RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can see the sh*t eating grin on my salesman’s snarky face….him, and those like him are popping corks on their top shelf celebratory hooch, in anticipation of all the run of the mill soft top Broncos they’ll be able to charge a kings ransom for.
Yep, it’s gonna be great seeing new Broncos around town driven by people who just walked into a dealership and wrote a fat check while those of us who put in a reservation a year ago sit on our thumbs and spin for 6+ more months. As a first-time Ford buyer I’ve gone from unimpressed to downright hateful.
Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received this email. My build week was July 26 and now I just received update email from Ford that my build date has been moved up to July 19!

So apparently because of shutdown I’m now getting a week early. Had fingers crossed this might happen but never thought it actually would. Extremely lucky and grateful.

EO74

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing jeep can produce these even with "covid" going on but ford can't figure out the hard tops WTF!!
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 20210627_084550

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 20210627_083646

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 20210627_085235
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 20210627_085248
Not sure I'm willing to wait till 2023 for the body color mod top and for 50k im not settling for less.. Honestly if the gladiator was offered as hybrid in these colors I'd be sold today....F u Ford for relentlessly crushing our dream builds....

Sponsored

CooterBrown

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, it’s gonna be great seeing new Broncos around town driven by people who just walked into a dealership and wrote a fat check while those of us who put in a reservation a year ago sit on our thumbs and spin for 6+ more months. As a first-time Ford buyer I’ve gone from unimpressed to downright hateful.
Have you seen any big Broncos on the dealer lots or on the road? Seeing a lot of Bronco Sports by me but no big ones yet.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you keep the order with what you want. All manufactures of cars and parts are behind production due to raw materials, lack of skilled labor and logistics/transportation bottlenecks.
Shutting dow the economy and now the easy money from the government to not work makes it very challenging. In time these issues will resolve themselves. But this takes time.

We all want our Broncos but more importantly we want a quality vehicle for the long haul.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Amazing jeep can produce these even with "covid" going on but ford can't figure out the hard tops WTF!!
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 20210627_085248

Not sure I'm willing to wait till 2023 for the body color mod top and for 50k im not settling for less.. Honestly if the gladiator was offered as hybrid in these colors I'd be sold today....F u Ford for relentlessly crushing our dream builds....
I don’t trust Ford hybrids. I had a Ford Escape Hybrid with 85k miles over 10 years old. Battery died and Ford quoted me 9,200 for the hybrid battery plus 1,200 to install it. I called Ford Corp and they told me I was out of warranty for the battery and basically F’d. The car was worth less than the cost of a new battery. So at 10 years old they consider their hybrids at end of life!!! I will never buy a hybrid without a warranty and if forced to in CA, will ditch before warranty expires. Do your research on their hybrids and you will find loads of horror stories about hybrids. Total horse dukes!!

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet here we are, no Webasto modular hardtops, limited capability for MIC tops. Your information seems very dated as it does not align with what is before our eyes. Please use your journalist sources to see what you can dig up. It will be great feedback here and you can make some good youtube content out of it.
TFL may not want to rub Big Corp FOMO the wrong way, even if the story is true.... it may not be in TFL's favor moving forward.

Sponsored

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I answered the question. To be clear, I think Ford is purposely not making enough mic tops to get non reserved Broncos to their dealer lots this year!
Interesting........

How does webesto make enough tops for 200k JL’s in 2020 but can’t figure out how to make 60k tops for Ford?
You see... this is what I like about the internet. We can finally call out BS when we see it. Without this forum we (myself included) would be in the dark playing with diecast broncos in the sand waiting for FOMO to call our name when convenient for them. I need to be careful people will start to call me a "conspiracy theorist" because I'm searching for the truth and being an intellectual.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s started!

Here are the dealer FAQ’s as well:

Customer Communication FAQS – 6.25.2021

What roof options are available Broncos?
See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
  • 2-door Broncos (only available with hardtop roofs):
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC)
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
  • 4-door Broncos: o
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

Thanks for the further information provided to the dealers!

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, that sounds strange all around. They haven't submitted order details yet? I feel like that should've been done when they converted the order itself.

It's truly hard to tell - though lux/tow/2.7 are all limited right now, it sounds like the tops are the biggest hangup above and beyond the others.....but it's still a gamble to us on the outside as to what would hold it up. If I had to guess, if you switched to soft top, you'd probably get it sooner, but who knows.

Correct. Nothing has changed there.

Yes, since Ford runs ALL the communications and scheduling they've done through you, you'd know everything they do right? Lol.

2 doors will still be produced with MIC for '21, and those that didn't get into '21 will be '22s unless you ordered the MOD top. So not sure what your complaint is.

I think that's more a coincidence. With customers getting their hands on their actual Broncos already, the embargo has to end anyway.

It's a good question, and I'd have to guess since they didn't specifically point out Wildtrak can now do soft top, I'd have to guess it's still not an option.

I don't think they ever said they couldn't build some Wildtraks. It's just that Wildtrak has some of the commodity constrained options standard, so they can't build as many as they have orders for yet.
Really you don’t understand my complaint? A multi billion dollar company took $100 for a reservation for a 2021 Bronco 7/15/2020. They had the data from the reservations of how many 2dr V’s 4dr, hard top vs soft top, Sasquatch versus non, etc. Projected date was March 2021; then extended to June 2021. I still have no idea when it will be produced. Ford should have built the 7000 first additions and then reservations in order, period! This bullshit that dealers can place a 4dr 2.3 soft top and pass reservation holders is unacceptable. I’m okay waiting my turn based on my reservation even if it would go to MY22. Giving Ford a pass because of pandemic is also ludicrous as they made the announcement in July in the middle of it and the most extreme lockdowns in effect.

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I understanding that they are also reneging on reservations being fulfilled prior to building stock units for dealer lots? As e mail stated; "... we won't be able to solely produce customers orders, as we hoped." If this is correct, what a slap in the sack after waiting nearly a year and what should be reserved for reservations holder. Someone will walk on to a lot and drive one home before most of us. Am I mistaken?
Agree 100%
Sponsored