Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base is such a bargain, it will be cheaper than my JKU sport was (in all fairness, I am looking at the 2 door).

I'm stuck between

Base/Auto
Basesquatch (Seems most bang for the buck, but the 35's as daily worry me some)
BB with Mid package.

Lucky we have another month I guess.
Tires are easy to change. Get the bigfoot kit and sell your 35" take-off tires if you don't like them. Too many other goodies to miss out on just because of the tires, IMO.
Sponsored

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am really hoping to see some pictures of a 4 door Base soon I love the pictures of the IG 2 door need something new maybe VB 4DR????

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I don't really care about having a locker, but I do plan on adding a Truetrac LSD. The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is the 3.73s, but I think they will be fine when I upgrade to 32s.

I kept trying to tell people that and no one believes me. If you look at other trims the advanced 4x4 is $795 option standalone, which is added on when you select squatch for $4995.
I'm not sure if this is later mentioned, but according to @Rocketeer Rick . Who is in the LSD business, the base has the ring gear welded to the carrier. Meaning that if installing a helical that you'd need new gears anyways. You sound like you have the kind of experience that I could benefit from as from what I've read and watched about LSDs, lockers, and helicals that my best fit as a daily driver and light off-roader with no rock crawling would be a helical such a Truetrac, Torsen, etc. What torque bias would you recommend for the base model, front and rear? Pros and cons in general? Rough cost of parts and labor? Other considerations. Thank you.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking about starting a thread for this but screw it. Here we go.

I am a day one reservation and wanted to order a base manual sasquatch. Since that has now been pushed to MY22 and with the dealer allocation news, I am not willing to wait. So my new plan is to just order a base manual and DIY what I wanted from the squatch(everything except the front locker and the beadlocks). This is were I need some help:

tires and wheels (dont think i need help here)
upgraded front and rear axles to support the big tires? (that is what they are for, right? or do they serve another purpose?)
suspension and lift (what exactly do I need here? 2" lift? how about shocks/struts, is that just part of the lift or...?)
Re gearing 4.46, 4.7 ? (i am quite ignorant on gearing)
Rear locker

am i missing anything? any other mods I would have to do to make all this 'work'? maybe someone who is knowledgeable in these topics can also put a guestimated price for these things? any help or opinions is appreciated, thanks

Last edited:

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha ha, my last two cars have had 17” and 15” screens respectively and I still don’t care about the screen in the Bronco.
17 too big ."Thats what she..."

Sponsored

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The base is such a bargain, it will be cheaper than my JKU sport was (in all fairness, I am looking at the 2 door).

I'm stuck between

Base/Auto
Basesquatch (Seems most bang for the buck, but the 35's as daily worry me some)
BB with Mid package.

Lucky we have another month I guess.
1000 likes!!! Base rules.Sas and 2.7 and bumper or aftermarket , switches bitches and done! Well under40k. No brainer. I have a 2019 with all that fancy BS turned off. Don't take the bait, you don't need or wan't that shit once you get it that extra bullshit. You really don't.

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure if this is later mentioned, but according to @Rocketeer Rick . Who is in the LSD business, the base has the ring gear welded to the carrier. Meaning that if installing a helical that you'd need new gears anyways. You sound like you have the kind of experience that I could benefit from as from what I've read and watched about LSDs, lockers, and helicals that my best fit as a daily driver and light off-roader with no rock crawling would be a helical such a Truetrac, Torsen, etc. What torque bias would you recommend for the base model, front and rear? Pros and cons in general? Rough cost of parts and labor? Other considerations. Thank you.
LSD...Hmmm...Never again , I'm too old now.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking about starting a thread for this but screw it. Here we go.

I am a day one reservation and wanted to order a base manual sasquatch. Since that has now been pushed to MY22 and with the dealer allocation news, I am not willing to wait. So my new plan is to just order a base manual and DIY what I wanted from the squatch(everything except the front locker and the beadlocks). This is were I need some help:

tires and wheels (dont think i need help here)
upgraded front and rear axles to support the big tires? (that is what they are for, right?)
suspension and lift (what exactly do I need here? 2" lift? how about shocks/struts, is that just part of the lift or...?)
Re gearing 4.46, 4.7 ? (i am quite ignorant on gearing)
Rear locker

am i missing anything? any other mods I would have to do to make all this 'work'? maybe someone who is knowledgeable in these topics can also put a guestimated price for these things? any help or opinions is appreciated, thanks
In terms of gearing, if going with the 2.3L manual base, it comes with 4.46 (assuming B&P is correct in that regard). And that should be fine for swapping to larger diameter tires. In fact it's close to the Sas 4.7.

On the other hand, the B&P shows base 2.7L automatic having 3.6 gears (don't have exact number in front of me). That might not be as conducive to large diameter tires.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think my wife is at her breaking point on Bronco talk. She finally asked me why I was screwing around with these builds, buy the Wildtrack and be done she said.

Trouble is, the long gone 30 year old in me would have bought the base and not even thought about looking at the top trims, even if I had the money.

Just wish Race Red or Cyber Orange were available on base.

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my wife is at her breaking point on Bronco talk. She finally asked me why I was screwing around with these builds, buy the Wildtrack and be done she said.

Trouble is, the long gone 30 year old in me would have bought the base and not even thought about looking at the top trims, even if I had the money.

Just wish Race Red or Cyber Orange were available on base.
I hear ya! my GF is axel wrapped on my deliberating on a BD SAS vs. a BL non-SAS, vs. 4 dr. / 2 dr.
And then we get to talk about colors.... LOL.. We do agree on the 2.7L for the powertrain... Thank you Lord! There's a voice in my head that saying... Shadow Black Base, 2-dr. SAS 2.7 with every option available and be done with it....Save the money for other stuff... She's got a 2019 4 dr. Edge with heated seats and steering wheel to fill the gap! LOL.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a voice in my head that saying... Shadow Black Base, 2-dr. SAS 2.7 with every option available and be done with it....Save the money for other stuff...
That's what I'm getting, 'cept AMB instead of Shadow Black, 'cause I'm flashy like that. The 30-year-old me from decades ago still remembers that $10K pays for a lot of gas and gear.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Think I'm back to a Base 4DR in Velocity Blue. Only options will be mud flaps, floor liners and aux switches (that'll probably never get used) and maybe the 2.7. Not going Squatch, off-roading is not the current, or even projected purpose for the Bronco. It's gonna be 99% road and 1% service roads, all at speed!! Back to idea of rally Bronco!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who is thinking about painting the Base wheels another color until others are available? I'm thinking flat black!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who is thinking about painting the Base wheels another color until others are available? I'm thinking flat black!
If I don't Squatch, yes. Just a note: I find Satin Black better than flat black, it's still flat but a nicer texture and tone.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I don't Squatch, yes. Just a note: I find Satin Black better than flat black, it's still flat but a nicer texture and tone.
I think I'm off the Squatch train for now. Just doesn't make sense for my anticipated and projected uses.
Sponsored