Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I haven’t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that they’d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto won’t answer questions point blank about what’s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they can’t build some molded plastic.
Yet here we are, no Webasto modular hardtops, limited capability for MIC tops. Your information seems very dated as it does not align with what is before our eyes. Please use your journalist sources to see what you can dig up. It will be great feedback here and you can make some good youtube content out of it.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now I wish they'd just tell us what shade of green they're adding. That's the only thing we're holding out for. If it's a shade she doesn't like, we'll do white and potentially get a 21.

At this point it's best to pretend modtops never existed

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe you should read the statement again and stop the whining.
As long as they continue to offer you options you aren’t cut off. It’s up to you to accept the options. But it’s not up to them to cater to everyone’s whims. The fact they are going to offer the hardtop kit shows they are listening. The fact that a lot of people are still whining probably means they’ll stop listening.
Whims and whining? This thread, of all others over the past year, gives license from Ford to allow people to voice their feelings all they want. Many people have plans, financial, leases, or family that drive their needs and now Ford has taken yet another item away from their plans.

Allow people to vent, you don't need to make it seem like you work for Ford or a Ford Marketing company trying to be an apologist for them, unless of course that is your job, if it is, you need to know your audience better.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read that a little differently. The answer to the question about 2 door orders leads me to believe that most 2 door orders could be filled this year with SOME getting pushed to 22. Maybe, I'm reading too much into the way they structured the sentence and word usage, but I hope not. A hazard of my trade.
Hoping you are correct. My concern given hardtop issues, anyone wanting 2 or 4 door is looking at that pushing delivery back. I mean MIC already we know drags 4-door out.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whims and whining? This thread, of all others over the past year, gives license from Ford to allow people to voice their feelings all they want. Many people have plans, financial, leases, or family that drive their needs and now Ford has taken yet another item away from their plans.

Allow people to vent, you don't need to make it seem like you work for Ford or a Ford Marketing company trying to be an apologist for them, unless of course that is your job, if it is, you need to know your audience better.
Why is it that when anyone tells people to stop whining they are called out as working for Ford? It’s entirely possible that there are people out there that don’t whine.

Sponsored

FireGuy1182

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150, 2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a day one 2dr Wildtrak order with all the taboo items included. The bad news keep coming but it is what it is. We have no control of it. It seems they want to take care of the family truckster (4 door) over what the Bronco was built on! it seems Ford Is seriously forgetting about that! Thats one of the main reasons why I am patiently awaiting my 2 Door! Plus, if they wanted to make it equal then they would have offered all 2 Door Broncos the option of getting a soft top as well. This is just my opinion but bad customer service for sure!
I guess I’ll wait and save more money and probably have it paid off before it’s in my driveway.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been a Ford guy for 15 years and want this Bronco more than anything, but my wife and I have been splitting time with 1 car since Sept. Not sure I can hold out much longer. I've never been a Not a Jeep guy, especially since never models are more comfortable, just wanted the bronco. It's so friggen awesome, loved seeing it person, but if my only interaction is seeing it and not having it, especially for months and months and months down the road, I'm leaning toward a Wrangler so I can enjoy my summer with a top off and the doors off. It's getting really close for me to pull the trigger and just get a bronco in a couple years. Ford really screwed this one up.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why is it that when anyone tells people to stop whining they are called out as working for Ford? It’s entirely possible that there are people out there that don’t whine.
You are correct, those people are all over on the Bronco Nation forum.

Athelstan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hoping you are correct. My concern given hardtop issues, anyone wanting 2 or 4 door is looking at that pushing delivery back. I mean MIC already we know drags 4-door out.

Yea, I guess we have to see how it all plays out. So far, not good.
But, I would rather be optimistic than not. Maybe, they put more into the 2 doors because less orders for the 2 door and at least they can make some people happy. Reading these forums, very few happy people right now.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they make the aftermarket MIC affordable for reservation holders, I’ll change to soft top and just relax about the whole thing. I couldn’t get through this whole thread, so does anyone know what a MIC might cost if I opt for a soft top and conversion kit?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, I guess we have to see how it all plays out. So far, not good.
But, I would rather be optimistic than not. Maybe, they put more into the 2 doors because less orders for the 2 door and at least they can make some people happy. Reading these forums, very few happy people right now.
fyi, this is from a Granger Ford rep on a different thread, when asked about the 2-door MIC situation vs 4-door soft top work around: "There isn't a good 2 door solution outside of waiting for your turn with the MIC."

That is why I suspect MIC hardtop will push some 2-door deliveries even further back in time. :(

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a lawyer for corporations (mainly defense), I can assure you that unscrupulous plaintiffs’ attorneys have an infinite ability to manufacture bs claims in their search for a payday. Their strategy is not to win at trial, but to run up their fees and get a settlement that pays those fees (and some paltry sum to the class members).

This is one of the reasons why I hate seeing class action lawsuits, because the only people who benefit frequently are the lawyers.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are you saying that this Mic Top shortage is staged on purpose by Ford so they can bypass reservation orders??? And is Webasto part of Fords plan to intentionally bypass reservation holders???
Did I say that?

Ford has had plenty of time(the last 3 years at least) to ramp up production top manufacturing of 50k units plus.

Ford knew all along they needed to get Broncos to dealers before the end of the year which is why I found the reservations first statement so bold. Sure enough they found a way to do just this!
Ford wants to produce Broncos for sale, in whatever way makes sense in terms of parts availability and production line constraints. That has always been the case.

Ford was never going to dink around trying to deliver every "reserved" Bronco, before any others go for sale.

And frankly, I'll be happy to see Broncos selling to non reservation holders, because &$#+@ Ford's reservation sales/marketing scheme.
They have Sold Broncos already, now they want the Broncos on the lots ASAP to bring in even more buyers, while the reservations just wait.
Time for a JL!
No smart ass. They said every Thursday they would provide scheduling emails. So yes, when they say “no scheduling emails this week” we all know what they are doing, not scheduling.
Is that why one was scheduled and given a vin this Friday?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allow people to vent…
The Five Stages of Grief:
  1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance
Trust the process. ;)

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit CF5D387C-F726-4AA8-BC98-276685E72829