Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buyers remorse that I didn't add more options. I definitely should of got the modular front bumper.
My order I did not add the Mid Package.....Waited too long to upgrade it, so now I'll just have the base package interior when my order gets picked up. Oh well....It is not worth me paying 3k more for heated seats :)
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny how they want to "look" like us, but don't want to take the extra steps to actually "be" like us.

Guess we should take it as a complement that so many want to copy our style. Problem is that these guys just get in the way and drive up the cost for regular folk.

No way that a Bronco with ADM is for just the normal guy, with a normal job, who just wants to go wheelin, camping, or just needs it to get home in rural America. I'm in one of these cities with a soft job, but my roots!

Nope, it's the Atlanta, Miami, LA, etc set that are grabbing up all the Broncos, making them look stupid, or the trendy set.

Takes the Bronco out of the hands of the guys who'll use it as built, but aren't rich. Great for Ford, but it's sad really.
I thought the competition to the Wrangler was supposed to drive prices down or at least hold prices at bey. Instead it seems like Bronco and Wrangler are racing to see who can charge the most the fastest.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Feel for you if you still don’t have a build date or VIN, with a 7/20/20 reservation!
I'd be upset if I didn't already take delivery on my 12/09/21 walk in order from the same dealer. I dropped the MIC and Sasquatch and took delivery in only 123 days. OBX/2.7/Lux/leather. :)

ySYfe+QkTOGMgv8yec1CBQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_214e1.jpeg

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what reason(s)? What are you doing about it?
Yeah, I do have buyer's remorse.

I bought a 4-door Badlands/Squatch/2.7L/Lux. What I should have done was get a BaseSquatch 2.7L. The Lux wasn't really worth it.

But it's not just trim level. The truck itself isn't quite what I was hoping for. I wheel, and I bought this to wheel. It's ok on rocks, but ok is the best it's going to be even when maxed. It certainly doesn't compare with the Wrangler, not in stock or modded form.

It is nice on the road. And my wife loves driving it, and can only tolerate the Jeep (although she thinks it's cool.). There are lots of creature comforts. But that's not what I bought it for. I bought it primarily for what it can do off-road. I could have bought a nicer on-road vehicle for the money.

It broke down the first time I took it on the trail for some light wheeling. Left sort of a bad taste in my mouth after how utterly reliable the Wrangler has been.

Honestly what really pushed me over the edge was the introduction of the Bronco Raptor. I didn't intend to buy one anyway, but it's supposed to be the ultimate evolution of the Bronco the same way the 392 is the exclamation point for the Wrangler. The the "Braptor" was released and it was just this gigantic thud. Bolt on roll cage stiffeners, "desert race" suspension, a little bit more HP and gigantic fender flares. Anyone paying attention?! That thing is a joke.

It sort of leaves me feeling like the Bronco is a lot more bark than bite. And unfortunately my experience so far with the truck has been about the same.

Most people being asked about buyer's remorse just bought a pretty truck and like the way it looks and drives on-road. Sure, it's easy to like any truck if that's your standard. I rock these things hard and the Bronco doesn't really like that.

I'll probably keep it - my wife loves it, and I'm hoping the aftermarket can improve some of the weak points. Already some early offerings for the IFS weak points. Maybe it'll get better.

If I could rewind time I'd have gotten the 392.

Bigcat64

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY '89 had just as much plastic on the interior, this new Br

We did an almost 600 mile day trip one Saturday to Oklahoma for fried chicken, well worth the drive for the food and to enjoy the Bronco.
Love fried chicken hahahaha

Sponsored

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No buyers remorse but do regret not getting the camera for off-roading.
Been on terrain several times and I haven’t been able to see over the hood. Would have been nice to have that camera. 🥲

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still own an old Disco for off roading, so I do have experience with body on frame with SA's, but many/most of these Bronco buyers in the cities do make me wonder what the hell they're doing here? Is this fascination an extension of this gorpcore crap? (whatever that term means)
Had to Google “gorpcore.” Seems like your vintage disco fits the bill.

Let me tell you what I’m doing here. From a practical standpoint I’m ordering a bronco because it’s the perfect city vehicle in many ways. Most notably, a rugged 4 x 4 that can handle significant refrigerator-sized potholes like the ones you find in rust belt cities like Detroit. I’m not talking about suburban and exurban roads with concrete expansion joints that jiggle your latte. I’m talking about streets that were last paved during the Carter or Reagan administration. Think about what frost/thaw cycles do to a street over 50 years. It’s certainly more significant than the washboard gravel roads you’re probably thinking justify your purchase of a Bronco (see how I can also make baseless assumptions?).

Also, many cities along large bodies of water or coastlines are now dealing with multiple 100 year storm/flooding events each rainy season. What would you rather drive through three blocks of knee deep water?…your bronco, or a small hatchback or minivan?

Do you have kids? Do you ever look at your floor mats after a spring soccer game and wish you had wash out floors because you brought half the field home with you?

But, by all means, keep making assumptions…

Anyway, I think my bronco will be great in the city (just like my wrangler was), and it will likewise serve as a fun car for my family and I to drive, top down, to get ice cream, go to the park, or take to the nearby sand dunes, off road parks, or forest roads in northern Michigan. Bonus: Since we don’t breath through our mouths, we likewise don’t have to worry about inhaling airborne insects when the doors are off!

To answer the OP’s actual question: I don’t think I’ll have buyers remorse. My only concern is the race between my Bronco’s delivery date and the looming interest rate hikes.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny how they want to "look" like us, but don't want to take the extra steps to actually "be" like us.

Guess we should take it as a complement that so many want to copy our style. Problem is that these guys just get in the way and drive up the cost for regular folk.

No way that a Bronco with ADM is for just the normal guy, with a normal job, who just wants to go wheelin, camping, or just needs it to get home in rural America. I'm in one of these cities with a soft job, but my roots!

Nope, it's the Atlanta, Miami, LA, etc set that are grabbing up all the Broncos, making them look stupid, or the trendy set.

Takes the Bronco out of the hands of the guys who'll use it as built, but aren't rich. Great for Ford, but it's sad really.
Man, you’re all over this thread reiterating the same tired point about rural superiority. 🙄 🥱

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what reason(s)? What are you doing about it?
I’m sure there are people in the world that have buyers remorse, but I’m also certain those people will not be on this forum.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel you here.
The Bronco we ordered (on a train coming to VA now) is going to be my wife's DD. She doesn't drive much at all - she worked mainly from home BEFORE all this COVID stuff. She likes topless vehicles. Her '17 Mustang ragtop (2500 miles put on it in a YEAR) will be traded in. Dealer is giving us what we paid for it used in '18.

Normally we drive my '19 Mustang GT. I bought it new in Sept '19. Mild mods. 6 speed manual. My daily driver. Dealer saw my car and made me an offer. It's theirs this week. Can't turn it down. They are paying me what I paid for it new. 30K miles and 2.5 + years ago. Bronco is MSRP FWIW.

So essentially I will drive the Bronco most of the time, because she would rather have me drive when we go anywhere.

Otherwise I'll drive my '12 F150 4x4. It's got the Coyote engine and only 60K miles and it's paid off (Dealer tried to buy that too - for MORE Than what we paid for it used in '19).

I'm actually haunting CoPart now to see if I can score a wrecked GT350 and make it a project / DD vehicle.

I actually waited to order a Bronco until my wife could drive and ride in one (a lifted 35" dealer demo) and see if she still wanted it. She loved it.

I've owned Jeeps and plenty of old trucks / cars and my son daily drives a '95 Bronco on 35's we totally tore apart and put back together. People complaining about squeaks / rattles etc are in a for a rude awakening when they get some miles on their Bronco. It's a truck designed to compete with the Jeep at a certain price point. Upscale interior + better fit and finish / trim etc would push the price out of the competition range.
When I was a kid, rode in a new '67. The rattle of the back window could not be drowned out by the AM radio, speaker in the middle of the dash. Everything is relative.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, you’re all over this thread reiterating the same tired point about rural superiority. 🙄 🥱
For the record, I live in Atlanta. Not a suburb “of” Atlanta, but in Atlanta. nothing rural here. Now see who’s making assumptions? ;)

It isn’t about superiority or whatever point you’re trying to make, it’s that literally EVERY damn vehicle under the sun is made for a suburbanite like you.

for ONCE, a vehicle is actually made for those of us who want to get dirty that isn’t a Jeep, and then along comes the boneless wings crowd and jumping in front of us at that. While driving up prices and making a lot of wheelers wait behind those who are just trying to go for ice cream after soccer practice, or was it quidditch or Minecraft practice, can’t remember?

Dstepovi

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks Area51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No remorse here at all. I am one of those guys that bought it simply because I think it is a cool vehicle. A truck that is a convertible, how is that not cool? I’ve had full size 4x4 trucks (F150, Silverado, Ram) and muscle cars (Camaro SS Convertible, 3 different Challengers) for the majority of my life - currently have a 2021 Challenger Scat Pack which I haven’t driven since I got my Bronco 3 months ago. Ford my not have “designed” it for the way I use it according to some but I certainly am not one to agree with that view. Do what most people would classify as light off-roading but not enough to say that’s why I bought it - doesn’t make me love it less. That said, the Bronco is likely to make me do more off-roading - which is what Ford likely designed it for.

Last edited:

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed from a BD to BL and Mid package to High. I would have had remorse had I not upgraded.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SNIP

My only concern is the race between my Bronco’s delivery date and the looming interest rate hikes.
I'm sure you probably know this - but use a local credit union / bank. My credit union approved my loan app and locked the rate for 90 days.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I was a kid, rode in a new '67. The rattle of the back window could not be drowned out by the AM radio, speaker in the middle of the dash. Everything is relative.
True. I LOVE the styling on a lot of older vehicles. I DO NOT miss ANY Of the tech. It's the nostalgia of "how things were".

"They don't build them like they used to!"

Thank God. Cork gaskets. Assembly tolerances totally dependent on human beings. Paint jobs that varied on who happened to be in the booth on the line that day. Lacquer paint? No thanks.

I've 'restored' several older vehicles and almost always totally update suspension / drivetrain / interior etc. I build cars to drive them - a lot.

Just my 2 cents - although today it might be closer to a dime.
Sponsored