First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congratulations!! Love the modular bumper and SAS upgrade on the OBX. My build is very similar.
Sponsored

Deucey

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 230 Vert / 2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's a question: is anyone leasing? Or is that blasphemy?

(I'm wondering because I've gotten in the habit of leasing cars (while often buying them at lease-end) because that allows me to spread the onerous Santa Clara County sales tax over some initial period instead of paying it all at once and if I decide I don't love the car, I can turn it in and think of it as a three year rental. It may cost me a bit more, but I appreciate the time value of the deferred 9.13% and the optionality.)

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another shot of Area 51 Outer Banks SAS, LUX package.
Ford Bronco 8/1/22 Build Week Group tempImageIciWCm

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a question: is anyone leasing? Or is that blasphemy?

(I'm wondering because I've gotten in the habit of leasing cars (while often buying them at lease-end) because that allows me to spread the onerous Santa Clara County sales tax over some initial period instead of paying it all at once and if I decide I don't love the car, I can turn it in and think of it as a three year rental. It may cost me a bit more, but I appreciate the time value of the deferred 9.13% and the optionality.)
I leased the BB mannequin, originally we were going to trade it when ours came, but nah..🤣 we may lease the second, it will depends on the interest rate and If I can sell my car and hubby gets rid of the damn Harley in time. Several of the team at our dealer have leased theirs as well…

Sponsored

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heh... not sure if it helps, but I'm right there with ya.

Assuming my friend-of-a-friend contact is correct we should start seeing some action next week around this time on our builds. I'm hoping he is right. Starting to get antsy for sure.
Your friend-of-a-friend might be correct.
I now have an estimated completion date... (which was originally the estimated delivery date)
Ford Bronco 8/1/22 Build Week Group 1660939422340

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked with Ford chat, bronco sitting at Flat Rock MI rail yard still waiting for a ride. 🤦‍♀️🥹🥹🥹

Last edited:

amandag92

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess there’s no way to track after it switches railroads? At least I’m guessing that’s what happened as the car it was on is now going back the other direction? It was in Chicago last week with no estimated arrival time for next stop and this is all Ford Chat is giving me

4EF23BB9-031B-4784-9C0E-755200A486AC.jpeg

amandag92

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was it on a CSX rail car before??

If so, it's probably going to get transferred to Union Pacific—may take awhile for that process to happen.
Yea it was csx

So you think if I keep checking in on chat, I’ll eventually get a rail number? Can you track Union Pacific like you can csx?

Sponsored

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Woohoo! Ford sent an email, My Bronco has left the building!!!!. I am in socal, I don't believe their estimated delivery date of 8/27-9/2. Thats the same date they gave when I got the built notice on 8/9.

ChillyRy_Area51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When i chatted a few weeks back (also Genevieve...hmmm) i was told my 8/4 blend was in production with a delivery date of today but I checked on Friday and im still in production and not shipped.

i guess at this point what is a few weeks but it is getting a bit old to check the website and just see "orders in same status" continue to grow. It was around 300 but its over 450 now.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get that's what the Ford customer service rep said, but honestly that doesn't really make sense.

The status once it has been released is "Awaiting Shipment - Released". I don't see why it would be stuck in "In Production - Produced" if it is awaiting shipment. It also doesn't match the experience of other users. If it stays "In Production" until there carrier available to pick it up and ship it, then no one should be in the "Awaiting Shipment - Released" status for more than ~24 hours. Yet there are people who have been stuck in "Awaiting Shipment" for weeks—which DOES make sense if they are... well... awaiting shipment (as the status suggests).

So yeah, I think the Ford customer service rep is mistaken to be honest. If it hasn't been released that means the vehicle is not complete. Either it is missing components, or it needs some accessories installed, or they encountered a QC issues.

EDIT— That said, I could be completely wrong, just thinking about it logically.
Think about it this way: Ford owns it while it is “in production”. The shipping company takes responsibility for it when they have it on their shipping docket. Ford will change the status when it is handed over to the shipper. If they can’t get it in the shipping schedule then it won’t change status. Just a guess.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When i chatted a few weeks back (also Genevieve...hmmm) i was told my 8/4 blend was in production with a delivery date of today but I checked on Friday and im still in production and not shipped.

i guess at this point what is a few weeks but it is getting a bit old to check the website and just see "orders in same status" continue to grow. It was around 300 but its over 450 now.
There are 1049 vehicles “In Transit”, if that helps.