Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a '21 I bought off the lot because I couldn't wait for a new car, now have a '23 (finally got my hard top). The windows rattle significantly less than they did on the '21.

Dunno if that just happens to be a QA difference between the two individual trucks I've driven, or if that applies more broadly across the MYs, but that's my anecdote for what it's worth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2023 and rolled the windows halfway down for the first time yesterday. Sad to say they rattled like heck on bumps. Also rattle when closing the doors. :/

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2023 and rolled the windows halfway down for the first time yesterday. Sad to say they rattled like heck on bumps. Also rattle when closing the doors. :/
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this rattling concern. Thanks!

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2022 and had mine in for service today and asked them to fix the front windows. After leaving it for a few hours I was told it was ready. When I returned to the dealership they told me there is nothing wrong with the windows and all Broncos do that because it is a frameless window. I pulled up this thread and gave them the SSM number. They took it back to the shop and I have been waiting for an hour in the reception area. Dealers need to do better. If I didn’t give them the solution they wouldn’t have fixed it. We will see if the rattle is better once they are done.

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2022 and had mine in for service today and asked them to fix the front windows. After leaving it for a few hours I was told it was ready. When I returned to the dealership they told me there is nothing wrong with the windows and all Broncos do that because it is a frameless window. I pulled up this thread and gave them the SSM number. They took it back to the shop and I have been waiting for an hour in the reception area. Dealers need to do better. If I didn’t give them the solution they wouldn’t have fixed it. We will see if the rattle is better once they are done.
After waiting 1.5 hours the window rattle is 100 times better.

Sponsored

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my passenger window checked out when I went in for a busted tire. The passenger window had gotten so bad that it had to be fully open or fully closed. They said that I needed a window regulator and they ordered the part that would arrive in a couple days. I said what's the chance that part actually comes in. My service guy laughed. It's now been 2 weeks and still no part. I will say that whatever they did when they checked the window has made it rattle significantly less so I'm not too upset yet that I'm waiting for the part.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My passenger side did a little on my '23 Wildtrak, but it's easy to pull the bottom side grommets and make the adjustment. I did both sides in <10 min.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PLB16445
Greenway Ford, Raytown, M
hit the Mail letter at thetop of the app and select ford motor company as receiver of your new private message (direct message). Vin# in the app or on the vehicle is 17 digits

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those who have had this issue (as i am with a '23)

when the dealership fails to resolve the issue and you PM Ford Corp, are they actually able to help get a resolve ?

if so how?

thanks!

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a few different TSB/SSM for the windows. The other issue I was having was the window catching on weatherstripping and shaking when opening door. I fixed them both at same time, took a few tries to get it acceptable. The workshop manual for both issues is attached.

SSM 50711

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO
Do you know if this is applicable to the 2 door? I had the windows shaking when opening occasionally and when partially down over really bad bumps, so I did the part of the TSB where you adjust the regulator nuts as you said.

Now they rattle a lot more, especially when going over bumps when *fully* down. Should I just reset it and do the full TSB?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you know if this is applicable to the 2 door? I had the windows shaking when opening occasionally and when partially down over really bad bumps, so I did the part of the TSB where you adjust the regulator nuts as you said.

Now they rattle a lot more, especially when going over bumps when *fully* down. Should I just reset it and do the full TSB?
Yes 2 door as well.

Ford cancelled the TSB I linked above a while back. They no longer allow adjustment on the windows, and are developing new parts to fix the shitty design.

Ford Bronco Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue? IMG_1606
Sponsored