Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not really. There is unlikely to be a magic battery made that will be an actual replacement for distance and/or the ease of filling a gas tank quickly.
Simply not true. Look up MOORE'S LAW. Its not a theory, it's a law, like Gravity.

In 20 years we went from no such thing as a smart phone to what we have now. That's a HUGE jump in technology. Why would you think there wont continue to be significant advancement in EV?? Especially with Tesla (that's only been around 13 years), their popularity alone has supercharged the growth of EV production. Now every manufacture has all electric vehicles. Ford released a statement declaring all their vehicles will be electric by 2030. I think that is wishful thinking but it's possible.
Sponsored

Moontraveler1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ones with 4 Wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They should base it on the lightning frame, and make it a full size Bronco... the way it should be! 😝

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Simply not true. Look up MOORE'S LAW. Its not a theory, it's a law, like Gravity.

In 20 years we went from no such thing as a smart phone to what we have now. That's a HUGE jump in technology. Why would you think there wont continue to be significant advancement in EV?? Especially with Tesla (that's only been around 13 years), their popularity alone has supercharged the growth of EV production. Now every manufacture has all electric vehicles. Ford released a statement declaring all their vehicles will be electric by 2030. I think that is wishful thinking but it's possible.
That has zero to do with battery production and battery technology. It is absolutely true that you will need a magic battery to have a valid replacement to be battery powered only. It’s very simple to understand.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a compete lie, at best not true. It's not some kind of law. It relies on actual people trying to improve things.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hoping to get Hydrogen Cars by 2029 ....
Currently, the easiest way to produce hydrogen is from cracking petroleum. It also takes forty times more petroleum to manufacture that same energy potential with hydrogen as the same equivalent of gasoline.

Sponsored

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a compete lie, at best not true. It's not some kind of law. It relies on actual people trying to improve things.
Anything to support your stance, or at least practical knowledge in the field or are you just telling me "what you know". And I mean no disprespect, honestly, but "relying on actual people trying to improve things" is called capitalism it's what's fueled our civilization since it's inception. It literally is what we've always done. Matter of fact Henry Ford implemented the first manufacturing assembly line, it's what people in a free market do, the compete to fine better, faster, cheaper, newer, ways of improving things. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So get your order in today boys and girls. If it's a 2030 you will see it in 2033??? I will almost be dead by then. BUT...according to folks on this site my 2023 Badlands MIC will have a value of $200K to $250K.
Your bronco will fall apart before 2023.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Advancement in technology is a human wonder. However, humans also gave the unique ability to BS in order to coerce. I suggest folks take the time to obtain factual information concerning EV batteries, power grid, and real world performance and use age. ( Don’t neglect residential charging). May I recommend watching the John Stossel videos concerning EV facts. Draw your own conclusions from such factual data.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That has zero to do with battery production and battery technology. It is absolutely true that you will need a magic battery to have a valid replacement to be battery powered only. It’s very simple to understand.
While Moore's Law doesn't specifically apply to battery production, it does apply on a broader level. The technology that harvest, refines, produces the materials will increase rapidly or really could end up producing something better than a lithium battery to fuel EV's.

Honestly, 8 years ago I would have laughed and called you a tree-hugging, Beta, hipster if you told me that most of my power tools and yard implements would be battery operated. 3 years ago I got a battery powered Sthil chainsaw. It's fantastic. My battery powered blower competes with my Echo 500 backpack blower in a smaller, lighter, quieter footprint. Think about how far battery technology has come since 2014 already.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn’t bet against technology. Once a BEV can be recharged in less time than it takes to gas up, the ICE’s days will be numbered. That could happen tomorrow or ten years from now. Who knows?
You’re spot on! I’m sure a horse was better transportation than a Model T. Can’t judge the long term success of EVs with todays tech. It’s safe to say charging speeds of tomorrow will be much faster.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Advancement in technology is a human wonder. However, humans also gave the unique ability to BS in order to coerce. I suggest folks take the time to obtain factual information concerning EV batteries, power grid, and real world performance and use age. ( Don’t neglect residential charging). May I recommend watching the John Stossel videos concerning EV facts. Draw your own conclusions from such factual data.
EVs will be the device to keep you close to home. I have talked to and read a number of real owners of EV's. They are great for around home, but suck for long distance. This is from the horses mouth. Keep drinkin!!

Bigdeer2000

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Japanese auto makers don’t seem to be jumping into EV with both feet. Looks like they might own the ICE market in a few years.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Spot on. I'm not saying that Ford will or won't make their projected timelines, to many factors contributing (and based on the debacle that is the going on three years now, Bronco launch) and probably won't make it my point was discounting the advancement in EV or alternate fuel source vehicles is just being naive. Government mandates won't get us there but the free market will. Other issues, namely like you mentioned, power grid is one of the biggest inhibitors currently. The market will work itself out, that I believe and has proven more times than any of us can count.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Japanese auto makers don’t seem to be jumping into EV with both feet. Looks like they might own the ICE market in a few years.
What about the Honda Prologue? Or the Toyota Bz4X? Both Japanese, both all electric both in the US (The prologue has a MY24 release date technicallY).

The Koreans have gotten into the game as well. Hyundai has the IONIQ5. KIA went with the EV6. Both all electric, both in the US.

They all also offer plug in hybrids and all that other junk too. I'm not pushing EV's, I'm just saying ignoring the trend doesn't mean it isn't progressing that way.
Sponsored