Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y

You changed your turbos out for the 400whp? And is that necessary for the 2.3?
No he didnt, but hes assuming you might need to. I would assume that as well. Unless you want to try and run 40psi of boost...lol
Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No he didnt, but hes assuming you might need to. I would assume that as well. Unless you want to try and run 40psi of boost...lol
Oof. Sadness.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oof. Sadness.
Built block 2.3ā€™s with big turbos can go well north of 700 WHP. I think on the stock block you can do 450 WHP safely, but donā€™t quote me on that. Itā€™s a super capable motor, especially with all the aftermarket for them.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet it flies man. I'd be up for this, but I would want to keep mine mechanically stock. Just a full E85 tune. I wonder how much the mods helped over what it would do just straight up stock? Also you can enable the ARF gauge in forscan under the IPM controller I think is where it is.
Hard to say for sure, but if you look at similar Sasquatch 2.7L Broncos on a Dyno Jet they pull between 250-260 WHP and 320-340 WTQ. Like @2020FordRaptor said, I would at least install an aftermarket IC. CV Fab has them for under $600 shipped.
If I understood @BadmansSAS correctly he was wondering how much gain would be from tune&fuel only with no hardware changes. I am wondering the same. My guess is the very vast majority. Thoughts @MWILD ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I understood @BadmansSAS correctly he was wondering how much gain would be from tune&fuel only with no hardware changes. I am wondering the same. My guess is the very vast majority. Thoughts @MWILD ?
Yikes, Iā€™m reading that back and now realizing that I didnā€™t give any sort of answer šŸ˜

That said, itā€™s hard to say for sure, but I would guess both the 93 and E85 tune would lose about 15-20 HP and around 20-30 TQ if you were completely stock.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. Those are good gains. I am surprised not surprised how much e85 added.

I wonder where I would end up as I have the charge pipes and downpipes. Plus all the other mods you have. The only mod I am waiting on now is the intercooler, as I want to get the Injen one.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. Those are good gains. I am surprised not surprised how much e85 added.

I wonder where I would end up as I have the charge pipes and downpipes. Plus all the other mods you have. The only mod I am waiting on now is the intercooler, as I want to get the Injen one.
Realistically its the octane that E85 offers that allows tuners to really add timing in, and much more agressively as well. But the honest truth is you really dont need to run full E85 to get the full benefit of e85. You really will get all the benefits from say e50ish vs full E85. The only difference is its 10x easier to just pump in straight up e85 from the pump rather than trying to blend it with 93 pump gas to reach that e50 number. But really, e50 is where the octane gains allowing more timing really end.

Now if you were running a flex fuel sensor setup like the GM cars do and they feed that live correct percentage to the PCM, then you could just run a gauge and ball park the e mix until you get the correct blend. You learn about how much E you need per tank depending on where you are tank percentage and volume at the time of fill up.

But there is nothing easier than just pump and go. You are giving up a bunch of fuel mileage for it though seeing how pump e10 stoich is 14.08 and E85 stoich is 9.8. Thats a big change is fuel volume just at idle, let alone .80-.82 lambda at wide open throttle. Could been even worse like .78 lambda at WOT if the broncos prefer their WOT afr a bit richer. Thats a WOT stoich of 7.85 and thats almost double the fuel demand of pump e10 at idle to E85 at WOT. This is why e50 is preferred if you can get the blend right. Thats quite a bit less fuel volume demand vs straight E85 for nothing more than the conveinence of just pumping and go vs calculating an e blend. Sorry went off the rails on that post. lol

Last edited:

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built block 2.3ā€™s with big turbos can go well north of 700 WHP. I think on the stock block you can do 450 WHP safely, but donā€™t quote me on that. Itā€™s a super capable motor, especially with all the aftermarket for them.
Ken-Bob Block seems to get good use outta the 2.3L...or izzat the 1.6L?!?

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello friends,

Wanted to share my recent dyno results. I spent a lot of time making sure we got numbers with the stock calibration, ZFG 93 tune, and their E85 tune. We had to drain the tank and use a custom tune to allow the fuel pump to run so we could swap to E85. The 2.7L Ecoboost can run full E85 with the ZFG Racing custom tune without the need for a HPFP.

Big thanks to Adam @ZFGracing

Here's a breakdown of the mods that are installed on my Bronco.

2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch 2.7L

List of performance mods:

• HP Tuners MPVI3 w/ ZFG Racing Custom Tune
  • CV Fabrication Intercooler
  • CV Fabrication 3" Cat back Exhaust
  • Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake System - EVO9301
  • Turbosmart Kompact EM VR19 Dual port BOV
  • NGK 95605 plugs gapped to .028
  • BMS Pedal Tuner

So basically, Intake, exhaust, Intercooler and tune.

I will go back to the dyno after I add Down-pipes and charge-pipes.

Here are the results:

• Stock calibration w/93 Octane
  • ZFG Racing 93 Tune
  • ZFG Racing E85 Tune

Dyno Chart.png

Here's a video of the runs:

With the E85 tune:
  • 0-60 in 4.3s
  • 1/4 mile in 12.9s
  • (Via Dragy)

rock on brother

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
@MWILD well done, selling off any of your previous tuners?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello friends,

Wanted to share my recent dyno results. I spent a lot of time making sure we got numbers with the stock calibration, ZFG 93 tune, and their E85 tune. We had to drain the tank and use a custom tune to allow the fuel pump to run so we could swap to E85. The 2.7L Ecoboost can run full E85 with the ZFG Racing custom tune without the need for a HPFP.

Big thanks to Adam @ZFGracing

Here's a breakdown of the mods that are installed on my Bronco.

2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch 2.7L

List of performance mods:

• HP Tuners MPVI3 w/ ZFG Racing Custom Tune
  • CV Fabrication Intercooler
  • CV Fabrication 3" Cat back Exhaust
  • Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake System - EVO9301
  • Turbosmart Kompact EM VR19 Dual port BOV
  • NGK 95605 plugs gapped to .028
  • BMS Pedal Tuner

So basically, Intake, exhaust, Intercooler and tune.

I will go back to the dyno after I add Down-pipes and charge-pipes.

Here are the results:

• Stock calibration w/93 Octane
  • ZFG Racing 93 Tune
  • ZFG Racing E85 Tune

Dyno Chart.png

Here's a video of the runs:

With the E85 tune:
  • 0-60 in 4.3s
  • 1/4 mile in 12.9s
  • (Via Dragy)

Dude, that's gnarly. 400 WHP is more than the Raptor is bringing to the table. I swear, I am beyond tempted to do this, even though I have absolutely no need for that much power in my Bronco.

Well done.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude, that's gnarly. 400 WHP is more than the Raptor is bringing to the table. I swear, I am beyond tempted to do this, even though I have absolutely no need for that much power in my Bronco.

Well done.
Thanks!

Yup, and thereā€™s more headroom with a down-pipe, though if I wanna see 500+ WHP Iā€™m gonna need to swap the turbos. Then Iā€™m gonna start worrying about the transmission and drivetrain.

The Braptor is expected to see 75-100 WHP gains on the 93 tune and 150 WHP or so on E50. Should be enough to easily beat a Wrangler 392.

Last edited:

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What AFR or lambda are you targeting at WOT since that motor is using direct injection. I find it interesting that the factory fuel system is able to keep up with the fuel amount needed with E85.
Sponsored