First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm hoping that I can talk to the dealer (Stevens) about at least swapping the base tires for something a little bigger. I dont see why they wouldn't but maybe I'm missing something.
I'm sure this will be no problem as I hear businesses often trade goods and services for money.

Give them money and they'll give you tires.
Sponsored

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure this will be no problem as I hear businesses often trade goods and services for money.

Give them money and they'll give you tires.
Yeah I just haven't done it before so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of credit for the existing tires. Also not sure if a dealer would entertain changing the size given warranty issues.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think they'll give you a credit on the old tires but it can't hurt to ask.

Regarding warranty I don't see why it would matter. They sell the base with the same size tire with different hearing and sell other trims with numerous tire and gearing combination. Going up to 32 would be same as BB with same gearing.

You may end up paying full price for new tires and putting the take-offs on Craigslist marketplace.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think they give you a credit on the old tires but it can't hurt to ask.

You may end up paying full price for new tires and putting the take-offs on Craigslist marketplace.
Thats cool too. Its a 4-5 drive so I just need to figure it out in advance. Might just be easier to deal with once I get it home. I'm just hopeful I can ease that process by getting the dealer to swap them for me.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's where I'm at ....

build a base SaS with V6 and throw in the mod bumper with brush bar a few small goodies tube doors and bimini for 41ish

Or Badlands with nothing take the MT and 2.3 for right around 43k
2 dr

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not paying 40k after taxes for a base bronco. I dropped the sasquatch, I'm back to base base, 2.3 MT, add mod bumper(because i despise plastic, less is more) , switches, floor liners =
$31,175msrp + $2338 tax =
$33,513 plus whatever dealer fee and whatnot, lets say $34k

My pricepoint was 35k. Sasquatch would have brought it up to 40k. Could i do it? Yes, but i don't want to. After a couple years I'll revisit and see where Ford is

And yes, the last price change is what caused my change in build. I was fine with pricing before they added the cost of the autoT, the extra $1500 tipped it. And i didn't really want the tires that came with sasquatch, so i didn't want to pay extra for things i didn't want. I do want the lockers, but I'll be fine with 4x4.

Last edited:

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not paying 40k after taxes for a base bronco. I dropped the sasquatch, I'm back to base base, 2.3 MT, add mod bumper(because i despise plastic, less is more) , switches, floor liners =

My pricepoint was 35k. Sasquatch would have brought it up to 40k. Could i do it? Yes, but i don't want to. After a couple years I'll revisit and see where Ford is

And yes, the last price change is what caused my change in build. I was fine with pricing before they added the cost of the autoT, the extra $1500 tipped it. And i didn't really want the tires that came with sasquatch, so i didn't want to pay extra for things i didn't want. I do want the lockers, but I'll be fine with 4x4.
I did some price crunching last night on my build, all said and done it's a tough pill to swallow. Base base with only 2.7 auto and aux switches..
  • BASE MSRP $28,500
  • OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES $3,685
  • DESTINATION CHARGES $1,495
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICE $33,680
  • ESTIMATED TAX/TITLE/REG $3,610
  • ESTIMATED TOTAL $37,290
I still want to go through with it, but damn that's a hefty price tag for a base model all said and done. And that's just a estimate, It could be closer to $38k. Then there's basic extras I would like to do after delivery like tint, roof sound deadening, floor mats, and A/T tires. At that point you're above $40k and it's not sounding like a good deal anymore.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did some price crunching last night on my build, all said and done it's a tough pill to swallow.
At that point you're above $40k and it's not sounding like a good deal anymore.
Agree, 40k base... I'm not seeing it, it doesn't make sense to me.

Adds up quick:ROFLMAO:

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did some price crunching last night on my build, all said and done it's a tough pill to swallow. Base base with only 2.7 auto and aux switches..
  • BASE MSRP $28,500
  • OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES $3,685
  • DESTINATION CHARGES $1,495
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICE $33,680
  • ESTIMATED TAX/TITLE/REG $3,610
  • ESTIMATED TOTAL $37,290
I still want to go through with it, but damn that's a hefty price tag for a base model all said and done. And that's just a estimate, It could be closer to $38k. Then there's basic extras I would like to do after delivery like tint, roof sound deadening, floor mats, and A/T tires. At that point you're above $40k and it's not sounding like a good deal anymore.
It is the whole tax and title thing that bugs me buying any new car. You don't even get a kiss for that one, but the higher the trim level the bigger the tax liability.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in a similar position, I didn't love the sasquatch rims or having 35" tires but for $5000 I was willing. I also wanted the 7sp but was ok with the automatic if it was baked into the price. When the b&p updated and everything upcharged I switched to a Black Diamond.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm hoping that I can talk to the dealer (Stevens) about at least swapping the base tires for something a little bigger. I dont see why they wouldn't but maybe I'm missing something.
They can’t swap because of SKU ‘s and inventory. But you can buy another set ??‍♂

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While you have to figure tax etc when you're looking at your payments, I get the feeling folks are holding that against Ford and using it to negate the value of the Base ..... you'll have to pay sales tax/title/registration whether you're buying a brand new Bronco or a 74 Gremlin.

Ford only wants 37K for the vehicle, the rest is Uncle Sam and the Govenor taking their cut, put the blame where it belongs. (37k as an example)

Man, I'm still all over the board on where I want to be.
  • baseBase (manual)
  • BaseSquatch
  • Base6Squatch
  • base Black Diamond and some options (manual)
  • Badlands gets too pricey for my value driven attitude.

When this first started in 2016, I was all in at 50 to 52k for a LOADED Bronco ..... now I just don't see the value for what I get at the 50k+ level.
What I'm most concerned with is a good tough driveline and the BaseSqautch value is great considering what you get for that .... 4 or 6cyl.
Even at that though, the reality is I can get a baseBase , add bigger tires and and it will do every thing I need it to do ... a locker would be a big help, but I've made it up the ultra steep, gravel driveway at the cabin in 2wd's , it's rough on the driveway if you spin though....

I may just baseBase for a year or two and decide where I want to be and see if Ford can get their shit straightened out by then too.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all of this time that we have had to build and re-build our dream Broncos....I've only come to one solid concept. I will not be going Sasquatch.

While it would be cool to have the parts and capabilities of it, it's not why I'm getting a Bronco. Top off and door off fun is where it is at for me.

It'll get to some trails at some point, but the basic 4x4 system, traction control and G.O.A.T. modes should get me through wherever I go.

This is my runabout, not a trail machine. Road speed and comfort over boulder bashing and river fording. Maybe even a tow rig for a superlight camper.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think we will get an estimated time on production of base mansquatch in the near future? I have a day one reservation, so for example if Ford says production on mansquatch will not start until 2022 Q2 I would not order it.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you think we will get an estimated time on production of base mansquatch in the near future? I have a day one reservation, so for example if Ford says production on mansquatch will not start until 2022 Q2 I would not order it.
Considering where we are with 2021 models, I'm going to say no:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored