Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My plan was to have 2 horses in my driveway when I retire at the end of the year.
The Mustang Mach E is already there and I should have my interim Bronco next month.
That should take care of it for me.
No "Real" horses run on electricity, unless its a carousel :) but whats the fun of going up and down in a circle??? JK man... how you liking that Mach-E?
Sponsored

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my OBX in April of this year and I DEFINITELY had anxiety about fuel economy leading up to it once the upward slope of fuel costs globally began. The fuel economy even for a base OBX 2.3L is abysmal, I’m always surprised by how poor it is even in highway situations with minimal wind and light acceleration. Eco mode ain’t worth a damn either, even in city settings.

I’d love a PHEV option like the Jeep 4xE but hybrids have the issue of keeping all the expensive issues of ICE vehicles and the new issues of battery replacements associated with electric vehicles. It’s why they’re a necessary but compromised step towards an all EV future.

And believe me, I’ll be the first person in line for an all-electric Jeep or Bronco whenever those hit the market.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No "Real" horses run on electricity, unless its a carousel :) but whats the fun of going up and down in a circle??? JK man... how you liking that Mach-E?
I wasn't sure how I would like it but it's been great. I've had it for over 2 months and 2500 miles. Even my tech-adverse wife now loves it. I let a friend drive it a few times over the weekend and he's trying to talk his wife into one.
My 2013 F150 gets about 12mpg, so using the Bronco will be an improvement over it !!
ETA on the Bronco is 7/7-14. Looking forward to getting one (& later trading it in on the one I REALLY want but that Ford doesn't seem to want to build).

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's funny... 6-12 months ago, anyone who would raise the question of fuel mileage on here, would be berated by people with comments like "if you're worried about gas mileage, get a Prius!", "if you can't afford gas, maybe you should be looking at other vehicles" etc - all of which I thought was ignorant (and still do), because EVERYONE has a point.. whether it's $4, $6, $10 or $50 a gallon, where they will have to make a decision. With gas prices dipping into the $7 range at some gas stations now (I was happy to get 87 octane for $5.99 at Costco this weekend), it is absolutely affecting how often I go out for "fun drives", especially considering it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get anywhere decent for trails,... a day of driving off road is a full tank of gas - about $105.00, and that's on top of the regular daily commuting (a tank a week)... so if I were go go out for fun every weekend, I'd be spending about $800-$900 a month in gas. That hurts.
So well put and everyone has a threshold of what they will pay. While I am fortunate enough to have my new Bronco mainly through equity of past vehicles, many years of savings and hard work, my take home income is not that great. I don't even have a Bronco payment and can't afford the $500 a month gas it would cost me to drive it daily. I so wonder how some of you do it, with a vehicle payment, then the $XXX per month for gas equating to this $800 or $900 for gas. And that's at current prices. So at $10.00 a gallon that would double to 2K a month. So is that the threshold or would some of you pay that or more to drive your Bronco?

Sponsored

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never considered the bronco a daily driver, so no. I want to keep unnecessary miles off it anyway and my commute miles are so intense I have a hybrid for that.

It will impact how many and how long of adventures I can do with it, but I also have an ADV bike if i want to go off road and sip fuel.

I'm very fortunate to be able to look at it as a toy, if it was my only transportation yes I'd be reconsidering reluctantly.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
By the time I actually get my Bronco, prices will probably be down to $2 per gallon 😂 . And when I originally reserved my Bronco, the price per barrel of oil was almost in the negatives haha.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't make me regret getting the Bronco, but is a bit of a bummer that it gets so much less than the Bronco Sport did :)

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Daily drive and have been since February. Fill up every 10-14 days. That being said gas was never free. So If at $2 more a gallon then before that is an extra $30-$40 extra each fill up, that comes out to around $800-$1000 extra. That isnt a big enough difference to me. Now if that was 4k more then it may be an issue. But we would be talking about $12.75 a gallon.

Sponsored

BoiseRob

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering my other vehicles are a diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2500 HD diesel pickup with a 62 gallon fuel tank... NO!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
How does that make gas cheaper?
It makes it cheaper to the owner/user because the fuel for the vehicle is cheaper or more expensive depending on the type of fuel the vehicle uses.
Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1654541421455

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really do the math, for a normal 12,000 mile a year driver the difference between $3/gal and $6/gal is likely $1500. Most of us are buying $50k+ rigs. $1500 for an entire year is not fun to pay but is overhyped in the fact that we're all going to go bankrupt or something. Hence studies have shown we haven't reduced oil consumption as a country at all with the increase in prices, which is really horrible, because these oil companies with record profits will have zero incentive to stop gouging us.

OP
OP
FormerJeepJunkie

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny... 6-12 months ago, anyone who would raise the question of fuel mileage on here, would be berated by people with comments like "if you're worried about gas mileage, get a Prius!", "if you can't afford gas, maybe you should be looking at other vehicles" etc - all of which I thought was ignorant (and still do), because EVERYONE has a point.. whether it's $4, $6, $10 or $50 a gallon, where they will have to make a decision. With gas prices dipping into the $7 range at some gas stations now (I was happy to get 87 octane for $5.99 at Costco this weekend), it is absolutely affecting how often I go out for "fun drives", especially considering it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get anywhere decent for trails,... a day of driving off road is a full tank of gas - about $105.00, and that's on top of the regular daily commuting (a tank a week)... so if I were go go out for fun every weekend, I'd be spending about $800-$900 a month in gas. That hurts.
I think you worded this pretty well. My current vehicle gets about 16 mpg now, so this isn’t going to hurt as long as things overall don’t start to pinch. The concept creeps in when you say “well, if you are already buying- why not get something that isn’t going to cost $300 a month in gas?”

Im not saying I’m ready to punt on the Bronco- but it may be a question about cost overall eventually. I was around when car companies used to offer free gas as an enticement to buy new (20ish years ago). That got people flooding in the doors. I honestly believe that if there wasn’t a shortage of vehicles in general, you’d see those types of incentives out there now.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I’m curious- are gas prices having you reconsider buying a bronco? I assume many (myself included) aren’t exactly driving green vehicles at the moment anyway, but I figure there are a good amount that ordered these when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Is there a line where you break off interest?
My FAFE (family average fuel economy) went up!
Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220528_182255318
Sponsored