Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are they All Season or All Terrain? I found All Season which looks like All Terrain in Walmart for $74.00

1599837841090.png
I just put a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70/r17) on the wife's Jeep last winter. So far she likes them. Depending whether or not on sale, run in the $180-$220 range for that size (the wider 33's) and they look good. So far handle good as well, they are more of a hybrid between AT & MT. I'd probably run them or some BFG's MT's or AT's. A lot of people also mention the Faulken Wildpeaks.

Ford Bronco Base Model or Big Bend? 1599840234613
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went from base to BB and in last few days back to base. OJ white or CG...
Same here was set on cg then the white now the whole world is falling out of the sky due to fires so im back to cg

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4door 7 speed Big Bend for me.

I want the mid package, as this will be a daily driver. Base doesn't have it. Also I believe Area 51 doesn't come in Base.

I don't need any fancy off-road stuff but I'd like enough to go overlanding, or just trails. I'd love a Badlands, but I know I'd be a poser, because I wouldn't use the steel bumpers, or added tech/mechanical things... plus its an extra 10-15k more.

At most I'd change out the wheels or just powdercoat the stock things to black.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big Bend 4 Door35,880Base 4 Door33,200
Auto1,600Auto0
Destination1,495Destination1,495
Aux Switches300Aux Switches300
4.27 E-Locker/LSD700Sasquatch5,000
41,875​
41,895​

Okay....here is my Big Bend versus BaseSquatch build. If I look at it this way, the BB doesn't cost me more to get to my preferred color (Cactus Gray). Also on the BB, I don't feel obliged to get the 2.7 like I do on the BaseSquatch. The prices on the locker and aux switches are just hopeful guesses.

Ugh...where is B&P???????

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure how many of you saw or heard....apparently the Base 4DR does not come standard with the automatic. Thread is here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what-the-fluff-did-ford-change-the-specs-on-base.5446/

It gets really interesting if the 2DR to 4DR price increase matches the rest of trims ($2495 bump). With current known prices you could end up with a BaseSquatch 4DR auto 2.7 aux switches for around $41K. That appears to be about $1k lower than with the auto included price!

Ford Canada is still showing Base 4DR as auto standard.

If price drops and a la cart lockers are available I might have a build around $38K for a Base 4DR 2.7 Auto Aux Switches and lockers/LSD.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

100% agree. The 4-DR BASE with auto standard is a huge value. Even if you get top of the line aftermarket tires you'll have savings. Add individual features from Mid-Package and higher trims and it is THE trim to get.
automatic is not standard. Ford updated the page. It was a mistake. It will cost more to get the auto w/ base now.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

automatic is not standard. Ford updated the page. It was a mistake. It will cost more to get the auto w/ base now.
Yes. I was mistakenly going off of the Ford website that was changed today. I'm probably 90% Big Bend now. Not much of a value to do a 4DR BASE anymore.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. I was mistakenly going off of the Ford website that was changed today. I'm probably 90% Big Bend now. Not much of a value to do a 4DR BASE anymore.
Hopefully they don't screw up on the accessories prices when the b&p comes out cause that change with the base really pissed a lot of people off. I was always looking at the 2 door, but that sucks for those that wanted the 4 door and now have to drop more money.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully they don't screw up on the accessories prices when the b&p comes out cause that change with the base really pissed a lot of people off. I was always looking at the 2 door, but that sucks for those that wanted the 4 door and now have to drop more money.
If they are truly adding 200 accessories and options to B&P. I'm cool with them taking their time. I'd hate to configure a vehicle and be off the actual price $1600+ when it's time to order.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont bet on it about the screwup. It's Ford we are talking about, they can do anything and get away with it.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With Granger 2000 under msrp deal I may go 2 door BB with Auto over the Base. Just swap out those street tires for some AT 33s and done.

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been back and forth on Base vs Big Bend and everyone I know is done hearing about it. There are items on the Big Bend that I would like, but I don't see the additional $5K in value for those options. With the Base I'm giving up:
  • Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob --> don't care about either
  • LED fog lights --> do care and would like, but can install aftermarket for $300
  • Privacy glass --> do care and would like, but can install 5-window ceramic tint for $450
  • Tires & Rims ---> I'm good with the Steelies, but will probably swap out at some point
  • 6th G.O.A.T mode --> I'm good with 5 G.O.A.T modes and they will get me where I'm going
  • Color Options --> would have liked Cactus Gray, but just as happy with Oxford White or AB
  • Option to buy more options --> could care less about the Mid Pkg and.... I'm buying a Bronco, do I really need the Co-Pilot 360 bundle with lane assist?
Anyway, after a lot of deliberation I'm going with a Base 2-Door, Oxford White, with Sound Deadening Headliner, Roof Rack & Keyless-Entry KeyPad, so I can leave my keys in my aftermarket center console vault.

Personally I don't see the extra $5K in value going from Base to Big Bend. If I had my heart set on a particular color I guess that might sway my decision, but everything else can be added or changed later except the 6th G.O.A.T mode.
Sponsored

Last edited: