First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few features for me to pull the trigger.
Must:
- manual
- easily (and fully) removable roof

Strongly Prefer:
- SFA
- wireless Android Auto
- easily accept 35" tires
- 4:1 low range
- a well-organized options list that doesn't make me pay >1k for stuff I don't want (all the new driver aids)

Since I live in northwestern Ontario it would be nice to have a heated steering wheel option but not mandatory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replacing turbos is rare and more like in the couple to few hundred thousand mile range. These aren't turbo systems on the 70s and 80s with no cooling, poor oiling and shielding.
Ive just heard issues with the waste gate/bypass valve rattle. Supposedly nobody makes a repair kit. If I was going to replace the turbo. I would upgrade a bit anyways. Lets be honest. The bronco is going to have major aftermarket support.

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I live in northwestern Ontario it would be nice to have a heated steering wheel option but not mandatory.
That is a nice feature. I'm only in Michigan, but that is one of my favorite features on her explorer lol

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2.0T
It doesn't get too cold here in Pennsylvania. I didn't think I would need or ever want heated seats or steering wheels till I was given a loaner car with them while my Jeep was getting warranty work done. I got spoiled real quick, I'd love to have them in a Bronco. :giggle:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Curious, on the off chance the stick's only available on the 2.3, would you be willing to settle?

I would
I probably wouldn't...

The TTV6 was a huge point of appeal for me with this vehicle. Buying it is already a compromise for me, as I'm getting it mostly as a tow rig, and I'd rather have a vehicle that can tow ALL my other vehicles rather than just 1 at a time. I don't want to have to compromise even more.

That being said, my musts;
TTV6 (no hybrid junk)
Manual trans
fully removable roof
towing capacity of at least 5500
Getting all of the above for under $50k

Otherwise, I'd like to have some modern styling and a pickup-style tailgate rather than a swinggate, and I'm not too picky beyond that

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably wouldn't...

The TTV6 was a huge point of appeal for me with this vehicle. Buying it is already a compromise for me, as I'm getting it mostly as a tow rig, and I'd rather have a vehicle that can tow ALL my other vehicles rather than just 1 at a time. I don't want to have to compromise even more.

That being said, my musts;
TTV6 (no hybrid junk)
Manual trans
fully removable roof
towing capacity of at least 5500
Getting all of the above for under $50k

Otherwise, I'd like to have some modern styling and a pickup-style tailgate rather than a swinggate, and I'm not too picky beyond that
What you said, though not concerned with towing

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could do my Bronco by the hunk. If the entry level trim is is similar to the Ranger XL, that's plenty for me to start with. Base everything. Vinyl floor, cloth seats Tilt/Telescope/Cruise, single AC, Ford Connect; pretty much the Ranger XL 101A package. Terrain management and Trail Control would be nice, but easily skipped if I have to get some sort of appearence package or whatever for another $2-3000. Seat heaters/coolers, GPS with 3D contour display and free lifetime traffic, weather and map updates I can get elsewhere. And I'm sure eventually the same with skid plates, rock rail running boards, suspension, lift kits will be available very soon after release, like Ford does with the trucks and vans- upfitters already stocking their wares on Intro Day.
I used to go for the most options I could afford regardless if that meant jumping up to the next trim and/or option package to get what I wanted, but being retired on less income teaches patience. Add as I go works for my motorcycles.
As I recall for the original Broncos, the base price was somewhat less than the CJs, but could be optioned much higher. Hope the same strategy applies today.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could do my Bronco by the hunk. If the entry level trim is is similar to the Ranger XL, that's plenty for me to start with. Base everything. Vinyl floor, cloth seats Tilt/Telescope/Cruise, single AC, Ford Connect; pretty much the Ranger XL 101A package. Terrain management and Trail Control would be nice, but easily skipped if I have to get some sort of appearence package or whatever for another $2-3000. Seat heaters/coolers, GPS with 3D contour display and free lifetime traffic, weather and map updates I can get elsewhere. And I'm sure eventually the same with skid plates, rock rail running boards, suspension, lift kits will be available very soon after release, like Ford does with the trucks and vans- upfitters already stocking their wares on Intro Day.
I used to go for the most options I could afford regardless if that meant jumping up to the next trim and/or option package to get what I wanted, but being retired on less income teaches patience. Add as I go works for my motorcycles.
As I recall for the original Broncos, the base price was somewhat less than the CJs, but could be optioned much higher. Hope the same strategy applies today.
Feel the same way lately, though some factory extras I enjoy

Little inane, but I'd love to see a Mustang style MyColor for the speedo

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure I will end up with one just to replace the wife's Explorer. Just want to see what comes around as far as other models. I'm sure by the time it is released we will have updates on other models. So I won't be the first to own one but I can see one in the stable.

In a perfect world all I would look for would be 5.0, wouldn't care auto or crashbox, when 'ya 'gotta V-8 sometimes auto ain't so bad, and SFA. …...

But I will say that since it's IFS , and if they DON'T make an SFA option one day, this thing better has some serious programming, sway bar disconnect's, lockers, etc. to enable it to perform off-road. The one thing I don't want to happen is for it to be cool, all the mall crawlers are happy and it is a flop with the hardcore crowd because the Wrangler will spank it off road. BUILT FORD TOUGH used to be the motto let's not forget that aspect.

Thought I was reading about maybe a 5 cyl. diesel from the Transit ?? Did it get shelved ??? Not a big diesel fan but I see alot of guys that use a diesel with success in crawlers 'cause of the torque !!!! Think the have diesel Wrangler now. Hell if I gotta have IFS then why not a diesel to boot !!!
I agree except for the diesel, although it makes sense in foreign markets.
The hybrid will give us more torque and power than the diesel will.
If Ford is looking at multiple internal combustion motors the coyote better be at the top of the priority list.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I was reading about maybe a 5 cyl. diesel from the Transit ?? Did it get shelved ??? Not a big diesel fan but I see alot of guys that use a diesel with success in crawlers 'cause of the torque !!!! Think the have diesel Wrangler now. Hell if I gotta have IFS then why not a diesel to boot !!!
The 3.2L 5 cylinder diesel is being phased out in favor of the 2.0 biturbo. Ford's 3.0 V6 would far better compete with the FCA 3.0 V6, but it is fairly unlikely we'll see a diesel in the Bronco at all.

If they're working out a variety of engine options, I hope the 5.0 V8 is at the top of the list of alternatives.

Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they're working out a variety of engine options, I hope the 5.0 V8 is at the top of the list of alternatives.
I know it's basically out of the question, but if they offered a 5.0 V8 in the Bronco, I'd take out a second mortgage or sell a kidney to make it mine.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW...BOF post today...

"there was a release a while ago that our principle shared....there was mention of a Bronco AND Ranger PERFORMANCE models..... "

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm only interested in a "fast"/ "Raptor" version of a Bronco. I wouldn't consider buying a Bronco if its SFA, I have zero interest in rock crawling. I drove an 11' JKUR for 6 years; dealt with the horrible motor/ trans. combination, wandering steering, etc., no real "death wobble", but still not good. I rented a JL last year, I was amazed that it felt no better than the JK!; borderline dangerous for an inattentive driver on the highway. I can't believe the guys on the JL forum are still talking about poor steering and even worse on the JL's; Jeep wasn't able to fix that in all these years!? No thanks.
My current 17' Tacoma DCSB OR with the TRD intake and exhaust, OVT 92 tune, and ECT button always on, is also slow, but is a rocketship compared to the 11' JK, and with the Bilstein 6112/5160 shocks (no lift) and real all terrain tires, is world's more stable on both the street and trails.
There are many "OK" off road vehicles (which my current 17' Tacoma is probably in this category), I'm looking for an improvement in capability at higher speeds, both on and off road.
What are the current "higher speed off road" vehicles? 1. Raptor (I love it, have no problem with the price, but just too big, and anyways, I never see a Raptor going fast on the streets, maybe 35's just aren't good for higher speeds on road?) 2. ZR2; again, I like it, but many reliability complaints, and you probably have to add the supercharger to consider it honestly fast. 3. Tacoma Pro? Obviously the stock motor/ trans. is pretty poor (for performance), supposedly soon there will be several superchargers, that would make a Tacoma Pro in my mind move up a notch. 4. Everything else. Probably all of the mid-size and full-size trucks can be made into a pretty good higher performance vehicle if you throw in enough money.
I'm not aware of a current higher speed off road SUV. Maybe a modified G.C. Trailhawk might be in this category?, but not really. The Range Rover Sport SVR is definitely quick, and with a change of tires supposedly is also decent off road, but too unreliable, and I wouldn't put it in the category of a "fast off road vehicle".
So show me what you got Ford! I'm only interested in a sort of "faster off road performance vehicle", with an excellent suspension (maybe Ford Ranger Raptor type?) and a great motor. I'm not really interested in any version of the new Bronco that's just a "great off road vehicle", not good enough, I'll pass.
If Ford doesn't come out with a real performance version of the new Bronco, I'll probably go with a new Pro or ZR2, and supercharge it, or if something else comes out that's a real performance off road vehicle.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm only interested in a "fast"/ "Raptor" version of a Bronco. I wouldn't consider buying a Bronco if its SFA, I have zero interest in rock crawling. I drove an 11' JKUR for 6 years; dealt with the horrible motor/ trans. combination, wandering steering, etc., no real "death wobble", but still not good. I rented a JL last year, I was amazed that it felt no better than the JK!; borderline dangerous for an inattentive driver on the highway. I can't believe the guys on the JL forum are still talking about poor steering and even worse on the JL's; Jeep wasn't able to fix that in all these years!? No thanks.
My current 17' Tacoma DCSB OR with the TRD intake and exhaust, OVT 92 tune, and ECT button always on, is also slow, but is a rocketship compared to the 11' JK, and with the Bilstein 6112/5160 shocks (no lift) and real all terrain tires, is world's more stable on both the street and trails.
There are many "OK" off road vehicles (which my current 17' Tacoma is probably in this category), I'm looking for an improvement in capability at higher speeds, both on and off road.
What are the current "higher speed off road" vehicles? 1. Raptor (I love it, have no problem with the price, but just too big, and anyways, I never see a Raptor going fast on the streets, maybe 35's just aren't good for higher speeds on road?) 2. ZR2; again, I like it, but many reliability complaints, and you probably have to add the supercharger to consider it honestly fast. 3. Tacoma Pro? Obviously the stock motor/ trans. is pretty poor (for performance), supposedly soon there will be several superchargers, that would make a Tacoma Pro in my mind move up a notch. 4. Everything else. Probably all of the mid-size and full-size trucks can be made into a pretty good higher performance vehicle if you throw in enough money.
I'm not aware of a current higher speed off road SUV. Maybe a modified G.C. Trailhawk might be in this category?, but not really. The Range Rover Sport SVR is definitely quick, and with a change of tires supposedly is also decent off road, but too unreliable, and I wouldn't put it in the category of a "fast off road vehicle".
So show me what you got Ford! I'm only interested in a sort of "faster off road performance vehicle", with an excellent suspension (maybe Ford Ranger Raptor type?) and a great motor. I'm not really interested in any version of the new Bronco that's just a "great off road vehicle", not good enough, I'll pass.
If Ford doesn't come out with a real performance version of the new Bronco, I'll probably go with a new Pro or ZR2, and supercharge it, or if something else comes out that's a real performance off road vehicle.
Welcome to the board! You and I are looking for similar things, I'm looking for a small off-road high performance suv to replace my 97 Pajero Evolution. Nice to have another person on here with similar desires among the rock crawlers and trail drivers.
Sponsored