Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great job 1/2 hour or work and then 3 hours at er for not wearing safety glasses .
I DEFINITELY had on my safety glasses when using the grinder. May have forgotten while using the drill....good reminder tho. Be safe out there people!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW...great, simple design/solution....I can't believe more companies have not used the crash bar as a mounting point....I just want something simple to stop rocks....nothing too heavy-duty, for road-use only! You should manufacture them!! Or if there's a mounting bracket that can be bought off the shelf...I would buy it!!
Thanks! I would really stay away from the rigid options like the Weathertech. Even light offroading or a curb is gonna take those things out.

For those that did not want to watch the video, I did a test of what the mud flap looks like if you go over a 'rock'
Ford Bronco ANOTHER mud flap post?!?! Screen capture testing resize

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! I would really stay away from the rigid options like the Weathertech. Even light offroading or a curb is gonna take those things out.

For those that did not want to watch the video, I did a test of what the mud flap looks like if you go over a 'rock'
Ford Bronco ANOTHER mud flap post?!?! Screen capture testing resize
Looks pretty solid! I'll show that video to the wifey. I'll do the mud flap mod after the installation of the rack and nitto tires this week.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks pretty solid! I'll show that video to the wifey. I'll do the mud flap mod after the installation of the rack and nitto tires this week.
Cool! Let me know if any questions come up

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did my fronts today on my non sas badlands. These plasticolor flaps are also available on Amazon They are very strong and flexible. I followed member BudgetBronco's general guide but also had to remove and cut the rock rails back 1 5/8". Doing this with a grinder was somewhat inexact so I spent a lot of time with a flap wheel and a file to get the angles close enough for the end cap to fit. The rock rails trimming and reinstall took almost 3 hours. Making and installing the brackets and flaps took less than an hour not counting letting the paint dry overnight. I set the base of the flaps 8" off the ground which I expect will be low enough to not hang up much on light off road trails and still protect the sides from gravel. WIthout rock rails this is an easy mod. The only hard part was removing the inside crash bar bolt due to access issues. I suggest you remove the fender liner bottom 4 clips to get in there and gain access. An 18" breaker bar will get it loose enough to remove with a ratchet.
Ford Bronco ANOTHER mud flap post?!?! IMG_3006
Ford Bronco ANOTHER mud flap post?!?! IMG_3007

IMG_3008.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just did my fronts today on my non sas badlands. These
Nicely done! I am glad I did not have to deal with the rock rails part, and yes the crash bar bolts take a little umphh to get loose. Ford used some loctite on them so it takes some force to get them started.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you make me one, pretty please? :love:
Sorry no, I wish I had the spare time. You should try yourself you might surprise yourself what you can do and it is very rewarding to DIY

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry no, I wish I had the spare time. You should try yourself you might surprise yourself what you can do and it is very rewarding to DIY
haha darn it!
Sponsored