First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
While you have to figure tax etc when you're looking at your payments, I get the feeling folks are holding that against Ford and using it to negate the value of the Base ..... you'll have to pay sales tax/title/registration whether you're buying a brand new Bronco or a 74 Gremlin.

Ford only wants 37K for the vehicle, the rest is Uncle Sam and the Govenor taking their cut, put the blame where it belongs. (37k as an example)

I may just baseBase for a year or two and decide where I want to be and see if Ford can get their shit straightened out by then too.
I'm not blaming anyone. Just factoring in the entire cost i need to account for. Just being fiscally responsible so there are no surprises.

I think that's a good plan. I wanted basemansquatch, but that looks like it will take forever at this point.
Buy now and reevaluate later. I don't see a problem trading in a 2021 for a 2023 or something later. I expect values to hold pretty well
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my runabout, not a trail machine. Road speed and comfort over boulder bashing and river fording. Maybe even a tow rig for a superlight camper.
[/QUOTE]

DonM, I think you finally crystalized my decision with you calling it your runabout. I laughed at it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more it fit.

After all this time, I am looking at Base/auto/Mod bumper/Aux in White. Seems I am almost doing the opposite of choice, but I am happier about this than all my other hundreds of builds, where I felt I should get more, since I was ordering anything I wanted. Finally realized, everything I wanted, was barely anything at all. I do with the softtop could come standard in the 2 door.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is my runabout, not a trail machine. Road speed and comfort over boulder bashing and river fording. Maybe even a tow rig for a superlight camper.
DonM, I think you finally crystalized my decision with you calling it your runabout. I laughed at it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more it fit.

After all this time, I am looking at Base/auto/Mod bumper/Aux in White. Seems I am almost doing the opposite of choice, but I am happier about this than all my other hundreds of builds, where I felt I should get more, since I was ordering anything I wanted. Finally realized, everything I wanted, was barely anything at all. I do with the softtop could come standard in the 2 door.
[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help! I’m still struggling. This is pretty much my early retirement present to myself and my wife said get it how I want it! However, how I want it is overkill for how it’ll be used. I may jump from Base to Big Bend to get Cactus Grey and the 4.27 locker and the 32s, oh and the mid package for the heated front seats!

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going base on the Bronco is probably the easiest decision I have ever made in purchasing a vehicle. Very ironic considering it is going to be $10,000 more than I have ever spent on the dozens and dozens of vehicles that I have owned in my 50 years. Of course I have no ambition of rock crawling either. Manual - Check. 2dr-Check. Inexpensive road friendly tires - check. More old school - check. This thing is so safe compared to anything old school, I feel fine without all of extra safety stuff. All the comfort and convenience stuff, no thank you. I will feel more manly driving down the road without it, lol. Anything to make it prettier or cooler? Nah, I mean I definitely get it but, I am more concerned with the feel and the fun of the drive and tops/doors off than staring at it and what I look like in it. Although I will be staring at it plenty ;) And most of all, what a freaking steal at $29,995 - $2000 (thanks Laura Ford) = $27,995. It is almost to good to be true. I can see this vehicle possibly never going down too awful much in value. I could care less though because if the Bronco holds up decently it will never be sold. Been lurking a long time and very grateful for all the gained knowledge and fun reads. Stay positive people! This Bronco is worth the wait and will be a BLAST!!

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is my actual retirement present to myself. My wife said the same thing, get the expensive bad boy (her talk for Squatch). Who knows what I will do, as I will pull the trigger on the 19th, even though I could wait. I will be glad to decide.

I do "pretty" my rigs up a bit. The JKU has a couple small touches and the Mustang is almost cartoonish with the Hood Scoop (non functional, but I know it adds HP ;) ), the Rear spoiler, the staggered wheels I have always wanted, the added stripes and the Got to Have it Green it came in.

I do want the blindspot indicator (of course I have somehow survived without it for 45 years) and the heated seats (though I have not missed them for 7 years in the jeep).

I may splurge on Aux switches, course then I lose my sunglasses holder, that I will use all the time.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is my actual retirement present to myself. My wife said the same thing, get the expensive bad boy (her talk for Squatch). Who knows what I will do, as I will pull the trigger on the 19th, even though I could wait. I will be glad to decide.

I do "pretty" my rigs up a bit. The JKU has a couple small touches and the Mustang is almost cartoonish with the Hood Scoop (non functional, but I know it adds HP ;) ), the Rear spoiler, the staggered wheels I have always wanted, the added stripes and the Got to Have it Green it came in.

I do want the blindspot indicator (of course I have somehow survived without it for 45 years) and the heated seats (though I have not missed them for 7 years in the jeep).

I may splurge on Aux switches, course then I lose my sunglasses holder, that I will use all the time.
Unless your sunglasses are super thin I find the holder less than useless on modern vehicles.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unless your sunglasses are super thin I find the holder less than useless on modern vehicles.
Interesting, I have never had one, so didn't consider that they may not fit a pair of glasses well. An Aviator guy, so likely will fit.

They too small for some single pairs, or just more than one pair?

Last edited:

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting, I have never had one, so didn't consider that they may not fit a pair of glasses well. An Aviator guy, so likely will fit.

Might be worth your time to stop by a Ford dealership and try out the sunglasses holder on a ranger. If they fit you're all set and if they don't you'll know to get the aux switches. My dollar store sunglasses never fit in our escapes holder but I don't wear aviators.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like the Advanced auto 4x4 transfer case (E5C) is available as a stand-alone option! No $5000 Squatch required!
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1610602091728

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And we're still not giving up much to the Big Bend, other than the ability to order locking rear and 4.27 gears, mid package, and some colors.
Still not seeing the justification for the $5000 upcharge for the Big Bend:
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1610602715509

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the Advanced auto 4x4 transfer case (E5C) is available as a stand-alone option! No $5000 Squatch required!
Unfortunately not. For E5C, automatic is required. Which then means that sasquatch is mandatory.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately not. For E5C, automatic is required. Which then means that sasquatch is mandatory.
Bingo. It's not clear, but follow the footnotes and this is pretty much what it reads.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

They also add map lights with the switches. Far more useful than a safe space to hang up sunglasses for me...
Sponsored