Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

OP
OP
Layman

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 23 Black Diamond and my windows also rattle when partially open. I figured it was inherent of a frameless door design.
Thanks for confirming that this is still an issue with the 23s. Kinda disappointing. I have an appointment later this week and will give the dealer another crack at it. Will update if they manage to make it acceptable.
Sponsored

youloze

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for confirming that this is still an issue with the 23s. Kinda disappointing. I have an appointment later this week and will give the dealer another crack at it. Will update if they manage to make it acceptable.
Thanks, please do! I'd like it fixed if it's a known issue, but not going to waste my time if they can't fix it haha.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a few different TSB/SSM for the windows. The other issue I was having was the window catching on weatherstripping and shaking when opening door. I fixed them both at same time, took a few tries to get it acceptable. The workshop manual for both issues is attached.

SSM 50711

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO
1275ee2f-abce-4bb1-afa4-738ad84826a9_text.gif

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 Badlands was just delivered yesterday. And I have the window rattle in the pass side that started today. COME ON!!! 🤬 Tried the reset a bunch of times; no good. Shokka.

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 23 also rattles over bumps on the driver side. The passenger side is ok. I'm just going to deal with it for now and take it in after I find other possible issues. My driver side seat doesn't slide when using the top latch on my 2dr.

Sponsored

Bronco911

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR Big Bend, squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 2023 2dr. Big bend, and the window rattles when partially open, as long as it isn't doing any damage I'm good.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have found that when I want to run with the windows partially open, I will put them down half way, at that point, they do not rattle.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 23 also rattles over bumps on the driver side. The passenger side is ok. I'm just going to deal with it for now and take it in after I find other possible issues. My driver side seat doesn't slide when using the top latch on my 2dr.
This has come up a few times before (me included). Make sure you are letting the seat back go fully forward to release the latch to allow the seat bottom to slide.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 here and yes I have window rattle too

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealers are aware, ford corporate is aware.

They do not have a real fix, the service bulletin did not fix my windows nor my friends.

shit, mine rattle when I open the door!

Sponsored

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2021 OBX, it happens everyday all day, mainly when the windows are between 1/2 and 3/4ths up, otherwise its fine when they are completely up or down.

I am just waiting for the day it shatters going over a bump and I can go to Ford and complain. I am serious too.

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has come up a few times before (me included). Make sure you are letting the seat back go fully forward to release the latch to allow the seat bottom to slide.

Thank you for the tip! It does slide forward like you suggested.

pbrem22

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did the adjustment, it helped a little bit but definitely didn’t fix the issue.
Me too. I am going back in May for a service so I am going to ask them to fix it once again and hopefully it works.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sound you hear is duct tape... lol

Funny what we'll assume is right until someone points out it's inherent jankyness.

I have a 2023 and have thought the windows wobbled when I opened the doors. I don't ride with the windows partially down, so I'd have to look. I did have some water come in passenger-side when I washed it a couple weeks ago.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine rattle like crazy when opening and closing the doors. They are ok when partially down on city roads, rattle too much to be down on the highway. It's the same issue on all my windows. So many were complaining about it that I assumed it was a Bronco quirk. I'll see if the dealer can do something when I need to take it in. Those directions look way to complicated for me.
Sponsored