Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok have not seen this discussed yet.

The auto looks like it is standard on the 4 door, with no option for the manual.

But manual is standard on the 2 door? With auto an option.

So this tells me that you cannot get the manual in the 4 door?

Hope i am wrong. I placed my reservation with the intention to get a 4 door base model, with stick and sas package.
Sponsored

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base mode is really pretty livable- Power windows and locks, probably keyless entry (since it's not listed as an upgrade) 8" Sync with CarPlay, Std. hard top and AC, LED headlights... Would cost you another $6k to get on a Jeep.
There'll be plenty of take-off wheels to go around to dress up the outside a little, though with a running change to the base Badlands 17" Steelies, I'd be content.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base mode is really pretty livable- Power windows and locks, probably keyless entry (since it's not listed as an upgrade) 8" Sync with CarPlay, Std. hard top and AC, LED headlights... Would cost you another $6k to get on a Jeep.
There'll be plenty of take-off wheels to go around to dress up the outside a little, though with a running change to the base Badlands 17" Steelies, I'd be content.
Wait, wait, my understanding was you had to move up to the trim just above base to get CarPlay?

If I’m getting A/C, intermittent wipers, cruise control, power windows, full-size spare, carpet, center console, and carplay on the base Trim, why would anyone want to move up?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about base and then get the pax coyote v8 installed?
If you got $30k to change the engine, why are you looking at a base ?
If the Sasquatch Package is about 5k then its a good deal for the 35 Inch Tire and Rims for a set of 4 would come to approx. $2k and the rest of it for other stuff, would still be a good add-on to Base.
need a set of 5 for the spare

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you got $30k to change the engine, why are you looking at a base ?

need a set of 5 for the spare
Spend $60k to get tons of options and be stuck with a tiny 2.xL euro engine.
Spend $60k to get the important things AND a V8.

That’s actually not a hard decision.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$60k for a base bronco with just a v8? To each their own

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

.... I mean I guess. But an engine swapped bronco will be significantly less reliable than a stock one. I’d have no interest in one besides as a trail rig or toy, and even then I’d have to wear out the initial engine first.

Let’s be honest though, as much as people talk about doing swaps etc there are going to be maybe a handful that do it, if that. If you’re going through the trouble of doing a V8 swap and not changing anything else with the running gear you must enjoy lighting money on fire. Only way it’s worth it is if you’re doing a supercharger and changing axles/ t case etc.

If you want an example? Look at how many 3.8 liter jeeps have had a swap done to a 3.6 V6. Even though it would be relatively easy, it’s never been done because doing an engine swap is such an involved process (in this day and age) and the only reason it’s worth doing is if you are getting a SIGNIFICANT power increase. Which a NA coyote is not going to be. It will actually be slower than the 2.7.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, wait, my understanding was you had to move up to the trim just above base to get CarPlay?

If I’m getting A/C, intermittent wipers, cruise control, power windows, full-size spare, carpet, center console, and carplay on the base Trim, why would anyone want to move up?
Correct.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
.... I mean I guess. But an engine swapped bronco will be significantly less reliable than a stock one. I’d have no interest in one besides as a trail rig or toy, and even then I’d have to wear out the initial engine first.

Let’s be honest though, as much as people talk about doing swaps etc there are going to be maybe a handful that do it, if that. If you’re going through the trouble of doing a V8 swap and not changing anything else with the running gear you must enjoy lighting money on fire. Only way it’s worth it is if you’re doing a supercharger and changing axles/ t case etc.

If you want an example? Look at how many 3.8 liter jeeps have had a swap done to a 3.6 V6. Even though it would be relatively easy, it’s never been done because doing an engine swap is such an involved process (in this day and age) and the only reason it’s worth doing is if you are getting a SIGNIFICANT power increase. Which a NA coyote is not going to be. It will actually be slower than the 2.7.
I will 100% be doing a V8 swap is Ford can’t get their head out of their arse and offer it. My personal experience with the 2.7L can be characterized as POS. By that metric the coyote cannot be significantly more unreliable than the 2.7L I had.

I don’t care about peak horsepower or torque I want the feel of a V8, I want an engine that feels and sounds powerful.

You can’t in the same post state the V8 is less powerful than the 2.7L and then state the running gear cannot handle the V8, which is it?

Plenty of people doing V8 swaps on Wranglers and frankly I find the Pentastar significantly more appealing than either eco boost engines.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and getting a base model? Count me in! 2-door, base, 7 speed, and sasquatch of course. Going for cactus grey, I am in AZ after all! I will add aux switches if available. Nothing else I really need, I'll go aftermarket!
I like the idea of building my own from base, but I can't get all the options I want with the base, so it's a no from me.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like they just updated the specs on the website. CarPlay/Android Auto are now listed as standard.

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will 100% be doing a V8 swap is Ford can’t get their head out of their arse and offer it. My personal experience with the 2.7L can be characterized as POS. By that metric the coyote cannot be significantly more unreliable than the 2.7L I had.

I don’t care about peak horsepower or torque I want the feel of a V8, I want an engine that feels and sounds powerful.

You can’t in the same post state the V8 is less powerful than the 2.7L and then state the running gear cannot handle the V8, which is it?

Plenty of people doing V8 swaps on Wranglers and frankly I find the Pentastar significantly more appealing than either eco boost engines.
My point about upgrading the running gear is that if you are doing a V8 swap the only way to make it worthwhile is to supercharge it and go all out. And I’ll be honest, if the “feel” of a V8 is worth $30k maybe we are just on such different financial planets that it’s not a big deal and you can indeed afford to throw money away. However, if that is the case I can’t see any reason to justify a base model. Should be going for a wildtrack or badlands and upgrading that.

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base