect that the bronco jack is big enough to handle a bronco with Sas?
The real question is.....can you handle a 100 lb tire/wheel combo. Keeping my AAA membership is going to make a lot of sense

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The real question is.....can you handle a 100 lb tire/wheel combo. Keeping my AAA membership is going to make a lot of sense
Lol yeah good point. I think I could but I may need a bronco support group to call for a spot

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Steel are 7.5in and aluminum are 8in. 285s are generally as wide as you can go on 7.5. 20mm won’t be enough to really change looks or be a rubbing issue because it only sticks out 10mm farther. They will be taller by about .5 inch though.

The Generals on the BD are 31.6 inches. I think some will be disappointed.
I wonder why they put that size on the Black Diamond? Makes no sense. Especially since the cheaper Big Bend has slightly bigger. Weird. They should have just put the 33s on all of them.

JustPlainJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I selected the Badlands. I’ve been trying to decide, too, whether to ‘Squatch or not to Squatch. The upside for staying with the 33’s that I can determine are: more articulation, less weight, better handling and faster gearing on the highway, less noise and less cost when replacing. But the look of those 35’s though...

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
For reference, it seems a set of 5 KO2s costs around $2500 with basic aluminum wheels.
How much are you estimating for rim cost?

I bought Four(4) KO2 37x12.5r17 for under $1,500 with discount tire warranty certifications.

Unless your rims add that much to the cost.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I selected the Badlands. I’ve been trying to decide, too, whether to ‘Squatch or not to Squatch. The upside for staying with the 33’s that I can determine are: more articulation, less weight, better handling and faster gearing on the highway, less noise and less cost when replacing. But the look of those 35’s though...
Mostly same...I reserved the WildTrak but really considering switching to the Badlands w/o Squatch for all the reasons you mentioned. Everything logical says to go with the 33s, but damn if it doesn't look amazing on the 35s.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you go with the Sasquatch the gearing advantage should more than make up, if not even improve on making it faster through the gears.

Sponsored

JustPlainJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...33’s with the ( 2 inch?) lift option... Cool or stupid?

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive around on the road with 33" KO2s on my wrangler (load range D). The stated tire size is 34x10.5, but they measure 33". Many 35x12.5 tires don't measure more than 34" when mounted. I like pizza cutters or tall thin tires. The weight and noise and crappy wear on 12.5" and other wide tires isn't for me. If I'm going offroad I usually put the OEM 32" KMs back on my wrangler (load range C). They are more aggressive and work very well when aired down. I'm not driving the wrangler as much as I used to, so I may eventually just put on 1 ton axles and 37" tires just for the hell of it. Then I'll get a trailer and haul it behind the F150 to the more difficult trails. Tires cost too much to be wearing them out very often. :cry:
Tall skinny tires are my jam. Highly underrated in my opinion.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tall skinny tires are my jam. Highly underrated in my opinion.

I guess it's all relative what's considered skinny these days. I like a 255/75/17 or 255/80/17 for all around use on anything that's not full size.

To me, skinny, AKA pizza cutter, is 235/85/16s.
Sponsored