Sponsored

Anyone checked Carvana or Carmax lately?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just moved the ADM into the retail/wholesale so Ford themselves get more of the money. While still counting the profits from the SAS package.
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my '22 Badlands back to the dealer for exactly what I paid for it ($2K under MSRP) in July. It had 13K miles on it and I left the $4K of upgrades on the truck. They turned it around and sold it the next day to a buyer in a different state.

Was fun to drive but was very glad to let it go at minimal loss.

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car market in general is tanking due to higher interest and over the top supply (finally caught up).

You won't get what you want because the dealerships can't move what they have.
Spot on, funny how weā€™re starting to see car commercials with incentives again.

Rates being what they are, the majority of people know itā€™s a bad time to buy anything. Even paying cash gives up so much opportunity cost in interest.

Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll start propping up the economy before next November.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carvana offer was 40k for my 21 4 dr Badlands 2.7/Lux with 33k miles.
Carmax said they "need to see the vehicle" to make an offer.
I guess the party is over for those great offers of just 2 years ago.
After I cancelled my $100.00 Bronco order the exact one I ordered was for sale used at a local dealer for 63K...it's still on the lot but now has a price of 53K...They wouldn't sell it to me for 53k back then...my new one cost 56k...dealers are a little greedy at times and pay for their mistakes...

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carvana offer was 40k for my 21 4 dr Badlands 2.7/Lux with 33k miles.
Carmax said they "need to see the vehicle" to make an offer.
I guess the party is over for those great offers of just 2 years ago.
Also try Carmax, CarNation, Vroom, and AutoNation.

Reactions: Axe

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got LOTS of Broncos (2drs and moar doors) running around Denton and DFW at large the last month or two. I pretty much see at least one or two on runs to the grocery store or whatever. We're not as rare as we used to be... lol

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reason I occasionally check my value with the car sites like Carvana is to have an established value if my Bronco gets totalled. The insurance companies try to lowball you and if you have a good offer to back up your claim you have a better chance at being fairly compenstaed.
BTW, they are still offering me about $2k more than my OTD price a year later. I've never owned anyhting that held it's value that well. If you paid sticker it's not so bad, but you other kids will never get the ADM back.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im Thinking of selling mine. A used Porsche cayman s or RS3 might be what I need. 22k miles on 2021 2 dr BL with soft (bestop) and hardtops mid package. 2.7 with factory tow. I love it but I REALLY hate not driving fast. Especially in FL. Not much here other than beach days. have the temp digits on HVAC so that should be worth something lol. Paid MSRP 48,000 - CarMax is coming in at$42,000 almost 3 years later.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been fun watching the prices fluctuate, but I love my Bronco so much that I could care less what the resale values are. 27,000+ miles of smiles in nearly 2 years! I simply couldn't put a price on the number of adventures and fun that I've had. The fun factor is off the charts!

401819350_10232156580725954_8573404682162311256_n.jpeg

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Of the ones I checked Vroom had the strongest offer. CarMax was next but significantly behind Vroom. Carvana was a low ball. However, the only one that made me chuckle was Peddle. After entering the info, including the vin, they offered to buy my 2023 Wildtrak with hard top and lux package, with less than 1200 miles, for $18,000. Yes, you read that right - $18,000. Over the next few days they continued to send me emails stating that their offer was still good. This is what they had to say:

ā€œWeā€™re still interested in your 2023 Ford Bronco, but act fast this offer will expire soon.ā€

I was not expecting a strong offer from Peddle but an $18,000 offer was a little on the crazy side of things. I finally reached out to them and told them to stop emailing me.

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm kinda skeptical of anyone saying these sites are offering more than what was paid. I'm getting offers almost $10k less than what I paid. I paid msrp in 21 and only have 8900 miles on it.
2dr Big Bend SAS with all the options. Mid, Sig Lights, hard top, switches, towing.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hardtops and SAS models seem to be holding value better. The dealerships are learning what moves and what doesnā€™t. I was able to negotiate $5k below MSRP over the phone with a Ford dealership in SA. But it wasnā€™t exactly what I want. A week later I bought a ā€˜22 Gladiator Texas Trail edition and ordered a Black Diamond from a small town Ford dealership same day. The jeep will hold me over until the Bronco comes in late next year and I will be able to compare them for myself. Hopefully the Jeep will hold its value.
Planning to keep the Bronco forever if Ford can fix all the bugs.
It will be the first time Iā€™ve ever bought a new vehicle let alone ordered one exactly how I want it.
Sponsored

Last edited: