Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, this escalated quickly! I personally don’t think OP did anything wrong. 4X4lights could have handled it better. Might have been well intended but didn’t come off that way to me. Do your thing OP!
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really don’t care either way but I sure learned a lot from this thread.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Am I in the wrong here guys? I'm open to criticism. That was the point of the post, I wanted Adam's opinion as well as the communities. We know what his thoughts are at this point, but I truly want to know what others think, that was the point and is why I didn't start off by posting the drawings. This was all well intentioned.
I was nice about it in my initial response, even further responses. Joking with you and what not. I even sent you a private message. I encouraged you to build your own things as it's nice to see people making things themselves, but informed you that our product is protected.

You decided to post my private message and make it a bigger issue then it needs to be. Feeding into the commentary by a few people here in order to engage in a "battle" (which wasn't necessary).

Whether people want to believe it or not, that's how business works. Someone invents something, they patent it and protect their invention. you are free to do what you want personally as I told you, but you can't start providing others our intellectual property. That's why we patent our work after-all, to protect it. Why wouldn't we file for a patent on an invention? It makes sense NOT to. We're in the business of making money which is why we spend all this time/money designing something, so we're certainly going to do that to protect it as well. It could be a guy in his garage trying to copy it (not saying that was your goal) or a corporation looking to do the same. Protecting ones invention is always a good idea.

I'm sorry you felt 'attacked" or what not, but I wasn't trying to attack you. That was the whole point in my original response with the jokes, to keep it light hearted, to which you actually seemed to get. Then the random responses from people on here who wanted to cause a fight and you bought into it it seems, thus all these responses about how we're some evil corporation now? Come on. I'm protecting my design here.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could go either way. Don't fault either one... However, not nearly as interesting at this great thread.

big bend.jpg

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was nice about it in my initial response, even further responses. Joking with you and what not. I even sent you a private message. I encouraged you to build your own things as it's nice to see people making things themselves, but informed you that our product is protected.

You decided to post my private message and make it a bigger issue then it needs to be. Feeding into the commentary by a few people here in order to engage in a "battle" (which wasn't necessary).

Whether people want to believe it or not, that's how business works. Someone invents something, they patent it and protect their invention. you are free to do what you want personally as I told you, but you can't start providing others our intellectual property. That's why we patent our work after-all, to protect it. Why wouldn't we file for a patent on an invention? It makes sense NOT to. We're in the business of making money which is why we spend all this time/money designing something, so we're certainly going to do that to protect it as well. It could be a guy in his garage trying to copy it (not saying that was your goal) or a corporation looking to do the same. Protecting ones invention is always a good idea.

I'm sorry you felt 'attacked" or what not, but I wasn't trying to attack you. That was the whole point in my original response with the jokes, to keep it light hearted, to which you actually seemed to get. Then the random responses from people on here who wanted to cause a fight and you bought into it it seems, thus all these responses about how we're some evil corporation now? Come on. I'm protecting my design here.
Why don't you post your patent number so we can read the application and see how his plate infringes on your pending patent?

Sponsored

gemask

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this thread had been posted last week I would not have spent the money on their bracket.

This has been a very poor showing by 4x4TruckLEDs and what they think is the right way to go about this. I am certainly happy I did not buy any of the extras or even the compressor through them either.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why don't you post your patent number so we can read the application and see how his plate infringes on your pending patent?
Yes Please!

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of any of the dialogue. It doesn't seem like it would be very hard for lawyers to argue, even though there was no attempt to profit. If everyone took the home made design and made their own, then it would cut into the revenue of 4x4. I don't fully understand the patent laws, but to me it seems like that is the point of them, to prevent someone from selling or distributing a design similar to your own.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I in the wrong here guys? I'm open to criticism. That was the point of the post, I wanted Adam's opinion as well as the communities. We know what his thoughts are at this point, but I truly want to know what others think, that was the point and is why I didn't start off by posting the drawings. This was all well intentioned.

Nope, you are in the clear as far as I see it. He could have gone a whole different route, but didn't , then doubled down on being an ass. It would be interesting to find out how much money he just lost in sales to competitors with his attitude. (y)

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adam attempted to handle it privately. OP posted the picture and the private message publicly.
So he could keep his threats between the two and not show his character... :unsure:

Sponsored

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta read all the drama (probably not) but between this mount and the Mooreflat set it and forget it I can air up in no time. Plus lake floaties for the mermaids.
Ford Bronco ARB air compressor mount 20220311_152712
Ford Bronco ARB air compressor mount 20220311_152727
Ford Bronco ARB air compressor mount 20220311_155110
Ford Bronco ARB air compressor mount 20220311_155118

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope his attorney keeps a good retainer, because he isn’t going to make any money on this deal.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regardless of any of the dialogue. It doesn't seem like it would be very hard for lawyers to argue, even though there was no attempt to profit. If everyone took the home made design and made their own, then it would cut into the revenue of 4x4. I don't fully understand the patent laws, but to me it seems like that is the point of them, to prevent someone from selling or distributing a design similar to your own.
They can argue, but they also like to make money. There’s no money to be made here, except for a healthy retainer.

LINYBronco21

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Raptor: '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This thread made me chuckle and cringe all in one, numerous times...

As for your patent protection, good luck on that.

A: You don't actually have a patent yet, you'll need to wait until your patent is approved by the Patent Office before you can take any action other than your lawyer sending a letter to OP. Which he doesn't have to follow FYI.

Here's some info you might find useful:
Ford Bronco ARB air compressor mount 1647046350305

B: OP isn't selling the product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.