redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

borderline dangerous for an inattentive driver on the highway.
you say it all right there …….. turn the phone off and pay attention to what you are doing. If not then you deserve to wreck but you can't blame the truck. As to the rest of your comments, sounds to me like you should buy a Ranger Raptor. same great speed off road but smaller package.

Don't take this the wrong way I'm just trying to make a point. I work at a 4X4 shop and we just replaced the electronic steer on a JL with 200 miles on it because the customer didn't like the "feel". so I know where you are coming from, I have owned Fords all my life and I am confident in what Ford puts out there.
Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm fine with any of the v6 options Ford has put out in the last few years. The 3.0 in the new ST Explorer would be preferred, but I hear the 2.7 is a very reliable motor as well.
Other than that, I'm just hoping it looks as good as I've built it up in my head.

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A while back someone posted a link to an interesting read on the old adage of "they dont build them like they used to" basically broke down why people have rose colored glasses of old machines still working and ignoring the millions of broken ones. Trying to find it. I know its random but its for an argument with my brother lol. Anybody have that article or hyperlink? Thanks. In other news, the place I'm laid off from is trying to get a bronco contract right now, so i may have some new insider news if/when that may happen.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A while back someone posted a link to an interesting read on the old adage of "they dont build them like they used to" basically broke down why people have rose colored glasses of old machines still working and ignoring the millions of broken ones. Trying to find it. I know its random but its for an argument with my brother lol. Anybody have that article or hyperlink? Thanks. In other news, the place I'm laid off from is trying to get a bronco contract right now, so i may have some new insider news if/when that may happen.
Best to me would be 90s/00's, way before all the intrusive crap like ASS, Lane Keep, Blind Side monitoring, etc.

I can easily turn off Traction/Stability and ABS if I want to, is what, a fuse or wire? Those are easier to manage than the current ton of crap

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Best to me would be 90s/00's, way before all the intrusive crap like ASS, Lane Keep, Blind Side monitoring, etc.

I can easily turn off Traction/Stability and ABS if I want to, is what, a fuse or wire? Those are easier to manage than the current ton of crap
I used to think the best fun cars were from the 90s, when we had reliable fuel injection and abs, but no stability control, airbags everywhere, or extra cameras and crap. Then I owned a few 90s cars and wished they needed less work and that parts were more readily available. Even the ones that should be reliable are getting old now. They're great to look at and very cool parts of history, but not really suitable for actual hard use anymore.

Then I got a 2009 corvette, and discovered that oh hey, I do like the keyless entry, pushbutton start, touchscreen infotainment, and even the traction control when it's pouring rain on the west coast and all the car wants to do is spin those 325 section summer tires. I also appreciate not having to fix it all the time, and when I do, the bolts have all been moved in the last 20 years and aren't completely stuck in place.

So currently, I think late 00's cars are probably the sweet spot, but I'm trying to be in the camp of 'give me the newest car possible with the performance I want for the price I want'. I don't like ACC, lane centering assist, etc, but generally you can turn those off and they don't add much weight. Hybrids are a different matter, batteries are too much of a weight penalty to be acceptable to me.

Unfortunately, so far nothing has been made with the sort of off-road performance I want in the form factor I want since my Pajero Evolution in 97 so I continue to ship parts from Japan over...hoping that will change soon

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to think the best fun cars were from the 90s, when we had reliable fuel injection and abs, but no stability control, airbags everywhere, or extra cameras and crap. Then I owned a few 90s cars and wished they needed less work and that parts were more readily available. Even the ones that should be reliable are getting old now. They're great to look at and very cool parts of history, but not really suitable for actual hard use anymore.

Then I got a 2009 corvette, and discovered that oh hey, I do like the keyless entry, pushbutton start, touchscreen infotainment, and even the traction control when it's pouring rain on the west coast and all the car wants to do is spin those 325 section summer tires. I also appreciate not having to fix it all the time, and when I do, the bolts have all been moved in the last 20 years and aren't completely stuck in place.

So currently, I think late 00's cars are probably the sweet spot, but I'm trying to be in the camp of 'give me the newest car possible with the performance I want for the price I want'. I don't like ACC, lane centering assist, etc, but generally you can turn those off and they don't add much weight. Hybrids are a different matter, batteries are too much of a weight penalty to be acceptable to me.

Unfortunately, so far nothing has been made with the sort of off-road performance I want in the form factor I want since my Pajero Evolution in 97 so I continue to ship parts from Japan over...hoping that will change soon
This x1,000,000. My FD has been hell on my wallet with parts. And hell to work on with constant rusted/stripped out hardware.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah no-holds-barred homologation specials are gonna do that lol

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive a 2010 Fusion. It not the prettiest, and it has a lot of miles; but shows no indication of slowing down. To me they are all wants:
1. $
2. 35" stock
3. Im fine with IFS but an almost bolt on lift kit would be nice
4. Stock armor (Transmission, gas tank, rock sliders, etc...)
5. Removable doors and roof

My wife has a 2.3 ecoboost in an escape, its not going to win a street race but it has power when I need it. I really dislike the autostart function

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking for a daily, I do plenty off-road activities other than rock crawling itself so I prefer ifs, honestly coming from the 5.4 V8 as long as it gets at least 15mph I will be more than happy, really the only thing that would make me not get the new bronco is if it doesn't come with removable doors/roof, manual preferred or pretty much anything but those dreaded dial shift knobs and I'll be more than happy, something I personally think it would need that's not been spoken about too often is that it needs wild crazy color options to help compete against Jeep but to just attract people away from the everyday black and grey, I have no doubt in my mind that will come with Android auto but I hope the gauge is like the one out of the GT mustang, it should also come with led as an option on lower trims rather having to upgrade to a higher trim, it will be for me personally a new daily driving with the ability to go have fun in the desert or go up the mountain for ice fishing, love Utah

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been looking at newer GT mustangs, and I own a 2015 GT mustang. The digital instrument cluster is an option usually found on Premium cars, but not all of them. I would say screw the digital crap, just more to break and have no replacement in 15 years. However, even the analog gauges are just taking a digital signal off the canbus and making it into a gauge output--going from analog to digital back to analog.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks brotha but I hope you find another gig first. Any bronco tidbits you can get us are secondary. Wish you nothing but the best my man :thumbsup:

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would be extremely disappointed if the 2.7 wasn't offered but if it came down to 2.3 auto/manual or 3.0 auto for big $ it would make it an easy decision for me personally...give me the manual!

Honestly I think not offering a NA engine would be a huge mistake and the 5.0 would have probably grabbed more sales that would be on the fence over Jeep/Bronco but that's completely my own opinion.

If they managed to stuff a 5.0 in there they wouldn't be able to build them fast enough in my opinion

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model