Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will preface this by saying, this solution only works with hardtop or Bestop. Factory soft top frame would not allow this.

I wanted to mount this out of the way, but inside the vehicle. @Mountains2Metal makes a couple of pieces for mounting the compressor as well as the switch and chuck. I’ve typically seen the compressor mounted on the lower cargo molle panel, but after some measurements I determined that I’d have plenty of clearance (right around 2” to the window) if I put it on the outside of the upper roll bar molle panel. The space I used is dead space anyway, but easy to access by taking the window off. I still have to wire the main power harness, but I’m happy with the results so far.

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

IMG_3897.jpeg

IMG_3904.jpeg
Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's how i did mine, but it's facing inside the storage compartment! (pic from mid-way through buildout)
Ford Bronco Alternative ARB twin compressor mounting location:  upper roll bar molle panel PXL_20221130_235356671

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to both of you for sharing. Literally talking about where to put the compressor last night. I didn't want it under the hood. Understanding that when i do put a compressor in - it will be my first rodeo. Look forward to the other ideas shared here or digging them up as i believe alternative locations have been shared before.

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks to both of you for sharing. Literally talking about where to put the compressor last night. I didn't want it under the hood. Understanding that when i do put a compressor in - it will be my first rodeo. Look forward to the other ideas shared here or digging them up as i believe alternative locations have been shared before.
Other than the rear cargo area somewhere, the other option I could think of to keep it inside would be on the inside of the tailgate. Another company makes a mount , can’t remember who, to put it on the outside tailgate, behind the spare tire. A tailgate option would be a little harder to wire up I think , but not a lot harder

Sponsored

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Other than the rear cargo area somewhere, the other option I could think of to keep it inside would be on the inside of the tailgate. Another company makes a mount , can’t remember who, to put it on the outside tailgate, behind the spare tire. A tailgate option would be a little harder to wire up I think , but not a lot harder

If we are thinking of the same company, I think its American Adventure Lab: https://americanadventurelab.com/product/ford-bronco-tailgate-compressor-mount-bundle/

Pretty neat setup

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ThorsLightning uses a molle cage to mount their NAPA/MaxiTrac-based 2 cylinder compressor. I have their package, and am very happy with it. They also have an adapter plate so their "Refuge" molle cage will accommodate the ARB 2-cylinder.
The "Refuge" cage for the 4-Door (they have a somewhat different one for the 2-door), $230:

Ford Bronco Alternative ARB twin compressor mounting location:  upper roll bar molle panel 1694099707571

The adapter plate so the "Refuge" cage can accommodate the ARB 2-cylinder, $20:
Ford Bronco Alternative ARB twin compressor mounting location:  upper roll bar molle panel 1694100012860

Nice-looking solution, Copperhead73, but this is another one that might be a bit simpler and more affordable for some people.

https://thorslightningairsystems.com/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ThorsLightning uses a molle cage to mount their NAPA/MaxiTrac-based 2 cylinder compressor. I have their package, and am very happy with it. They also have an adapter plate so their "Refuge" molle cage will accommodate the ARB 2-cylinder.
The "Refuge" cage for the 4-Door (they have a somewhat different one for the 2-door), $230:

Ford Bronco Alternative ARB twin compressor mounting location:  upper roll bar molle panel 1694100012860

The adapter plate so the "Refuge" cage can accommodate the ARB 2-cylinder, $20:

Nice-looking solution, Copperhead73, but this is another one that might be a bit simpler and more affordable for some people.

https://thorslightningairsystems.com/
I like this. If I didn’t already have a cargo system and just wanted to mount the ARB, I’d take a hard look. Coincidentally, I have the Thor’s lightning 4 tire inflation system ordered

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put mine under the hood about a year ago and haven't had any issue with it. I put some struts on the hood so it opens and stays open without the bar holding it up. The compressor gets insanely hot and wouldn't want it in the back where it could potentially touch something or melt plastic.

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am personally leaning toward this solution from DV8Offroad. Seems like a great spot and adds a little more storage.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/.../products/bronco-air-compressor-mount-storage
its a cool product but in a real use cases not soo much given all the things you could have in that space on top of the access location. I am able to stuff a large portion of my recovery gear in that spot so I don't have to continually have it in a removable bin/case. I always have tow staps, shoft shacles, etc on board at al times.
Sponsored