First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
If only they offered lockers, I would get base 2.3/mt, lockers, lift and those tires. Oh and the flare deletes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just looked up some comparison pics..Not sure I can get on board with now skinny they look.
I've spent a lot of time in the dirt with those tires. They perform really well and ride nice on the pavement. Would not hesitate to have them on my Bronco.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If only they offered lockers, I would get base 2.3/my, lockers, lift and those tires. Oh and the flare deletes.
That is exactly my dream build...in antimatter blue...then get roof and grill painted white by local shop ...steelies powder coated white...

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I think I'm a Base model convert. Was going to get a big bend because the 2.3l manual was standard on the 4dr but now I think I'm going for the 2.7l auto. Build and price will give a better idea of the cost difference between the two. I'll probably convert the base steelies into winter tires and get a set of new wheels with 32 or 33inch A/T.

I don't really see much benefit to getting the big bend besides the small cosmetic changes, the wheels (which I'll probably change), and the ability to add the mid package which I don't care much about. So now that's settled I have to decide on a color ?

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't really see much benefit to getting the big bend besides the small cosmetic changes, the wheels (which I'll probably change), and the ability to add the mid package which I don't care much about. So now that's settled I have to decide on a color ?
Same here, IMO not much value in BB unless you care about mid package and don't plan on changing wheels. Have a feeling BB will sell well with the non-enthusiast crowd.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, but they would be ultra functional, tough, and with the steelies give the Bronco a real retro look. I have 235 85 16's on my Rubicon, they do the job
Care to share a pic of you Rubicon Wheels, just want to have an idea how they look and I can start dreaming of Bronco with the same wheels.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not joking- I will probably end up with a base as our second one.. I made two reservations..
Same here - I was fortunate enough (stupid enough?) to score a First Edition - but I also reserved a base 2 door. Gonna build it with locking differentials and nothing else, basy basic base base base... All that's left is to figure out how I'm gonna pay for the 2, and do I order them in the same color?

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Care to share a pic of you Rubicon Wheels, just want to have an idea how they look and I can start dreaming of Bronco with the same wheels.
First, these are the stock 5 spoke aluminum wheels with 235 85 16 Cooper AT3, with the Base Bronco you would have steel and I would go with 255 85 16 ST Maxx, which are about an 3/4 inch taller and wider. If I had known about the 255's I would have gotten them instead. Note: the Rubicon wheels are 8" wide which is too wide for the 235's. The Bronco Base wheels are 7" wide which will be fine for either, but I would go with the 255's
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread IMGP4296.JPG

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi, All!

Been lurking for a while now. Just pulled the reservation trigger and reserved a Base 4 door. Plan is automatic(think it's standard), 2.7 and Sasquatch. Assuming this comes in under or at the BD 4 door with automatic. Color probably Antimatter Blue, though Iconic Silver may slide in as could Carbonized Gray. I also hope that 35" A/T will be a no-cost option.

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, All!

Been lurking for a while now. Just pulled the reservation trigger and reserved a Base 4 door. Plan is automatic(think it's standard), 2.7 and Sasquatch. Assuming this comes in under or at the BD 4 door with automatic. Color probably Antimatter Blue, though Iconic Silver may slide in as could Carbonized Gray. I also hope that 35" A/T will be a no-cost option.
That’s exactly what I’m doing down to the iconic silver. You totally copied me!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base, 2Dr w/Squatch, 2.7 Auto, Antimatter. Just reserved today. (y)

Tlarkinjeri

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mariner, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello everyone, thanks for all the great info!
My wish is to have the 2 door 2.7 manual with heated seats, privacy glass, 17" wheels, vinyl floor, modular roof and that slide shelf. Since this also needs to be my daily ride and finances are always a thing, I will probably get the 2dr, 2.3 with auto and add on comforts later. Being new to off road fun, I want to add on what I need as I learn.
Right now it seems like the Base will have limited options available. Does this mean it is not equipped to handle the extras on the electric system? Should I be concerned trying to add on later will incur hefty electrical work?
Will it be an issue getting modular roof or larger wheels - no Sasquatch at the time I order? Is Ford going to punish me for getting base model?.................................
Sponsored