Sponsored

Anyone had second thoughts on getting Sasquatch package?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else had second thoughts on not getting Sasquatch package on Bronco?
Pricing seems high when you can do the same at lower cost. The wheel are bead lock capable which means you still have to buy aftermarket kit from Ford performance to do this. A set of 35" tires are that expensive. The shocks are not even Fox racing shocks. I have been trying to figure out if I want to do upgrades after getting Bronco.
The real benefit of the Sasquatch package is the 4.7 gears. You can re-gear later but the package comes with different HD housings which are stronger than the stock housings from what I have read. Who even knows if the 4.7 will be available for the front IFS housing? Right now 4:70 ratio is not a Dana 44 or for that matter any manufacturer option.
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going Squatch and not looking back. Join the group, you won't regret it. :cool:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never- FOMO will kick in once you see everyone and their moms on 35s.

Get it and don’t look back.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going 2 dr Basquatch for 36K.

I tried BB and BD with rear locker only and end up at 37 or 38K.

I keep saying if they offered Base with rear locker only and ala carte wheels tires I'd do it...but...32K for Auto 2.3 and Roof Rack + $800 for locker + $2k for decent wheels/tires is 34.8 K, so for an extra $1200 you get all the other nifty Sas goodies,,, Sasquatch it is

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup, My original plan was a BB or base with Sasquatch, now I’m 100% Badlands without but I will get the optional rims. More than enough for my needs. If I was getting a 4 door I would probably get it though just for looks.

Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see the need on the Badlands. The other lower trim levels I think need it though.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The real benefit of the Sasquatch package is the 4.7 gears. You can re-gear later but the package comes with different HD housings which are stronger than the stock housings from what I have read. Who even knows if the 4.7 will be available for the front IFS housing? Right now 4:70 ratio is not a Dana 44 or for that matter any manufacturer option.
I haven't heard on the Bronco but the Ranger has the ring gear welded on the carrier, which... complicates regearing.

I never wanted the squatch for what we are going to use it for.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going 2 dr Basquatch for 36K.

I tried BB and BD with rear locker only and end up at 37 or 38K.

I keep saying if they offered Base with rear locker only and ala carte wheels tires I'd do it...but...32K for Auto 2.3 and Roof Rack + $800 for locker + $2k for decent wheels/tires is 34.8 K, so for an extra $1200 you get all the other nifty Sas goodies,,, Sasquatch it is
Same here.
I'd be adding 2.7, roof rails, Mod bumper, and floor liners....
$39k for BaseSquatch
$39k for BigBend with rear locker. Front locker and adv auto 4x4 are n/a without Squatch.
$41k for Black diamond, no front locker, 32's and a vinyl interior that may feel as bad as they did in the 1960's.

BaseSquatch is the best deal. Still hoping for some locker/wheel/tire ala carte options for the base.

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the BL and just like a lot of other people, I have gone back and forth many times. I will get 35's, but will it be through Ford or aftermarket?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squatch since day 1, have not considered anything else. The "Nice to haves" I want on the other trim levels can be had aftermarket...

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just had this conversation with the boss. We were getting an pretty loaded up Outer Banks for her weekly driver (she works from home) then she talked about how little she would drive it. Well a couple extra inches of entry height shouldn't be an issue, right?:whistle:
I showed her the 2 pictures on our dual screens 1 stock Outer Banks and 1 Sasquatched OB and she picked the Sasquatch! Sasquatch it is!(y)

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going base, and there's still no option on B&P for upgrading to the m210 front axle by itself. Has it been confirmed the ONLY way to get this is via squatch?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have waffled back and forth
I was set for most of the time since reveal to squatch. But if I know for sure I can get 33s on the BD steelies at the dealership I will opt this way. I get more bang for the buck in my build not squatching even though I love the looks..

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that if you are getting a trim that already includes the beefed up Axles and has the Advanced 4x4 then NO, it is not worth it (aka Badlands). Any other trim should get it for those reasons.

But with that said, if you never plan on putting larger tires and a Front locker...then as long as you have a rear locker I guess it would be OK.
Sponsored